Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Now that it has warmed up my kitchen is being invaded by house flys. Every time I open the back door they get it the house. I feel like Beelzebub. Swatting flys in non productive, fly paper is a non starter as are poison sprays.

Chlorine cleaner in a spray bottle is working really well. I hardly ever miss and all I have to do is pick the fly up with a tissue. One blast of mist and they go down and can’t fly away. I don’t have any worries about posions or contamination from the flys. I can reach the ceiling with the spray, spray them while they lite on delicate objects, or anywhere needed.

I’m using a commercial cleaning product today but it would be simplicity to mix a batch in water with bleach and detergent.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Try using the vacuum cleaner hose to suck them up. You can rid yourself of a lot of flies very quickly that way. A friend of mine did it when his house got full of flies from the door constantly being opened during a party he had. At my last house I had an old fashioned walk up 3rd floor attic. Hundreds of flies would collect around the windows, probably coming in via the ridge vent. I’d bring my shop vac up and in a couple minutes would have them all sucked up.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

As we told one gent, bathing helps.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

lol hill billy way throw flour into air and light the dust the bang will kill the flies, and break the windows

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Rubber band gun. It’s usually the single obnoxious fly buzzing around that’s hard to terminate. Don’t live downwind of a dump. Garbage flys are nasty.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, Thanks but I don’t have the volume of flys needed for a vacuum cleaner. One or two at a time buzzing around, but everytime I kill them their replacements show up. LOL I have it under control now.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

there is another way, you can fill a cup /12 to 3/4 full of apple cider vinegar put plastic wrap over it poke a few holes big enough for flies to get it but not out … some species will go in not all and you have to vary the hole size for the proper size of fly

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

*Chuckles, then steps forward and speaks*

Guys, let the kid show you how its done…

http://bugasalt.com/pages/how-gun-works

You’re welcome.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whiteknight awesome find thanks. My wife will want to use it on me.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Most of you will probably recall the old fly paper sticky rolls. You can still find them. Though ugly as all get out when they start collecting flies, they are effective.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.