Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

As I’ve done before, I am referencing a Casey Research article that – just the substance of what’s in the title – is material we simply don’t see on TV or read in the morning paper. BUT – I recommend against bothering with ANY of the links in the article, or wasting time on any of the investment-related material. Casey Research was taken over by Porter Stansberry – a man I would not trust for any reason at any time, particularly with my money. Still, they use some of Doug Casey’s original people (very few of them anymore) to provide decent “come-on” stories that have value, but they’re being used as nothing more than bait to sell stuff (i.e. part you and your money, and transfer it to Porter Stansberry’s pocket).

This article is one of the ones worth reading and considering. Nothing brand new here, largely more of what we’ve been seeing for years, but a great reminder that “they” are still at it, and attacking it even harder than ever. And they’re potentially even more dangerous, because they’re desperate. In the US, Trump won the majority of states. The Republicans (not that I trust most of them anyway) control all three branches of government, the majority of governor’s offices, and the majority of state legislatures. And they’re about to move the Supreme Court back to a “Republican” majority. Add to that the surging candidacy of Marine Le Pen, Brexit, and the potential Italian equivalent. Soros and company are rightfully worried, and doubling down on their plans for the rest of us. Heads up! Incoming! (Just avoid any of the “Casey” (Stansberry) add-ons to this article.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/more-welfare-more-warfare

Oh – and to make matters “worse,” former Democrat congressman Dennis Kucinich and current Democrat congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard made an unannounced (and “unapproved”) visit to Syria in the remaining 48-72 hours of the Obama presidency last week. OOOPS! More cracks in the Dark State’s best tool in the US – the Democrat Party. Rep. Gabbard doesn’t seem to mind making herself a “marked” woman, and Dennis Kucinich never did mind bucking the party he otherwise so well represented until he left Congress. More power too ‘em.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, thanks for the link will be reading the article today.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The Donald works hard and has a great record of making good decisions. This country is facing a use it or lose it situation. What is the dark state really? People are going insane. They’re losing the ability to make rational connections between different paths of action. Trump has cut through the red tape and started to do things that need to be done.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Executive Order extreme vetting has been signed. Under Obama no Christians. Under Trump Syrian forgers will be shown the door. Along with Hillarys/Obama’s Isis friends. There needs to be some retroactive vetting done, just to be sure.

The rats are running in the daylight.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The Rutland refugee program is now thought to be dead as a result of Trump’s Executive Order. The local lefties are devastated of course. Two families had arrived last week and they should be it. My guess is that the initial families would have been carefully chosen so as to signal the community that all refugees are just like these families, so I doubt those two will be an issue in any way.

The thinking is that the program won’t be resurrected given Trump wants to cut the incoming refugee level in half and if so then there won’t be enough people for all the new communities that programs were starting up in. We can’t forget that there is big money in these programs for the people who run them and if their revenue is going to be cut in half then they’re going to consolidate operations out of necessity. When the left once again takes control of Washington DC then maybe it’ll be resurrected but we’ve got at least 4 years on our side.

One thing that ticks me off is the Mayor of Rutland saying that the refugees represented much needed diversity. I resent the implication that the current residents are somehow defective for lack of Syrian Muslims. By Vermont standards Rutland is already a pretty diverse place at only 96% white which makes it more diverse than most towns in the State. As I said before I don’t live there but it is where all of the services, shopping, hospital/medical offices etc are for the county and so we are all pretty much forced to go there often.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

As usual, if you choose to read the full article, ignore the side links and sales pitches. Kind of like the old Playboy joke, “I read it for the articles.” But in this case, I really do. I’m a subscriber to two Casey newsletters that have not been changed since the Porter Stansberry buy-out, and they do very well for us. Most of the free emails I get, I either trash after reading the headline (they’re so blatant with their stupid sales come-ons!), or shortly after reading the first paragraph and the final one to see if I even want to read the “meat” of the article. So, with that caveat, here’s one that is worth reading. Perhaps the following quote will be quite sufficient, actually. But I’ll provide the link if for no other reason than to keep their copyright people happy. This (below) is exactly what I’ve been fearing and continue to expect:

There are many moving parts in the Deep State. Mr. Trump can try to pit one against another. Most are inconsequential; he won’t really care if the academic elite or the milk producers turn against him. But he needs broad support in Congress.

