Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Breaking: Standing Rock Chairman admits on TV interview that the pipeline has every right to go through the region.

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/Demonstrators-celebrate-Army-Corps-decision-to-deny-DAPL-easement-404768705.html

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I have not spent any time following this specific issue and thus have no opinion on the merits of their grievances. Being pretty much every pipeline or energy or water project meets fierce resistance no matter where or what it is, I wonder if we are going to reach the point where we regret not allowing our infrastructure and energy capacity to grow in sync with the population and economy.

Here everyone supports renewable energy and clean energy but every single solar, wind, or water project is fiercely fought as is every pipeline and every power line bringing hydro-generated power down from Quebec. It is always deemed to be the wrong location or the wrong design or the wrong size or the wrong type. Yet there would be outrage if the lights didn’t come on when they flick the switch.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Yes. I agree. Isn’t it great that Chairman Archambault is a man of reason who recognizes that even though he disagrees with policy, and exercises his right to protest it, he also doesn’t blindly claim it’s dark at noon on a cloudless day, as so many disruptive people do in society. Disagree with an election? Call it rigged, or stolen, or manipulated by the Russians. Disagree with the evidence in a police-involved shooting, with absolutely no evidence of wrong-doing by officers? Claim it was a cover-up. But David Archambault acknowledges that so far, until this ruling, the “legal” steps were in place for the pipeline to be able to go through. I agree – quite refreshing in these times.

Meantime, we’ll just keep on ignoring the rigging that HAS gone on, such as the filing for a DC Federal Court injunction on the Friday before Labor Day, followed within hours by the sudden movement of the construction equipment a full three miles forward from where they’d last dug up the land, in order to start digging up the land on which evidence had reportedly been found as the basis for the court injunction. Thank you to the people in the court system that tipped off the construction company so they could start plowing up the 8100 acres in question on Saturday of Labor Day weekend, thereby eliminating any evidence. And thank you to whoever chose not to charge anyone with obstruction of justice or evidence tampering, or whatever, thereby keeping it still fully “legal” for the pipeline to continue on.

Regardless of how anyone feels about the pipeline issue itself, our need for energy independence, or whatever, these kinds of “irregularities” abound in this case, but don’t make the mainstream media, thus leaving the project intact, “legally.” And David Archambault has acknowledged a reality rather than disregarding it. And he continues with his right to protest. Good man.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Not living there, I haven’t followed the DAPL wrangles in full detail, but here’s a letter about it, by someone local: https://survivalblog.com/letter-re-dakota-access-pipeline/

If true, it would confirm my suspicions that it’s mostly a mashup of the usual college-educated liberal hatred of anything that employs conventional technology to make life easier, Mr. Buffet’s appetite for an easy profit, and the Tribe’s resentment of mistreatment long ignored.

All too often, those “enviro-friendly” solutions (sic), like windmills and solar panels, turn out to be dyseconomical, subsidized, low-producing disappointments, designed to keep ordinary people in their proper povertly.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Fossil fuels are evil according to the democrats. They saw Al Gores hockey stick graph and decided republicans are orcs wearing white sheets. But it’s all a huge contradiction. How can you double the population of the US with immigration and then expect them to freeze in the cold.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

They don’t expect them to freeze. They expect us to freeze, while they hide in safe spaces.

Cry, "Treason!"

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

I notice all greenies and protestors including Al Gore a few years ago, use petroleum in their private jets, SUVs or battered pickups…

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by wildartist wildartist.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.