Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Reading the nonsense that they put out, I wonder if this is another UN wet dream that will bog itself down with a bureaucracy that is so heavy that they really don’t accomplish anything.

When you have to read something several times to figure out what they are saying, you know a committee wrote it.

I agree it’s strange that they introduce it, and they already have mayors from around the world lined up to support it. If DeBlasio is an indication of the quality of leadership than are going to have some problems implementing it.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Most anything the UN does is a jobs program for the politically connected. It is guaranteed to cost more and yield few if any results. That DeBlasio endorses it means it is a leftists wet dream of how to better marginalize those on the right.

As an aside you really have to wonder about a guy that changes his name as often as he does. He was born Warren Wilhelm Jr. After college he changed his name to Warren de Blasio-Wilhelm. Years later he changed it again to Bill de Blasio, though he seems to go by De Blasio these days. de Blasio was his mother’s maiden name.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I personally do not like this doc. When we have to read it more then three times and still find it hard to understand that means they are hiding something.

I do think in the end we will face the blue helmets.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THe blue helmets will die . The American citizen will look at this as an invasion , as will many currently serving in the military as well as discharged vets . No matter how the government attempts to explain it , it will be easily debunked . We are a fractured nation , but unity comes easily when we are invaded , and patriotism springs up where there was none before . It will be Little Big Horn for those in blue helmets . You will see mutinies in the US armed forces .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

It will be Little Big Horn for those in blue helmets . You will see mutinies in the US armed forces .

I wish it was so. But you have large numbers in the US military now that voted for and still support Obama as their commander in chief. And don’t forget the survey back in 1994 with a group of Marines for a graduate paper done by an active duty lieutenant commander. Yes, a sizable number of those surveyed said they would definitely refuse orders to fire on American citizens, the most plausible report on that survey that I could find just now still said that was only 61%. And only from rusty memory, I believe I remember something in the 20+% range that said they most certainly would fire on citizens if ordered to, in that survey. Remember, those were active duty Marines, not a bunch of disgruntled draftees.

Then there’s the Bonus Army “incident” from 1932 in which armed troops, with tanks, using gas, drove out the veterans as they sought to simply gain the bonuses they’d been promised for their WWI service. General MacArthur was proud of his troops, as was the President. The troops had been specially trained for the mission, and were convinced that the protesters were merely communist agitators, or at least led by same, and were effectively traitors to their country. Compare that to the propaganda that’s been spewed about those scary far right-wing crazies that vote for 3rd party candidates, strongly support the 2nd Amendment that few people today even understand, oppose a woman’s right to choose, yada, yada. And the neutering of the upper levels of the military command structure has been quite evident and ongoing for years.

Then look at those who would supposedly fire back at the blue helmets or the camouflage helmets of our own troops. Where’s the training, and much more importantly, the organization? Oh, a guerrilla operation could certainly be mounted. But when it comes down to it, do you really believe large numbers of US citizens are willing to give up their lives for their guns, and in large enough concentrations to successfully repel an aggressive military force (regardless of what color helmets they wear)?

Conditions that would likely allow for such a scenario (i.e. entry of, and active attacks by blue-helmeted troops) would most certainly include widespread chaos anyway, including significant unemployment, social upheaval, etc. It’s highly unlikely that we would be breaking down as a society in a vacuum, allowing other countries (China, Russia, whoever) to free up large numbers of their own troops. The only reason the $US is up right now is because the countries that make up the dollar index are in even worse shape than us. While Russia and China aren’t in that index list, they aren’t going to be holding out in substantially better shape than Europe, Britain, Sweden, Canada, and Japan (those that make up the $US index). So it would reasonably likely be small numbers of blue-helmeted troops, just for political purposes, in conditions here that would be chaotic in general.

And don’t forget gun confiscation in New Orleans after Katrina. A whole lot of people were “convinced” to give up their guns despite strong 2nd Amendment support. Voicing support ≠ actively fighting for it, let alone dying for it, if history is any teacher. While the number of vets that were killed in 1932 was low (2?), there were at least some civilian deaths also (a small child is documented due to gas), where is the national outrage at that incident? The vast majority of Americans don’t even know it happened.

Little Big Horn happened because the Indians were finally ready for Custer after such atrocities as the Sand Creek massacre. They were together, they were organized, and they were motivated. We lack the first two items in that list for a similar victory today. Oh – and the Indians had not bought into the argument that one must do what the government tells them to do. They did for too long, but realized what modern inhabitants of this land still do not – don’t trust the government.

My heart is with your sentiment, but my brain just doesn’t compute a decent probability of it happening. Oh – and don’t forget that Wounded Knee happened AFTER Little Big Horn. Below is the the expanse of the Sioux tribes prior to 1770 (dark green), vs. the current reservations (orange).

