Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Ok, this has the hairs on the back of my neck dancing a jig.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/launch-strong-cities-network-strengthen-community-resilience-against-violent-extremism

http://strongcitiesnetwork.org/

Global policing?
    Reading berween the lines, its not pretty.

And not word one from anyone about it either.
    I need more ammo.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    I saw this early this week and went to the DOJ site. I din’t see any information about Blue Helmets in the streets unlike the posts about it. Now they might be hiding certain facts about the intentions of the program and I don’t doubt that, but so far it looks like a information sharing network. “including facilitating information sharing, mutual learning and creation of new and innovative local practices”.

The DOJ site has a lot more info on it.
    DOJ http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/launch-strong-cities-network-strengthen-community-resilience-against-violent-extremism

It does give you that feeling like your being watched.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m not normally one to see spectres and other black hats with every program or bs edict.

For some reason, this one set the red flags a waving.
    Maybe just enough jargon and key words, I’m not sure.

Anytime the UN gets involved, it doesn’t end well.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“the UN gets involved”

They have NO BUSINESS in our country at all. I share your concerns.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree with 74 that on the surface it appears to be an info/best practices sharing which to me is nonsensical given the cultural differences country to country, so I am left wondering what in the world it is all about. My guess is it is going to be another “white Christian males are the source of all problems, they need to send more money so as to make amends” kind of thing.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Like 74, I don’t see anything overtly menacing about this. Who could possibly argue against doing all we can to stop terrorism around the world, and build a repository of “best practices” that any city can access just to see how other cities are becoming more successful at staying safe? (Subtle Sarcasm/OFF — Note the word “overtly” at the top – key word – read on.)

I guess I get a bit up tight when I see Mayor de Blasio as one of the keynote people introducing this thing, however.

And then when I find out that the “introduction” of this initiative is long, long after the fact of its creation, I begin to wonder why and how all that already-in-place organization got going, and by whom. The behind-the-scenes coordination is evident by the number of cities already directly involved and committed, the number of international organizations involved, and the fact that this was announced to the public from none other than the UN stage. But what could possibly go wrong?

For background, check out some of the details in Whirlibird’s official link from the DOJ web site :

The SCN will include an International Steering Committee of approximately 25 cities and other sub-national entities from different regions that will provide the SCN with its strategic direction. The SCN will also convene an International Advisory Board, which includes representatives from relevant city-focused networks, to help ensure SCN builds upon their work. It will be run by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD), a leading international “think-and-do” tank with a long-standing track record of working to prevent violent extremism:

“The SCN provides a unique new opportunity to apply our collective lessons in preventing violent extremism in support of local communities and authorities around the world”, said CEO Sasha Havlicek of ISD. “We look forward to developing this international platform for joint innovation to impact this pressing challenge.”

Note: “it will be run by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD).” What’s the ISD? Look it up on a search engine and you’ll find all sorts of information. The following, however, is from the very beginning of one of its major initiatives. That fundamental focus is “far-right extremism.”

Far-right extremism takes a number of forms. There are four main types of agents: youth gangs, white power and skinhead groups; terrorist cells and lone actors; political movements and paramilitary groups; and nativist, dentitarian and anti-Islam movements. They engage in a wide range of activities: spontaneous hate crime, vandalism and hooliganism; street demonstrations; shock tactics; hate speech and incitement; and planned hate crime and terrorism.

Some here might remember the MIAC Strategic Report: The Modern Militia Movement, which defined potential domestic terrorists as the “far right.”

Who is the CEO of ISD? Sasha Havlicek (link)

Sasha previously served as Senior Director at the US think-tank, the EastWest Institute (EWI), where she headed the organisation’s conflict resolution and transition work, setting up field operations across the Balkans, Eastern Europe and Russia. She also served on a Task Force of the Stability Pact for Southeastern Europe in the aftermath of the Balkan wars.

Sasha currently co-chairs the EU’s Internet Radicalisation working group, serves on the board of the Women Without Borders SAVE Initiative and is a member of the European Council on Foreign Relations.

Strategic Advisor for the ISD is the well-connected Farah Pandith. According to the “Personnel” link on the ISD site, she “has been a political appointee in the George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush and Barack H. Obama administrations. She left government at the end of January 2014 for Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government where she maintains an affiliation.” Even more fun though, is the following:

Farah is driving efforts to counter extremism through new organizations, programs, and initiatives. She was appointed the first-ever special representative to Muslim Communities in June 2009 by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. The Office of the Special Representative was responsible for executing a vision for engagement with Muslims around the world based on a people-to-people and organizational level. She reported directly to the secretary of state.

Nothing wrong on the surface with any of that, of course. Links to Hillary Clinton? What else could go wrong? I only thought others might want to know just a couple of the folks behind the organization (ISD) that will be “running” the SCN. No treaties, no congressional action needed. Just a pen and a cell phone, linking US cities through the SCN, “run” by the ISD.

As Alan Stang used to say at the end of his broadcasts, “Think about it!”

