Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

The Federal Communications Commission on Thursday voted in favor of advancing a proposal that could dramatically reshape the way consumers experience the Internet, opening the possibility of Internet service providers charging Web sites for higher-quality delivery of their content to American consumers.

Washington Post | FoxNews

If this goes through in 4 months, this is the end of the open Internet in the US as you know it (and might create a ripple effect so other countries follow suit).

Who profits from this? Big companies like the ISPs (Comcast, Verizon and AT&T for example) and others like Apple who did not join the alliance against this and are ready to pay for premium delivery. If you do not have money your content is slower and this makes censorship much easier as well.

The open Internet is only fast for big companies and those with money. This will make the whole Internet an unequal playing field with an upper class backed by major corporate money and government funds and a lower class for small and medium websites (like all preparedness and survival related websites).

Sites like ours here won’t be able to afford the fast lane and the extra costs ISPs will charge. If we would want to do this we would be under much higher pressure to make money so this would be bad for everyone (besides the government and ISPs of course that can manipulate how fast a certain website operates).

Brave new world… not.

If you are from the US call your representative and tell him you oppose this. Please call, email, tweet and write them on Facebook. Please share this message.

http://whoismyrepresentative.com/

Call and say something like:

“My name is X from XXX and my zip code is XXXXX (the internal staff has to know this, so you help them by mentioning it). I’d like to let the senator know that I do not support the FCC’s recently passed plan to allow telecoms to alter bandwidth speed on a per-content-provider basis. Further, please let the senator know that I rise in support of reclassification of internet service providers under Title II entities.”

Basically tell the Congress you want ISPs classified as telecommunications and regulated like phone companies.

This might stop them from pulling this crazy plan off.

This is another step by corporations (and supported by people in the FCC / government) to curb your liberties and can alter how you in the US have access to content on the Internet and also change the whole nature of the Internet.

It’s depressing how these “insert favorite swear word” take away our freedom step by step. This ruling might pass in 4 months if there is not massive resistance by all of us.

The head of the FCC is an ex lobbyist for Comcast by the way.

“I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more than any other candidate in this race to take on lobbyists — and won. They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president.”

– Barack Obama, Speech in Des Moines, IA
    November 10, 2007

Some more perspectives on this:

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

There is a process at this time for public comment on the proposed rules. To be given consideration in the process the comments cannot contain aggressive or profane language. “The FCC will now open the proposal to a total 120 days of public comment. Final rules, aimed for the end of the year, could be rewritten after the agency reviews the public comments.”

Make your comments here:

http://www.fcc.gov/comments

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

The problem with this is that it seems the FCC encourages comments on their website instead of people calling their representatives. Makes those voices much easier to ignore, that’s why I left it out from the initial post but yeah, why not do both. Call your representative and also comment on the FCC page.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay,
    They may ignore the comments but it is the prescribed process.

However oversight of the Federal Communications Commission is done by
    ENERGY & COMMERCE COMMITTEE
    UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    CHAIRMAN FRED UPTON

E&C Membership link:

http://energycommerce.house.gov/about/membership

If you click their name you go to the representatives web page with contact info on it.

On the Senate side: http://www.commerce.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=CommunicationsTechnologyandtheInternet

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I did it, but all the phone calls in the world aren’t going to change it, I’m afraid. Big brother needs to control ALL media. The internet is the only one left.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I did it, but all the phone calls in the world aren’t going to change it, I’m afraid. Big brother needs to control ALL media. The internet is the only one left.

The same people who fight this now successfully stopped SOPA a few years back. We can do this again. Don’t let them get away with it. Yeah, they will try again but each time the anger about stuff like this will grow until people stop accepting an elite who does this to them.

Profile photo of barbuto
    barbuto
    Survivalist
    member1

it really does not matter…..when a gov’t is considering JEb Bush, Hilary Clinton, Mit Ronmney for the President in 2016….we are finished…..We have had The Obamanation….how could it get worse?…well if one of the above gets elected wait and see…or else leave the USA as many a re doing….I subscribe to many financial blogs…..they are saying make a second home/business out of the usa…..emigrate to Ecuador or some other country….I am a peon, having been a mid level manager making $50,000 per yr….after getting worse and worse jobs as the economy went down the toilet, I quit working when I was earning $18,000 per yr in retail…can’t live on that…America is a laughingstock in the eyes of Europe and Asia…thats why Russia N Korea, China are thumbing their noses at us…”laughingstock” was the term made by Cramer the CNN economist and pundit….see all the sabre rattling….CHina, Japan, Korea…just a matter of time now…who will push the nuclear button?…you can have your AK 47 and some MREs…but do u really think u will survive?……we can all hope and try and prepare…but i have my cyanide pills….beats getting gang raped when the “zombies” take over my apartment building and I am out of ammo from my Ruger mini 14……good luck every body….Internet…Sminternet…what is the difference…the end is here…read Executive Order 13603…Obama owns everything any way….read ” throw them all out” an investigative report about The Obamanation Pelosi, Reid, other pukes….

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Barbuto, this sounds pretty fatalistic. If everything is pointless why are you still interested in survival?

The state of affairs doesnt look good but giving up without a fight? Its a personal decision when to give up but not an option for me and many others here.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Barbuto, sometimes I feel that way is well. But I find things to spur me on. To give me reason to fight back against evil as hard as I possibly can. That reason is for my potential future children. For my loved ones. For God. I’m not trying to save myself… that wouldn’t be enough motivation for me. I’m trying to save as many as  can. Do it for your friends. Do it for your neighbor. Do it JUST TO DEFIANTLY WAVE YOUR MIDDLE FINGER TO THE FORCES OF SATAN AND CRY OUT “NO, I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!!

GET ANGRY! If that’s what it takes. But please, don’t give up, because there are others like myself who are with you. All hope is not lost, and the fight is not over!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Barbuto, That is what they want you to think that it is all over! NO they want you to believe that all this can stop over 100 million guns and over 20 million man army of the people. This is not going to be easy, it will be hard since we the people will be shooting back at them like never before.

So Barbuto you are not right on this one. You need to remember the reason you are free! Many have dead for the freedoms you have today. It is time for us to give our lives if we have to for the freedoms of our kids and I and all on this forum will do the same. So Barbuto they not us have to get ready for what the people have in store for them!

CacheValleyPrepper
    CacheValleyPrepper
    Survivalist
    member1

Popvox.com gives you a free, fast, automated way to find your representatives, send letters to them, and get your voice heard by polls on the issues that are important to you without even making a call or buying a stamp.  I’ve been using it and it’s a great tool that every Patriot should be using!

Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

Jay,

Rgr, Wilco. I will also spread the word as we all should do as all our actions need as much support as possible to force the criminals in DC to listen.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

They what to give the internet to the U. N for a long time so they can control us all. This is the plan.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.