Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Just read an article on the Drudge Report about the super rich buying large tracts of land with runways to get out of dodge when civil unrest flares up. Some going as far away as New Zealand.

Find it quite interesting that they are preparing for the future, even though our President says the economy is on the way back, and he’s going to tax the rich and give it to the middle class. (sarcasm)

Specifically mentioned US an Europe as flare points.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes the U.S.and Europe will be first in line but Russia and Japan may go first too.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I suppose they believe New Zealand’s no nukes policy will save them.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

This is a topic I wish I knew more about in that it would be very informative as to what the elites think the future holds. There was a time that I’d of been real big on New Zealand and Australia as locations, but not so much anymore. Not with China’s vision of empire. Too few people, too little in the way of military capabilities to do anything more than try to negotiate a deal that allows some degree of self rule as one of China’s protectorates.

I have read of the super rich buying large tracts of land in South America. My guess is that most of the bolt holes are within the US though. The tough part is differentiating between vacation homes in a good location (by prepper definitions) and properties bought specifically to serve as a refuge.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

The Waltons of Wal-Mart have built their own Cheyenne Mountain. In Arkansas I think.
    Robin

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I remember an article awhile back about Bill Gates having 6 private jets available at his private airstripe to take him, his family and friends/associates out of the country on short notice.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Hope F15’s and Migs shoot them all down in transit .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Tolik wrote:</div>Hope F15′s and Migs shoot them all down in transit .

And what would that gain?
    You’d do the same under the same circumstances.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Those with yhe cash have always had getaways, some just better stocked for emergencies rather than entertaining.

As to other countries, what does $500k get you here versus Belize?
    Or Argentina?
    Nebraska vs California?

Make your choices and go for it.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I don’t think anyone in the past was really concerned about the types of collapse we face today. Years ago the super rich maintained many homes but not in super secure locations. A lot of them may have had walled estates for security but others may not. The eastern seaboard is covered with their “cottages” from Maine to Florida. Well in the past when huge fortunes were made the best mode of travel was by rail. Hardly a secure means of escape.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>Those with yhe cash have always had getaways, some just better stocked for emergencies rather than entertaining.

As to other countries, what does $500k get you here versus Belize?<br>
    Or Argentina?<br>
    Nebraska vs California?

Make your choices and go for it.

1 million will get you a nice little one bedroom condo in Nyc with a view of the Hudson. I don’t think the rich have any idea what to stock up on in those places. Everything comes in as its needed, just in time. While they don’t stock up themselves they employ someone to do it and that other person makes the choices. The nuts and bolts of the practical world are beyond their competence. Most of them know or can figure out how a system works but to alter it and adapt it to their needs ha ha ha,
    completely out of their depth. They go to Renta-Bunker when the shtf.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Robin wrote:</div>The Waltons of Wal-Mart have built their own Cheyenne Mountain. In Arkansas I think.<br>
    Robin

This is interesting. Do you have more info on what they have done?

Why this topic intrigues me is because the elite have access to people and info that most of the rest of us don’t. When it is inherited wealth such as the modern day Waltons (vs Sam himself who had the smarts to build the business) they are not necessarily smarter or more insightful than the rest of us. But they are better connected, and if they choose to be, better informed.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Brulen wrote:</div>I remember an article awhile back about Bill Gates having 6 private jets available at his private airstripe to take him, his family and friends/associates out of the country on short notice.

Do you know anything more about this? Where is it they plan to go?

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I have heard several times that many of them have elaborate setups in Alaska.

Also… Kansas….http://www.survivalcondo.com/?page_id=49

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’ve seen those underground facilities from time to time in the media and admit that I don’t fully grasp the concept. When their time underground is up, do they think there will be a welcoming committee waiting for them above ground saying we’ve got all the food and supplies here waiting for you, is there anything else you need? During their stay underground, do they think the folks outside can’t block the air intakes?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.