Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The theory sounds good, and in movies it looks great. I don’t think I’d be letting anyone do that to me though.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

There is actually about 40 videos if you hit the play all button. But even bruce lee said never kick above the waist or you will taste your testicles, so i do not recommend the kicks. Most experienced fighters never do, kicks, like the spinning back kick are usually reserved for a “FINISH HIM” move.

The wing chun punch is usually used in combination with bursting blocks, but the technique becomes practical for a lamen, when you exchange fists for knifes (its energy efficient). Most of the combat martial arts, not the sports, use blocks and attacks that work both with fists, sticks and knifes. The muscle memory works for whatever is in your hand.

Im not tuting a horn or anything, I only practice the basics.

“fear not the man who knows 10,000 techniques, fear the man who practices the same technique 10,000 times”, Bruce Lee.

There was a lot i did not know about martial arts before the internet. For instance, many know that making a fist the thumb goes on the outside of the fingers, or you break your thumb.

What most do not know, is that if your thumb is not resting on your peter pointers little knuckle beside the finger nail, and is on the middle finger, or heaven forbid the ring finger, it cuts circulation off to a nerve in your hand that increases your chances of a shattered wrist. All the power of the punch is lost when this happens. The loss of circulation weakens the strength of the wrist to stay stiff.

When i taught my little sisters the basics, I instructed them not to even make a fist, but to open palm strike. Not because of that nose bone bullshit, but because that way they never have to worry about a shattered wrist. The palm strike is one of the most devastating blows anyone can do. Straight out of star trek, for a reason. The open palm strike also allows for several maiming techniques involving a womans finger nails. Much more practical if the woman likes long nails. It doesn’t take as much force as you might think to remove a rapists ear.

The major difference between contact sport and combat, is that combat techniques are derived from the idea that you will be facing multiple opponents, and that you do not want to waste all your endurance on one opponent, you want to drop them and move onto the next one. Pure economy of motion, is the very essence of “not breaking a sweat”.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yep I don’t think so. You will have to deal with my guns and if I run out of ammo then I will be using my knifes.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

*shrug* **** happens freedom. Guns are a circle of defense I am currently learning about. Ive been working my way further and further from the first circle since i was a kid.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Heck I can hardly make a fist with my right hand, not a tight one anyway, the fingers just don’t have that much flexibility anymore. Guess I stick to man made weapons.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

74, i don’t know what your physical condition is, but i edited my comment in regards to the open palm strike, might be an option for you.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Kos, thanks. I’m aware of most self defensive methods though. I just have a little arthritis in some of my knuckles. In a reactive situation it wouldn’t even cross my mind that I’m to old for fighting until it was to late.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS I us this knifes, http://www.dvor.com/cold-steel-safe-keeper-ii-knife.html
    I carry two all the time. So when I us my fists there is a knife there.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

That sucks m8, my dads got it bad 2, and carprol tunnel? pardon the spelling. He is in a lot of pain every day, burning through my pain killers 2.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Freedom, i do love my knifes 2 :D

Its a lot of fun to practice with a friend and a couple of tooth picks. You get quick fast lol.

Canada is funny about knifes tho, it can be as big as you want but never concealed.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS, Canada has some funny laws. In Florida if you have a conceal weapon license you can carry a knife concealed which I do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.