Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

I’m thinking I may have sounded condescending, I didn’t mean to if I did, sorry. I think we are on the same page though. I haven’t recently, but I went just now to the CDC page and searched droplet precaution and its ridiculous. What I found was a hard to read 225 page novelette and it wasn’t very clear. Basically what I got from it was wear a face shield(which doesn’t cover your hair) and wash your hands.
    I am glad you have so much experience-easier to talk to you then- you know then how easy it is to take a gown off and have the contaminated side touch your scrubs, pretty easy. Which is why regular hospitals don’t need to be caring for these people. Send them to Atlanta or equip us better.
    Yeah being in a patient room and getting a call from lab saying yes they are positive for, insert scary disease here, is never fun.
    My main point is its BS saying its a break in protocol when they, CDC, have no experience with ebola in America and US medical staff know zip about it so how can they have a protocol. It certainly isn’t tested here. So I agree, they don’t know anything at this point. Nothing helpful, this is their test run I’m guessing.
    And I call BS on the CDC for just now considering all staff that cared for the patient possible risks. They keep saying “over abundance of caution” and I’m not seeing it…anywhere.
    I hope it doesn’t go airborne, droplet is bad enough, everything in the room is a fomite. If I remember correctly form microbiology, it takes a long time for something to change ways of infecting people.
    When did it go airborne? I want to read about that.
    Lastly, I don’t trust the CDC or anyone else. They already proved they are less than worthy when they announced they found smallpox vials from the 1950’s in a storage room or broom closet.

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

Exactly, that’s what droplet precautions mean. Its kinda of airborne its kind of not. Think about when someone sneezes, the spray that comes out, those particles travel a certain distance, they say 3 feet, and then fall to the ground. The spray carries infection, not the air. So the air in the room isn’t carrying virus particles. If it was truly airborne, like TB, the infection rate would be way higher. I’m sure they are lying to us also, how much, I don’t know.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

There was an outbreak last year. Here is a quickie article to get you enough to do more research. There was also an outbreak here among chimps in Virginia if I remember right. That wasn’t too long ago.

Quickie link

When I was in the Navy (Navy Corpsman), I had to get a clearance to connect with the CDC and WHO secured sections of their site to read up on different things. The CDC at that time required FULL isolation suits and respirators for diseases transmitted by droplets. You can figure out the rest from there…. I don’t want to be harrassed somehow for “violating” anything that should be public.

The scary part is that no hospitals really have isolation type HVAC systems or ventilation systems. What goes on in one room is only a hepa filter away from another room. Wonder how often those filters are changed? Ewwwww…..

There are many more cogs in this machine that we are allowed to know about.

deblmm is correct. The CDC spewing political hogwash to “keep hysteria down” only puts our healthcare staff in even more danger. It’s pathetic at best.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

Cool thanks sledjockey! I will totally read up on that, interesting and maybe help protect myself….I did hear a snip it of Marburg but not much something else to add to my reading list.
    And your right, for our negative pressure rooms to work correctly on our floor, every floor has to have the doors closed on their negative pressure rooms, which means they are all connected. They should all be individually filtered.

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

That’s a great little article!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I just read this article which has some good facts. I have read that the CDC is using large amounts of vitamin c (100,000 to 500,000mg) as part of the treatment of Ebola. This article also talks about that too.

Ebola in the US! – 100% Prevention & Treatment

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/prepping-101-ebola-prevention-treatment/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Airborne transmission is occurring as an aerosol. Droplets as small as on micron can travel for long distances. This is an article that may help people understand what is occurring.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/world-health-organization-contradicts-us-centers-for-disease-control-admits-ebola-can-spread-via-coughing-sneezing-and-contaminated-surfaces/5407164

“The World Health Organization has issued a bulletin which confirms what Natural News has been asserting for weeks: that Ebola can spread via indirect contact with contaminated surfaces and aerosolized droplets produced from coughing or sneezing.

“…wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus — over a short distance — to another nearby person,” says a W.H.O. bulletin released this week. [1] “This could happen when virus-laden heavy droplets are directly propelled, by coughing or sneezing…”

That same bulletin also says, “The Ebola virus can also be transmitted indirectly, by contact with previously contaminated surfaces and objects.”

In other words, the WHO just confirmed what the CDC says is impossible — that Ebola can be acquired by touching a contaminated surface.

CDC remains in total denial, spreading dangerous disinformation about Ebola transmission vectors

This information published by the WHO directly contradicts the ridiculous claims of the CDC which continues to insist Ebola cannot spread through “indirect” means.

According to the CDC, Ebola can only spread via “direct contact,” but the CDC is basing this assumption on the behavior of the Ebola outbreak from 1976 — nearly four decades ago.

The CDC, in fact, continues to push five deadly assumptions about Ebola, endangering the lives of Americans in the process by failing to communicate accurate safety information to health professionals and the public.

Because of the CDC’s lackadaisical attitude about Ebola transmission, the Dallas Ebola outbreak may have been made far worse by people walking in and out of the Ebola-contaminated Duncan apartment while wearing no protective gear whatsoever.

