Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Another lose for the Obama administration. Obama and the Unions lost today with the Supreme Court.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/30/supreme-court-hobby-lobby/ Great win for the People!

Supreme Court rules against unions in home health care worker case

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/30/supreme-court-rules-against-unions-in-home-healthcare-worker-case/

The Unions lose was a smaller one but it does make a point.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

While I am glad to see these two rulings, it troubles me that the rulings are seemingly always 5-4 or 4-5. This tells me that the personal politics of the Supremes almost always dictates their rulings, as opposed to their setting aside their personal politics and issuing rulings based on the black letter language of the Constitution. With O having another 2 1/2 years in office and it almost being a done deal that the Dems will win again in 2016, soon enough the Supreme Court will have a very solid Democrat majority possibly for decades to come.

And before anyone jumps on me for declaring the Dems the winners in 2016, my reasoning is that demographics are on their side and becoming more so with each passing day. Also, the Dems will rally around their candidate while the Repubs are showing no signs of a unified voice.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, I agree that the Supreme Court is not always going by the constitution. The Leb part of the court is reading the constitution to read what they want it to say and not what is written.

On the Dems winning in2016 there is always a maybe but if the Republicans can win the Senate and control the House the 2016 Dem winner will not have much power to pass laws. Also Executive Orders will be limited since all the Supreme Court wins.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Republicans fracture will be the undoing of them. Hillary as President scares me. I am so sick of the Clintons.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think the Republicans will win big in Nov. Republicans will take the Senate back. Now I am still not sure about 2016 that is still a ways to go.Many things can happen by then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.