Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

1. Could you survive an attack like the one in this video on your location?

2. Could members of your group perform this exercise?

“The Unit” | Team Shooting Drill: http://youtu.be/u9cgRXVccbM

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I suppose you realize thats a perfect trap for the attacking force and an exceptionally bad location to place any size force without outliers.

Could I survive this. No: stupidity has consequences

If I had a group. I would expect some discussion.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

The likelihood of surviving an attack like that on a residence is pretty slim unless you had fortified walls. Even then it would not help much if you didn’t know what to do after the shooting started. Throw in screaming kids and a hit family member and you have a worst nightmare. Training for such an attack with your group and having obstacles in your yard that would funnel you attackers into shooting lanes would help. Of course that is assuming those pulling security in your group are relatively capable. As Brulen stated having outliers and other perimeter defences would go a long way in giving you the upper hand.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

My first thought was of the Rhodesian farmers fending off just these sorts.

http://www.rhodesia.nl/farmeratwar.html

Critique:
    Urine poor use of cover. My 10yo could lay waste to them with her .22.
    What was that, 1000 rounds fired? Slow aimed fire is much more effective. And keeps heads down just as well.

My “group” such as it is, would be laughing for a while.
    With three Afghan vets and two Iraq vets and a solo Vietnam vet, there would be a bunch of arguing as to who would get to have fun with them.
    And ooh, look, a $500 Eotec on a $500 AK.

I forwarded the link to one of the guys (SF medic), his comment? The chick with the G3 is the only one that might survive, if she bugged out quick. The rest? Cannon fodder.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“With three Afghan vets and two Iraq vets and a solo Vietnam vet, there would be a bunch of arguing as to who would get to have fun with them. ” whirly

Thats all nice for them, how about the people on the forum that didn’t spend time in active combat. I think Matt’s response is more realistic, unless you are prepared you will have a difficult time surviving.

Whirly, Your 10 year old? Not unless she had great cover and concealment. 6 on 1 is not great odds.

Tactically whether you agree with their methods or not is not really the point. At my location I would be more concerned about 5-6 guys jumping out of a car in front of the house and making a sprint for the front door. However 5-6 people attacking could still be a consideration, and maybe they will use cover and concealment.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

74, the original post asked about us/our groups.

I put forth my opinion about my chances and what a group member opined. Because of our training, because of their combat experience,there will be disparity between my answer and others, however, that doesn’t make the answer wrong either.

My location has certain tactical advantages, despite it being in town, or perhaps because of that.

She has an evil side, she has always been one of the last ones standing when the kids play paintball, she’s a back-shooter, and pops out of places one doesn’t expect.
    She shoots at ping pong and golf balls, and can keep them moving out near 50y.

And we have great cover and concealment as well as firing positions.

And we were discussing this video/situation, not some guys running up from the street for the front door. Each situation is different.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It doesn’t make it the wrong answer, just not well stated. You make a much better and more instructive answer the second time. I’ll raise your grade a letter.

BTW thanks for the link to Thunder Ranch, I hope everyone watches it.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Think I’ll add a ghillie suit to my preps. Stealth and concealment is more my thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.