Because the CDC sets the standards for dealing with infectious disease in the United States, when the CDC claims Ebola can only spread via “direct contact,” that causes emergency responders, Red Cross volunteers and even family members to conclude, “Then we don’t even need to wear latex gloves as long as we’re not touching the patient!”

Not “airborne” but can spread through the air

Both the CDC and the WHO continue to aggressively insist that Ebola is not an “airborne” disease. “Ebola virus disease is not an airborne infection,” says the WHO bulletin. But that same bulletin describes the ability of Ebola to spread through the air via aerosolized droplets.

The medical definition of “airborne,” it turns out, is a specific, narrow definition that defies the common understanding of the term. To most people, “airborne” means it can spread through the air, and Ebola most certainly can spread through the air when it is attached to aerosolized particles of spit, saliva, mucus, blood or other body fluids.

The CDC has now admitted there is a slight possibility of Ebola mutating to become “airborne” but says that chance is very small. [2] However, all honest virologists agree that the longer Ebola remains in circulation in West Africa, replicating among human hosts, the more chances it has to mutate into an airborne strain.

But the virus doesn’t need to mutate to continue to spread. It has already proven quite capable of spreading via indirect contact in a way that all the governments of the world have been utterly unable to stop. Despite the best efforts of the CDC and WHO, Ebola continues to replicate out of control across West African nations. Even in the United States, the Dallas “patient zero” incident has reportedly caused 100 people to be monitored for possible Ebola infections.

This is why government claims that “we have this under control” are just as much hogwash as the claim that Ebola can only spread via “direct contact.”

But that seems to be the default response of government to all legitimate threats: first, deny reality and misinform the public. Keep people in the dark and maybe the whole thing can be swept under the rug… at least until the mid-term elections.”

Sources for this article include:
    [1] http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/ebola/06…

[2] http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/220046-…

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, great find, this is what we have been posting that the Ebola virus now is a semi-airborne virus. I think the CDC knows this for a fact but do not want this to be in the news media. Now we need to understand that it is not a total airborne virus like the FLU virus. But it looks like it has mutated to this new semi-airborne virus. The problem will be if the Ebola virus keeps mutating and becomes liter in weight like the FLU virus then we are in trouble. The more people that get Ebola the more chances Ebola has to mutate into an airborne virus.

I have posted here that it is very important for all of us to keep the immune system strong. In all the countries Ebola is in Africa the CDC has found that the people have very low immune system so the Ebola develops fast without a fight. The CDC Doctors are giving to the Ebola patients 100,000 to 500,000mg of vitamin C with the other meds to pull up the immune system to help the patient have a chance to live. The meds will not help a patient with a low immune system.

This has been studied for over 20 years that the immune system is the center of the fight on all diseases.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Airborne Diseases

Airborne diseases are caused by pathogenic microbes small enough to be discharged from an infected person via coughing, sneezing, laughing and close personal contact or aerosolization of the microbe. The discharged microbes remain suspended in the air on dust particles, respiratory and water droplets. Illness is caused when the microbe is inhaled or contacts mucus membranes or when secretions remaining on a surface are touched.

Transmission of airborne diseases can be greatly reduced by practicing social and respiratory etiquette. Staying home when ill, keeping close contact with an ill person to a minimum, allowing a few feet distance from others while ill, and wearing a mask, covering coughs and sneezes with elbow or tissue can greatly reduce transmission. Good hand washing can decrease spread of germ-containing droplets that could be picked up on hands from surfaces or hand contact with secretions. Environmental controls and engineering alternatives help reduce transmission of water droplet aerosolized pathogens.

http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

If the honchos at the CDC (some of whom are medical doctors themselves) think that the nurse had adequate protective garb, then I’d like to see them treat an ebola patient themselves using the same garb and protocols. We all know that’ll never happen. Watch what they do, not what they say.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, they will never get a mile from were there is an infected Ebola patient. The CDC is full of it.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Another article on Ebola on Off Grid Survival website, looks like the internet is on fire with Ebola articles.

First case of Ebola transmission in U.S. Confirmed: Texas Nurse Has Ebola

http://offgridsurvival.com/ebolatransmissiontexasnurse/

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

An article on Fox News that I interpret to mean they already know that there are additional health care worker’s with ebola in Dallas It is the statement “We need to consider the possibility that there could be additional cases, particularly among the health care workers who cared for” Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, he said, adding: “We’re concerned that there could be other infections in the coming days.” that I picked up on.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/13/cdc-training-questioned-after-director-blames-nurse-ebola-infection-on-protocol/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The fact that Obama and company will not shut down air flights from Ebola-land to protect the citizens of the USA is a demonstration of evil intent. I can not interpret this act in any other way. I read on another forum, a plea to Putin to bomb all the airports in West Africa to save the world. I thought that was a pretty good suggestion since no one else is doing anything to stop the exportation of the disease.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74, the reasoning given to date that we need flights to continue in order to have medical workers and supplies get where they are needed is beyond lame, yet the general public and media seems to accept it. Our military can shuttle medical workers and supplies there as needed, and we can quarantine those workers upon their return. This open borders crap is going to get a lot of people killed. We can also conduct limited import of critical goods from West Africa if we want without letting tourists and others from there into the US. It really is looking as if TPTB in DC want ebola to spread so as to distract the public while they do something else that they don’t want us to see.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.