========================================================================

That doesn’t mean we can’t still hope, however. A few here in the Forum are privileged to have DNA going back to the following (or as Archie and Edith Bunker used to sing, “Those were the days!”):

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THen I guess I will be a casualty , too much Confederate blood to just roll over , if I can take two or three with me , I’ll have done my part . Another thing to consider , only a fraction of the population actually took part in the Revolution , for many the same reasons . THey went up on the most powerful power of the time …….and won . Also to point out that France helped keep it going and without their help , would not have been as successful , our government has many enemies , all of which they created , I dont expect Russia and China to just sit back passively when a good opportunity presents itself .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If the internet stays up Americans could be organized in hours with one objective in mind. In every organization, every group, only a small percentage do most of the work that needs doing. The way things are today that would be a huge number showing up to work. I think when the curtain goes up and the lights go out in the theater, everyone will know how the show ends.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

UN troops are not organized to be fighting offensive wars. They’re mostly organized to be after the fact “peace keepers”. Regardless, the American people would not tolerate UN troops trying to assert control in the US. Tolik is right in saying we’d very quickly find unity against them if they come representing the UN. If they came at the request of the Federal Govt., sides would be chosen and Civil War II would be on.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

If they came at the request of the Federal Govt., sides would be chosen and Civil War II would be on.

I’m not optimistic that it will be that easy, or that the uprising would be sufficiently widespread and organized. And the “if” that 74 raised about the internet still being up, I think has already been decided by the current regime. They control the “switch.” We’d be as dark as China or particularly North Korea, if we had to rely on the internet.

Oh, I think pockets of resistance would certainly arise, and in some parts of the country be more successful than others. But for anyone that watched the short-lived TV series “Jericho,” I think that series is quite instructive in a number of ways. Being cut off from other areas will not allow people to coordinate on a large scale, let along nation-wide (hence my recommendations elsewhere for a small, portable, but powerful multi-band receiver). And worse perhaps, we wouldn’t even know what’s going on elsewhere. I just don’t believe that the government would allow the types of “normal” communication necessary to organize in any electronic fashion. Horseback and string telephones? (only half kidding)

But at least hopefully there would be sufficient numbers that would choose Tolik’s approach:

[I]f I can take two or three with me, I’ll have done my part .

And as suggested in the 2nd graphic in my previous post, I do like the color light blue.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

As we know , many people use burial tubes to store weapons and ammo for ” just in case ” . THis works pretty well . The Germans started doing this when they understood it was soon to be over for them , the hope was to have resistance fighters continue after the fall . THis never came to fruition , but point is , those tubes are still being found in random areas , and even after all this time , the contents are in fantastic usable condition ( except for food items ) . Just a thought . ” Potato masher anyone ? “

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS,
    I just figure the TPTB will unintentionally signal everyone that’s has learned to interrupt the “News” Then it will be about walking the walk.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I just figure the TPTB will unintentionally signal everyone that’s has learned to inter[pret] the “News”

Yes, those that have ears to hear, eyes to see, and brains trained through years of experience to understand …. And one would hope that 21st century plans by those folks will come to fruition, unlike those of the Germans mentioned by Tolik, whose plans did not. Certainly this cause is more just. I believe we have an incomplete historical record, however, with respect to Patrick Henry. I believe he made his famous statement that all school kids used to have to memorize, but I believe history left off the other half of his quote, which Tolik accurately added back into the mix (the part about taking two or three with him so he’d have done his part).

This is not to diminish anything Selco has taught about staying in the shadows, avoiding confrontation where possible, and preserving one’s life and the lives of those one cares about. To some point, I agree. Those that chose, for example, to remain in their homes during and after Katrina, and just mind their own business, I have no quarrel with . Things change when authorities, charged with protection of the people, become the oppressors, and in the name of the law, seek to obliterate fundamental rights and liberties. That’s when Patrick Henry kicks in, including the 2nd half of his famous quote – the part Tolik had to re-supply to the historical record. This is certainly no sissies’ game, yet sadly so few even recognize that such a conversation even needs to take place.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

For those that have never seen it, or for those that just need to review it, here is the video about gun confiscation in New Orleans after Katrina. Let it serve as the lesson that each of us needs, but not one we need to personally experience before we learn it. Vicarious lessons can be very powerful, as long as we’re not just watching a video, but recognizing stark reality that just happened to also be videotaped as it was happening. May this be what psychologists call “one trial learning.”

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

GS, am I correct that though many gun owners eventually got their guns back that nobody was actually held accountable for these illegal seizures and that compensation was never paid for those violations?

My guess is that many gun owners learned a lesson to hide them in the future and not be forthcoming to authorities in such a situation.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The chances of getting enough people together to actually field a working force is almost laughable.
    Outside of the military and LE, there are few who have had even minimal training or the comprehension of small unit tactics, let alone large.

Little Big Horn? Hardly.
    Think Afghanistan.
    Single snipers taking shots from nowhere.
    Armed people everywhere. You don’t know who’s the bad guy or not.
    Whos going to be packing an icepick rather than a gun.

GS: Was going to dig that pic up, you beat me to it.
    Remember, aim for the 9.
    Ya, its more points for dead center and its better art, but aiming for the 9 gets you an ear/jaw hit rather than the helmet.

For post-modern resistance, the ‘cell of one’ is the only logical answer.
    No one to informmon you, you cannot give up someone else in case of capture.
    This way no communications can be interrupted or discovered, no expectation or information passed along accidentally, etc.

For years, cells of three have existed, with only one member of each cell knowing only one from the next cell, and so on. That way if you get caught, you can at most only give away 4 people.

As far as burying items, its not a bad idea tonput a spare away, just in case.
    Not the whole collection though.

There’s a long history of buried supplies, the Finns are still uncovering bunkers filled with captured gear, the VC and NVA were masters, the Germans to some extent but not to the level of the Finns or other oppressed groups.
    The South Africans are still dealing with guns buried during the Border War which ended over 20 years ago.

More to follow.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.