Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Fingers crossed! I could really use a drop in ammo prices. I’ve actually noticed that they have been creeping lower as of late. I believe that this will probably occur as predicted.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hope so – I really miss shooting more than I do now. 22LR is still hard to find and expensive around here. :(

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Well I can say that the cost from the manufacturers has only gone up a touch, metal prices.

Distributors? Minor increases.

End seller..
    There’s your problem.

Once the public stops buying at panic prices and the ammo can actually sit on the shelf, the prices will drop.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

2 months ago I bought 1k rounds of 45 acp. Cost $400 plus $30 shipping/handling. At the time it was a very good deal. Today I saw different seller at $436 for 1k. Thing is this seller every day price is now closer to the “special sale” price of 2 months ago.
    22lr still scarce and pricey, no problem as I have bunches! Doubt price will drop any but availability will get better.
    7.62 x 39 and 7.62 x 54R has been regular price, or cheaper on large buy, for very long time.
    Traded my SMLE (small mag Lee-Enfield) for 7.62 x 54R and 9 mm ball ammo. It’s price was starting to climb when I traded the rifle.
    It has taken at least 2 years for supply to start catching up with demand. Figure another 2 years for things to settle down.
    Robin

bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

I wish I could be as optimistic as many of you are. I truly hope you are correct in your evaluation of the market. Prices do seem a bit more stable right now and the selves a bit more full compared to where they were a short time ago. Unfortunately, I see a very cautious market. and I suspect everyone is going to be somewhat apprehensive about trusting the government over the next couple of years.

Only today, and in fact over the last couple of weeks, Obama and some of his minions have been making some strong comments calling for additional gun controls. I do not see that letting up, and in fact I see it increasing in frequency as we get closer to the presidential election. Also, depending how the next two elections finish up, or there is another mass shooting, I can easily see another panic happening.

I am glad to see some of the primaries have turned out well, but not as well as I would have liked. I consider the nation to be in a very precarious situation right now. If conservatives do not take control of the Senate and the WH, then we are in serious trouble. Sorry to be so negative at this point, but I’ve seen too much in this life to not notice yellow flags when I see them.

I guess y’all saw the Tumblr interview. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/10/Obama-Tumblr-Interview-Mass-Shootings-Have-Become-Run-of-the-Mill-Stunning-No-Gun-Control-Passed” target=”_blank”>

Profile photo of Desert Duck
    Desert Duck
    Survivalist
    member1

Prices in the Western states have dropped! I travel for work and have picking up small caliber ammo in small towns. Three out of fours stops I made in towns of less than 4,000 people, yielded 22LR, 22 Magnum and 9mm ammo for less than one year ago!

Best way to keep driving prices down is not to pay the premium prices. Also, I have made lower offers for ammo on classifieds and people are motivated to sell when they sense the shift from more demand to more supply and less demand. Many folks are worried they’ll be stuck with ammo they bought to resell at a nice profit!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

2 months ago I bought 1k rounds of 45 acp. Cost $400 plus $30 shipping/handling. At the time it was a very good deal.

It is paradise, here it is around $1000 for that amount of 45acp (and here average monthly salary, if you are lucky to have any job is around $400) not to mention that it is impossible to buy that amount of ammo legally.

But yea, “luckily” there is illegal market here.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Bushrat,
    Unfortunately you are correct about the democrats pushing for more gun laws.

The president subconsciously reveals the truth in his statements. Obama said “Americans will not take “basic steps to keep guns out of the hands of people who can do just unbelievable damage.” Well this is true, the courts prevent detaining insane people until they have committed violent acts. We can’t keep insane people away from deadly instruments.

Additionally the American people do not want to restrict the rights of all law abiding individuals to satisfy the egos of plutocrats.

Profile photo of Broadside
    Broadside
    Survivalist
    member3

74 wrote:Obama said “Americans will not take “basic steps to keep guns out of the hands of people who can do just unbelievable damage.”

74, absolutely! But I don’t think it’s subconscious. I think he’s being very plain, but I don’t think the hands everyone assumes he’s referring to are those that do mass shootings. Vets, patriots, and anyone who he thinks will resist his draconian rule are certainly capable of doing “unbelievable damage” as are any with a will to resist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Broadside,
    umm, you’re probably right, it would fit into his ideals better and still fit his misdirection.

Occam
    Occam
    Survivalist
    member2

I hope the writer is correct.

If not; it looks like the next conflict is being fought with .22lr exclusively. Lol

Occam
    Occam
    Survivalist
    member2

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Selco wrote:</div>

2 months ago I bought 1k rounds of 45 acp. Cost $400 plus $30 shipping/handling. At the time it was a very good deal.

It is paradise, here it is around $1000 for that amount of 45acp (and here average monthly salary, if you are lucky to have any job is around $400) not to mention that it is impossible to buy that amount of ammo legally.

But yea, “luckily” there is illegal market here.

Thank you for that perspective.

I do not want to fathom that. Although, I did manage to make it through the heat of this last huge panic, and still maintain some practice….. But because I was reasonably prepared, and not because of being a drama queen hoarder.

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

Just a heads up. You can’t look at the store shelves to get an idea of how much ammo is out there. At my store we only put out so much but in the warehouse there is 10 times as much as what you see.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

An ammo search engine is another resource when comparing prices etc. http://ammoseek.com/

My wife bought me a case of .45ACP for my birthday and bottle of Cognac with cigars. I love that woman,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.