It is said that he has a “Republican majority” in the House and the Senate ready to do his bidding. This is not true. What he has is a pack of clever, self-seeking politicians sharpening their long knives… and waiting for him to turn his back.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/weekend-edition-trump-is-no-match-for-the-deep-state

‘Nuf sed.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

And MB, I’m VERY happy for y’all up there! Self determination, though opposed by people that “we” end up electing, is still apparently alive and well in sufficient numbers up there that it works.

Having spent a number of years in the Air Force, I got used to living around people that were “different” from the ones I grew up around (almost all white, middle-class, native English-speaking people). I saw others (mostly black people) when I went downtown to the large city (Detroit – which was a safe place to go back then), but that really wasn’t an issue until the 60s when the agitators were just beginning their work of stirring up “protests.” Good, decent people within the white community were already trying to effect change from within – such as Governor (George) Romney’s wife, who quit the prestigious “Women’s City Club” after trying to get them to accept a very decent black woman into membership. She failed, so she quit. Brief headlines in the Detroit News and TV news, but it wasn’t a militant thing where she was calling for boycotts of the Women’s City Club, their leaders’ (or their husbands’) businesses, etc. – just an honest statement that people are just people. Boy, did THAT idea ever get hijacked!

But as I moved around in the Air Force, one place I went had significant racial tension in the community – but not in our neighborhood. Ours was very near the base, and most of the people living there were Air Force, or DoD civilians, or retired versions of either of those. Within two or three doors of our home in any direction were a black family, an Asian family, and several others that were decidedly “non-white.” We all worked together on base, and went home and lived with the same people we worked with. We didn’t think in terms of “diversity.” We were just Americans with strong feelings for God, country, and family. No big deal (or so we thought, since the government do-gooders thought otherwise). Nobody had to force some “diverse” person or family into the middle of us, because it wasn’t an issue.

Your area, though almost all “white,” would likely live quite peacefully with others also in the area, as long as everyone knew that everyone else had the same basic values, desires, goals, etc. It’s when we’re forced to be “diverse” that it becomes a problem. I always appreciated Barry Goldwater’s approach – if a person owns a business and doesn’t want certain people in that business, that’s his right – he owns the place! And if we don’t like the attitude (or happen to be one of the excluded people), we’re also free to go open up our own competing business and set our own rules, to include exclusion if we so choose. It’s called freedom. And as long as violence isn’t involved (on either side), people will generally work it all out for themselves. Forced “attitudes” don’t work. As I heard a child psychologist once say, you can keep slapping a toddler that keeps standing up in his high chair, and eventually he’ll remain seated – but in his mind he’s standing straight up! And at some point, he’ll act on that suppressed frustration – and look out when it comes!

GS

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

You may have heard this before GS. Congress is the elephant. Trump is the tiger. If the tiger stands still the elephant will crush him. But the tiger never stands still. He jumps on the elephants back and rips out huge chunks of flesh until the elephant runs back into the jungle seeking the safety of the trees.

The democrats are a rogue elephant that goes around stomping villages and gets away with it until the alpha elephant and the tiger focus on it. To much damage has been done by the rogue to not deal with it. The tiger has long claws.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

We can only hope the analogy holds firm. And it’s not just the Dems I’m concerned about. Where are the ultra-vocal Republicans that labored so loudly and long to destroy Trump before and even after the nomination? Evan McMullin didn’t emerge all by himself, and only followed a number of other characters the NeverTrump movement tried to rope into the game. Why do we not hear ANYthing from Romney, ANYthing from Cruz, etc.? And Trump has brought Reince Priebus deep inside – hopefully so he can keep a closer eye on him, and maybe even see if he can catch Priebus double-dealing him. As the article says, and I believe it (long before this article ever said it), Trump doesn’t really have a “Republican majority.” There IS one, but it’s not his. They’re snakes. And snakes can pop out from anywhere – vents, from under cabinets (or even from within Cabinets!), from holes in walls, sofa cushions, bushes – you name it. Where did all the Republican snakes disappear to? They ain’t dead!

But as I said, I do hope the analogy holds very firm. If he’s defeated, we’re screwed. I don’t think the nation will get another chance. Nice guys like Ben Carson don’t have the pelotas to really win in that league, and if Trump is defeated in purpose even before he’s defeated in 2020, the nation will be sufficiently “convinced” (read: “brainwashed” of course) into believing that we can never again bring in an “inexperienced” non-politician to do the job. Of course all the insiders have proven they’re what’s wrong with it all, save Ron Paul who was cut off AT the pelotas and not allowed any power.

