Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

A male here has got it! Kuddos WhiteKnight…yr lady is lucky…teach me, tell me..all ears never had the chance to do paintball..how do you see it helping, the experience..when shtf?.. and ps..GB

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Twee,
    Respectfully, Your being pretty hard on the males here as not getting it, where are the women participating at any level? Almost none. I’ts a very low percentage that have knowledge, skills or desire to even begin discussing post shtf existence so going down that road is going nowhere productively. Leading by example is always the most productive method of achieving results and I’m surprised you have gone this route. Mr Red posted some interesting planing exercises based on potential scenarios, maybe you could suggest a few more for people to work out the bugs in their plans. I realize how time consuming it is to type explicit instructions or details so maybe just starting the topics you feel you would like to see discussed will generate a change in the forum.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, I agree, for example paintball I believe we have a long post on the uses of paintball in a SHTF. If there is any additional information on the use of paintball a new post can be done. I did a post on what is the best way to filter water this week.

There is a time when the website slows down and there are no post at all so in though times I do look into what is the best news out there to keep the website post going. What is really happening is that new members are not looking at the old posts and maybe some of the members need to re-post on the old post to get them to the front web page Recent Replies so the new members can see them.

I have never had a problem when some post how to cook something which doesn’t have anything to do with SHTF or off topic post which some of us do sometimes, but if the news on the slow days doesn’t get posted there would not be much going on the site for days.

Everyone needs to put there part but do not complain about what part one member in posting because it looks like we are posting when the website has no post and we are keeping the website interesting since what I have been studying is that the news area is the largest response of post by the members on the website.

The one’s that are complaining need to find subjects to post or go back to the old post and re-post so that the members can respond with a new post.

I personally NEVER complain about anyone or anything they post. I will respond to a post with what I believe is the truth when I see lies. But never complain, it is a waste of my time like this post right now is. Members should know better that the website is full of old post with so much information on survival.

I personally will keep doing what I have been doing posting what is interesting to me. Please post what is interesting to you not just come into the website everyday an post a complaint and not to add new information which 74 and I do everyday.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I just wanted to add one more thing. It is easier to be a complainer then a doer. The complainers can come to the website everyday look and say wow only news and complain. The doers do something about it by posting or re-posting.

I find the news very interesting to SHTF and see many members do to. So stop complaining and do something about it. But don’t come to the website everyday to just look at what everyone is posting because we are the one’s posting everyday and keeping the website interesting. If we didn’t do that there would be one post a day. Not very interesting right.

So do something about it and stop complaining.

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>I just wanted to add one more thing. It is easier to be a complainer then a doer. The complainers can come to the website everyday look and say wow only news and complain. The doers do something about it by posting or re-posting.

I find the news very interesting to SHTF and see many members do to. So stop complaining and do something about it. But don’t come to the website everyday to just look at what everyone is posting because we are the one’s posting everyday and keeping the website interesting. If we didn’t do that there would be one post a day. Not very interesting right.

So do something about it and stop complaining.

I agree the news is a big part of being aware of what could be coming.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Why are we having this debate? If you enjoy the news go to the news and general discussion sections. If you don’t then go to the preparedness, lessons learned, and gear talk sections.

I enjoy and appreciate all the above mentioned sections. Are we so removed from true liberty that we can’t let people enjoy what they want as long as they are harming no one.

True survival in a SHTF scenario is going to entail many different people with different drivers. If you want homogenous thinking, then perhaps this site will leave you dissatisfied.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Xocjm, Agree that some like the news that have something to do with the country or world events that can start a SHTF times.

Roadracer, you hit the subject on the head, we are all free to read what we want or not. We are all members and if a member likes other subjects then post on that subject or re=post on an old post.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I been printing posts, information from the forum and posting – as in the real thing .. putting a stamp on a letter to family and friends that is staying in the middle of nowhere. They’ve got no telephone line, mobile reception and no internet. Their reply to me THANK YOU ! Just like me, they use the information. I’ve convinced them to start writing their own story and methods of survival. And maybe I will be able to share that on this forum soon.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard,
    Great way to share and help others.

Roadracer,
    Your question is best left unanswered.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>tweva wrote:</div>A male here has got it! Kuddos WhiteKnight…yr lady is lucky…teach me, tell me..all ears never had the chance to do paintball..how do you see it helping, the experience..when shtf?.. and ps..GB

Though I’m not entirely sure if this is sarcasm haha paintball itself does not help for survival. The fact that I dehyrdated so quickly with a little bit of heat and gear weighing me down was the eye opener that I wanted to share. I would have expected to feel thirsty before I got into dehydration territory… but I was focused on playing and didn’t realize I was running low on fluids until some of the nastier symptoms jumped me.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thank you for this discussion, and your words.

There are whole bunch of information everywhere around us, here too. I am just like everyone else trying to dig trough it and take what I can use, what I find interesting or similar.
    About my experience, yes, I have gone trough some serious things, but for example my experience in shooting on someone does not help me in some other area like how to grow potato or can food.

What I want to say, there is always something new to learn, point is to keep mind open and take what we think is useful.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Okay, I’ll admit that I don’t log in every day – just not enough time in the day. But today when I did log in here’s what was posted in the “Recent Topics” –

On the Border – Real life experience by Matt76
    Fire Pit Cooking (Practice in the Suburbs) – How to do by Sledjockey
    Clear Link Found between Vitamin D and Alzheimers – Link by Freedom
    How to Make a Water Filter for 1/3 Price of Berkey – Links and How to by Freedom
    Don’t Drink the Water – Link by Freedom

What’s the issue here? I realize that at times there may be a bit more “news” than others, but like others have stated, just gloss over them if not interested. For some of us, these “news” stories, whether complete truth or not are the daily “jolt” that keeps us focused on that task at hand. Maybe it is a “guy thing”. I don’t know, but when I read some of them I go “Crap, I’ve gotta get this done soon!”

Tweva, yeah have to agree with Freedom – you are dead wrong. You would be more than missed! Matter of fact, many of us are more than interested in what you have done with your 12 acres. For me, it’s because I want to replicate almost that exact thing that you have already accomplished. At the end of my old “Permaculture for Long Term Survival” you posted that if any of us were interested you’d edu-ma-cate us on your “style” of gardening but that you’d “bore” us! IIRC, myself, Jay and Gypsy wanted you to expound on it. Unless I missed it (completely possible) we never got anything else. I didn’t want to press it as I know you are busy and just chalked it up to that. Maybe in secret you are writing a book on it as I suggested and I just have to wait my time!!! In any case, like many on the site here we religiously read all of your postings because they contain so much info we can use. I’d go out on a limb (not very far mind you) and say that you are probably part of the top 10% of this site who the other 90% NEED to hear from! So please continue to try and wade through the dregs of daily news bytes and weigh in as you see fit on topics you like, or better yet post any topic you wish so we may learn from you. Just like I did with the Peak Prosperity course.

XOCJM – haven’t forgotten this is your post. I thought your marbles were spilling out the first day or so when you posted your pic as your avatar. I read your “had a few beers” response. Been there and I see that you have a new avatar – good for you. No need to just hand it to them….

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.