Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/24/de-blasio-confirms-he-will-march-in-parade-honoring-puerto-rican-terrorist/

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio pledged Tuesday to march in the city’s Puerto Rican Day parade June 11 that will honor a terrorist leader.
    “I believe this parade is a very, very important part of the life of our city,” de Blasio told reporters at a press conference in the Bronx.
    According to the New York Post, City Council Speaker Melissa Mark Viverito came up with the idea to honor Oscar Lopez Rivera, a leader of the Puerto Rican terrorist organization known as the Armed Forces of National Liberation (FALN).
    “This is a historic moment because we are seeing convergence and a momentum on the campaign for Oscar that really gives me a lot of hope and inspiration,” Viverito said at a press conference last Thursday.
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has not decided if he will partake in the parade as he has done in the past.
    When asked by reporters last week if he would, Cuomo said, “This is something that I’m reviewing right now. I just heard about it, so I’m going to look at the situation.”
    The New York Yankees, Coca-Cola, AT&T, the union representing officers of the New York Fire Department, and the FDNY Hispanic Society announced Tuesday they are withdrawing their support.
    Goya Foods and Jet Blue had already pulled their support. Goya, the largest Latino food company in the U.S., had been sponsoring the event for 63 years prior. New York Police Commissioner James O’Neill declared he would not march.
    “I cannot support a man who was a co-founder of an organization that engaged in over 120 bombings, six people killed, and seriously injured four police officers,” O’Neill said.
    Lopez Rivera was sentenced to 35 years in prison for his involvement in the FALN, a group that is responsible for more than 100 bombings in New York, Chicago, Washington and Puerto Rico during the 1970s and 1980s.
    Four people were killed in 1975 when an explosion occurred at the historic Fraunces Tavern in New York City, an attack the FALN was responsible for. The organization was also responsible for seriously injuring three NYPD officers in a series of bomb attacks on New Year’s Eve in 1982.
    Although Lopez Rivera was never convicted of any of the bombings, a former FALN member testified against him saying he taught members how to make bombs. He was convicted again while serving his sentence after he was caught planning an escape from the prison using explosives and a helicopter.
    President Obama commuted his sentence immediately before leaving the White House back in January.

“Oscar Lopez Rivera’s actions led to the death and serious injury of innocent civilians and Police Officers,” said Uniformed Fire Officers Association president Jake Lemonda in a statement to the press. “He is a convicted felon, plain and simple, and one who has not apologized or repented for his cowardly attacks.”

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I believe that the majority of the US population is either somewhat to the right or to the left of center, yet it is the extreme left side that seems to have taken control of our cities, schools, major media, and govt bureaucracies. The extreme right would do the same if they figured out how to grab control but they haven’t so it is really only the extreme left that those of us in the middle have to worry.

The big question is how far will it go before the pendulum starts swinging back towards the center?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Until conservative minds return to the halls of academia and justice, there is unlikely to be a change.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

“President Obama commuted his sentence immediately before leaving the White House back in January.”
    The fact that he did it, coupled with the fact that it has received almost zero national coverage, coupled with the fact that he (Obama) got away with it, tells us all that we need to understand.

I used to think that we’d about reached “the last straw,” and that the next one would be “the one” that triggered the uprising. It feels to people like us that this SHOULD have been the last straw, but so have other straws seemed like they should have been the last one even before now. The fact that none of them were, and the further fact that it seems unlikely that the uprising will be large enough or widespread enough to make any difference if it even happens, also tells us the condition of our nation, and the world. I’d be clinically depressed and in despair if I didn’t have something more to lean on. I’m just so very thankful I don’t have to live in NY, CA, Chicago, DC, or any number of other so-called blue states and cities.

Interestingly, my wife and I were watching TV together earlier this evening and saw a commercial with Mark Wahlberg. My wife suggested we look to see if “Shooter” was one of our available “freebies” in our paid subscription plan (unfortunately it was not, and it was getting a bit late to start it anyway after a long day – maybe tomorrow evening as a rental). A very satisfying piece of fantasy, and richly symbolic given that it starts with a person who just wants to be left alone to live his own life, in peace. But he had two things going for him: skills and no one else dependent on him (except his dog, and they took “care” of that for him), and at that point, he had nothing left to lose. Oh that we had more than a few Bob Lee Swaggers…. (and Mr. Rates).

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Bingo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.