GS

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

In my mind, all we have (given the dark muddle of self-seeking politics on both sides) is a possible 4 years of respite to get our personal acts together. I’m thinking the Left is already brewing plans to de-rail any possible re-election of Trump, and meanwhile cooking up ways to hinder his effectiveness during this term in office. Along with those RINOs whom we elected last session who promised much and delivered nothing. We’re on our own, folks. Just given a little more time to see it clearly. Don’t be lulled into thinking things are actually solved.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

That’s my best guess, Wild Artist. I don’t think Trump will survive past 4 years (and possibly even literally).

GS

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Here’s another tale and reference to the Deep/Dark State by another purveyor of financial advice (which may be easily ignored.) Still, it emphasizes that such a cabal exists, and that it, at least, ought to be taken into one’s calculations for continued existence.

https://pros.bonnerandpartners.com/1701BBLBOOKHTML/MBBLT111?a=2&o=12812&s=28936&u=4817388&l=634389&r=MC2&vid=nKBrqU&g=171&h=true

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Do any of us survive 4 years after the big fat ugly bubble bursts. Zero time left to get our personal acts together.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Bonner said psychologists call it normalcy bias. It’s also called cognitive dissonance. It works like this:

I vividly remember my instructor pilot during pilot training, teaching me about spatial disorientation, and how what we FELT has nothing to do with reality – but that we will always TRY to believe our senses instead of our instruments, even if it means flying ourselves straight into the ground and dying. It’s more powerful than anyone can imagine if they’ve never experienced it. It was almost pitch black outside (a night ride), was very hazy, and only a few stars could be seen, out over a relatively unpopulated area. He had me close my eyes when he took control of the aircraft, and he did various things to get me disoriented, asking me what we were doing all along (according to what I FELT). He then said he was returning us to straight and level flight – which he did. He told me to open my eyes, and transferred control back to me. I could see through the top of the canopy the few stars through the haze, and the occasional tiny dim light from a home or other light on the ground almost straight down – nothing to the sides at all because of the thick haze. There was no visible horizon, thus we were flying on instruments – which confirmed we were indeed straight and level. I suddenly realized I could not grasp what was happening. We were in a tiny descent at first, according to instruments, so I applied just a tiny corresponding bit of back pressure on the stick to bring the nose up (the attitude indicator showed wings level, and nose almost on the horizon). But our rate of descent kept increasing, and I kept correcting with more nose up (back pressure on the stick). It was mind blowing, because I even FELT straight and level, just as the instruments told me I was initially, yet we were descending more and more rapidly as I began to force the nose up higher and higher. Or so I thought. What I critically did not notice (or feel) was that we were inverted, and I hadn’t noticed that the normal dark portion of the attitude indicator – showing the “ground” – was at the top, and the white portion (indicating sky) was at the bottom of that round indicator ball. We were upside down in a DIVE! It was so weird, I could not wrap my brain around it even once I realized why he was laughing, and that we were inverted. He had to take control for a few moments while my brain actually recovered to reality. Lesson NEVER forgotten.

Under instrument conditions, one’s senses are almost always telling you something different than what the instruments are telling you – and so rarely are the instruments wrong that one has to learn to totally disregard what the brain tells us (except for our eyes looking at the instruments). Similarly, right now it FEELS like we’re not in bad shape. We go to work (or whatever we do in retirement), we pay bills, we receive whatever income we receive, we get on the internet when we want, watch TV, make phone calls when we want, drive where we want, go to the bank or stores and do transactions when we want. It FEELS normal. But the instruments (such as what I posted elsewhere from shadowstats.com the other day) tell us we are NOT straight and level, and we’re getting more and more toward losing control.

That’s the lesson our instructor (Selco) is trying to get through to us. DARN, it doesn’t feel as bad as he’s telling us it will get, or that the indicators are also confirming. Our only hope is to look for and at them – and take immediate corresponding corrective action for ourselves. Accept the cognitive dissonance even if it’s not believable – otherwise we crash and burn with the world.

GS

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

GS. The plane righted itself today when “the President” fired the acting Obama hold over AG Sally Yates. Quick decisive action as well as strong right to the point language. No waffling, no angst just … You’re fired for betraying your country.

178 days to live for the Democratic Party.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.