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint. Reason: Wrong word - "as" not "of"
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“preventing violent extremism” Somehow I think this will end up applied to everyone that believes the US Constitution is the law of the land. The UN doesn’t recognize our constitution.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Starting to sound more and more like the Soviet Union every day . Interesting how Russia ended up rejecting it , and we are starting to embrace it . Fight commUNism and Fascism where you find it . Far right extremism ? I notice that definition is in absolute violation of the 1st amendment . They are simply trying to stomp on ANYBODY not following the party line comrade . This includes anybody forming a peaceful demonstration , who’s point of view or message they dont like , tavarich .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

74, you just posted as I was in the middle of a quick edit that I forgot to put in the original. You’re thinking exactly along the lines of my added info. Just remember the old MIAC document that defined potential domestic far-right terrorists in this country. I have to laugh, looking back, that it was signed by Governor Nixon – the same one that oversaw all that “far-right” terrorism in his own state, in peaceful little ol’ Ferguson, MO.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well what can I say? GMTA

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Any group that doesn’t see radical Islam as the #1 threat to world peace and stability is likely more a part of the problem than they are a part of the solution. This new UN Strong Cities program is not going to be a friend to the US or any other non-islamic country.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats not the problem I have , the problem I have is the violation of the 1st amendment , there have always been fringe groups in this country and everywhere else , trying to silence them by trampling on 1st amendment rights is what is really going to cause a much more serious problems for the american people down the road , both short term and long . Let them speak , like we always have , fringe groups say their peace , and still get no support from the people , because in letting them speak , they expose themselves for who they are . Its the American way , its the right way . We are training our people to be snitches for the state , instead of handling things on their own , this has been going on for a long time , welcome to Communism , we are being trained well comrade .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

GS, thanks for doing the legwork on that.
    Was at work when I posted originally and didn’t have time to look into all the little things that were making my ‘little grey cells’ burn and smoke.

Still not happy with what I’m reading, but happy that I wasn’t wrong.
    My intuition appears to be war surplus but when the alarms start going off, I do pay attention.

The more I read, the worse it gets.

Tolik, if I’m reading this right, the first is nothing.
    One stroke of a pen, one cellphone call, and they all vanish at least anywhere those cities hold power.
    And as an example, the Denver water board has power on all the water flowing east to the border and beyond, depending upon the compact.
    What happens when all the wells are shut down (capped) to control the extremists?

Hopefully the late hour is just making me more paranoid and see the boogeyman.
    Hopefully.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The US doesn’t recognize its constitution anymore. Power before principle. As long as the CC still works were good to go. Or so they say. I’m inclined to think very little of this makes any sense. What are the odds of South Carolina getting a 1000 year hose job, and Kali being in a 1000 year drought. Trump vs. Hillary. It’s amazing. The military ought to start bombing mosques if they’re going to bomb hospitals. Muslims bomb commercial targets so why not bomb things important to them. The world is changing.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Perhaps this should go in another thread, though I don’t know where to put it. But speaking of the hospital “bombing,” I’ve had some very disturbing thoughts concerning that “incident.” First we were hearing about a bomb exploding in the hospital by those inside. And we heard that the Afghans reported Taliban had taken over the hospital, or were at least using it for refuge and/or the human shields available inside.

I spoke with a good friend still connected with Special Forces, just to make absolutely sure I wasn’t reading something into this that wasn’t there (this was while we still were being told that “Coalition” forces – US, or US-controlled – had “bombed” the Doctors Without Borders [DWB] hospital). He confirmed my belief that it would have been almost certain that a bomb hitting that hospital was being guided by a laser spot put on that hospital by someone on the ground. Often, that’s US SF personnel, but can also be locals working for and with the US military. So that raised some very uncomfortable questions – who actually did the targeting on that building, and why? It still didn’t seem plausible that we’d hit a hospital with a bomb (or several) IF we suspected patients and staff were inside, even if Taliban were holding them hostage and/or firing at US troops outside the hospital.

Then we started hearing a different narrative. DWB and others that escaped from the hospital said that NO Taliban were inside, they weren’t using them as human shields, nor were they even just outside the building firing at US personnel. The people inside the hospital heard firing not too far away from the hospital, but not on the grounds or within the walls of the building itself.

And now it’s an AC-130 gunship, not a fighter aircraft. While the firepower on an AC-130 is incredible, and CAN include a few small missiles, it would not result in “an” explosion or two. There would be no mistaking that high powered rounds of some sort were hitting that building, causing great destruction – not one or two large detonating bombs as first seemed to be reported, but an ongoing series of highly accurate hits.

[UPDATE: Now an Afghan military commander is saying, “It is possible our forces might have called for an air strike to hit the enemy position, but that doesn’t mean to go and bomb the hospital.” And our own General Campbell is saying the mistake was within the US military chain of command. What happened to the Taliban holding hostages inside the hospital and firing at US personnel outside?]

Poor reporting up front? Perhaps. Misunderstanding or mistranslation possibly? Perhaps. Intentional misleading by someone double-dealing our forces, leading them into an incident to cause embarrassment to the US at minimum? Perhaps. Internal double-dealing within our own military/government, with lies, then cover-up, and now chaos as they try to explain what really happened? Perhaps. A mess we’d be better off not being in at all? Absolutely. We never learned the lesson it took the Soviets a decade to learn there (while we armed their opposition, and which opposition later turned back on us 14 years and one month ago).

My SF friend also shared with me that since our grand pull out {choke!} from Afghanistan, the majority of American deaths have been Special Forces. Given his situation, I have no reason to doubt that. A life is a life, yet at the same time for particular reasons, I’ve got some extra appreciation for those folks.

So in order to tie this back to the thread a little, hey – let’s just go out and build all these world-wide, extra-governmental alliances between cities, all coordinated by a UN agency dedicated to targeting right wing terrorism and the unfair treatment and singling out of Muslims everywhere.

Imagine there’s no heaven
    It’s easy if you try —
    Imagine there’s no countries
    It isn’t hard to do —
    Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can —
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world —
    I hope someday you’ll join us
    And the world will live as one

[Acknowledging, but with no thanks to Mr. Lennon]

GS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.