Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Thanks much for the links. Those are definite keepers for me – going into my sorted list of resources.

And I’m with you on Window$ 8 & 10. I still miss my XP something fierce, and the ONLY reason I finally accepted Window$ 7 is because it’s at least better than 8 or 10, and is good until 2020. One of these days I keep telling myself I’m going to finally go full open source (Linux or whatever variation). I have a friend who’s highly educated (formally) in systems security, and he does anything he wants to with his Linux system. The learning curve is a bit steep, so maybe I’ll be dead first, but it’s at least on my bucket list! And at least I’ve done away with any MORE Micro$oft crap – I’ve been using OpenOffice for many years, and haven’t spent a dime on a Micro$oft product in many years (with the exception of the choice between Window$ 7 or 8 on my current desktop, and I took the 7 option without even a 2nd thought. I know Bill Gates is about to become the world’s first trillionaire, but I ain’t helpin’ him!

Oh – and I think it won’t be long before I’ve moved beyond just using StartPage as my browser and using their more or less non-tracable “Proxy” option to look at web sites I don’t want to be tracked by. I think it’s become worth the relatively small investment to go VPN. That’s a nice addition to StartPage’s encrypted StartMail – a much better recipient for my money than Gates or Apple.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.