Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Okay, everyone has their own pet rifle/carbine for the Zombie Apocalypse and their justifications for why they own it…

But, what about OTHER weapons? The kind that don’t go “bang”?

I tell you all the truth, in that every deployment I have ever been on, I have carried a tomahawk with me. The tomahawk is the only weapon that has been carried in every war by American soldiers going clean back to the Revolutionary War and even prior to that… their usefulness way outweighs any weight penalty.

Simple, blacksmith made, light, hickory handle bound with parachute cord. I have one with a hammer poll on the back for hammering things, breaking things, driving nails, etc. Another one has a wicked spike that can penetrate a Kevlar helmet like a can opener.

Anyone else care to share?

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

TheRumpledOne
    TheRumpledOne
    Survivalist
    member1

Can you say MACHETE?

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

For use we have Long bows and arrows, Crossbows and bolts but Staying away from compound bows due to the wheels they may make using them easier but when broken take more time to fix.Lets see other things that dont bang.
    Machete’s and swords for close contact. Along with the old fashioned bat and staff and spear. Then you have the hunting traps such as a conibear trap

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Cold steel ” spetsnaz ” shovel , fast and nasty . I agree with the tomahawk , just light enough to be fast , and just heavy enough to do serious damage .

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I love my tomahawk. And of course you can’t talk about non-firearm weapons without talking about the Ka-Bar fighting knife.

Weaponry is always a fun topic, and even the most basic thing can be very deadly. Sharpened sticks that are fire hardened are about as basic as they come, yet can be effective. Hell, even a fork or knife taped onto the end of a broom is better than nothing, especially since you have that stand off distance.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Lot of Medival weapons started out as farm implements ….and we all have an idea of how brutal Medieval warfare was .

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Tomahawk, compound crossbow, tanerite with bb’s and punji stick welcome mats!

Robin

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

One of my favorite weapon types is the Swiss Katzbalger (literally, cat-fight).

Think about the last time you saw two cats throw down… the fight is fast and dirty. The Katzbalger is perfect for close in, fast and dirty fighting. Short, sturdy, wide blade, usually a double fuller (but sometimes there are 3 fullers) and sharp as a razor. The pommel is wide and flared, meaning it’s hard to have the blade slip from your hand. Usually a double ring or “S” guard. An absolutely vicious weapon every bit as bad-assed as the Swiss Landsknecht and Mercenaries who used them…

I just might get myself one.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Military shovel (Yugo), AK bayonet, and small axe.
    Great things, as weapons, and also great as a tools for everyday “life” when when scavenging and collecting useful stuff when SHTF.

Profile photo of temposhot
    temposhot
    Survivalist
    member1

I’ve long been partial to the kukri. I can’t throw any but the Kabar Kukri, but I still really like them.

I do like both the spetsnaz shovel and the tomahawk though.

That is one nice blade, Malgus.

Scott

Shupak
    Shupak
    Veteran
    member1

A pretty nice all-around back-up, in my opinion, would be the Cold Steel Gladius Machete

It’s stabby and slashy, relatively compact, and rugged.

I’m not saying that someone should throw their $500-plus swords in the garbage before they run and pick this up–if you have something better, more power to you.

But this is something that’s generally pretty universally affordable, will hold up to hard use and doesn’t require years of training to wield with relative competency.

“You know how the first generation are warriors, and then the second generation become farmers, and then the third generation become inventors and creators, and then by the fifth generation they’r

Attachments:
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

How about , a WW1 ” replica ” trench knife …basically a 12 inch blade attached to brass knuckles . I say replica , because in some states , having some items is illegal , but if it says replica ….its then legal .

Shupak
    Shupak
    Veteran
    member1

I’m not personally a huge fan of having my fingers locked into a set of metal rings (a la brass knuckles, etcetera), but I could see how that might appeal to some.

You can find one for relatively cheap at sites like BudK or Trueswords, etcetera, or you could go high-end and find some carbon steel “trench knife inspired” custom jobs out there, too.

It all depends on personal preference.

“You know how the first generation are warriors, and then the second generation become farmers, and then the third generation become inventors and creators, and then by the fifth generation they’r

Shupak
    Shupak
    Veteran
    member1

If I were going to suggest a knife for fighting/defense, I’d say something with a stiletto shape might be worth looking at.

This Fury Tactical 9-Inch Boot Knife can be had on Amazon for 11 bucks with free shipping. I’d take that over a trench knife, personally. Quicker on the draw, deeper penetration, more versatility.

Again, though, that’s just personal preference.

Attachments:
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

This Glock knife is on Amazon something around 25$. It is not for some wide use, but when you hold it in your hand you can “feel” its power.
    I mean it is good fighting knife.
    I own it for some time and it is cool knife for that price.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.