Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    flatlander
    flatlander
    Survivalist
    member2

This should be required reading for anyone who is interested in situational awareness and trusting your gut instinct. Send the link to your friends and family.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1285487_.html

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks Flatlander!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I think Saudi Arabia has the right idea ………………..chop off their hand . And for more serious crimes …..your head !
    All done publicly . Public hangings in the old west worked . But the French , by far had the best way to kill somebody publicly ….the Guillotine .

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Book: Street E & E Evading, Escaping and other ways to safe your ass when things get ugly – MacYoung
    This is the attitude a person will face “out there.”

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/450781.Street_E_and_E

Still need to read it myself – on my To Do list

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thanks for the link

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Be aware, much more of my good friends Marc MacYoungs writings can be found at his homepage here:

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/

enjoy, it’s an incredible resource!

Profile photo of Danie Theron
    Danie Theron
    Survivalist
    member3

Flatlander, this is a great article. One of my favorites. I posted it over in another section a while back. I think it would be good for people to continue reposting it over and over periodically. It should be required reading.

That said, it is one of the very few worth-while things I have ever seen on AR15.com “general discussion” forum. It is like a rodeo of retards there and the laughing stock of the serious tactical community. Never before has there been so large a gathering of people that are so profoundly dumb and who sincerely believe they are wise experts on life. I know there are some intelligent and well meaning people that participate in that forum, but they are increasingly drowned out by the fools on that forum. They have become a minority voice in the wilderness there. People are sure to learn more moronic ideas than good ideas there – by a mile. I don’t think they are even aware that most people who lurk there just come to laugh at them. It is sad.

I will add that the “survival discussions” in the “outdoors” section is much better and does get good contributions and has much better participants. There is some solid information to be found.

Danie Theron
    Survivalist
    member3

Leopard and Toby C,
    Thanks for the info on Marc MacYoung’s writings. I haven’t looked at all of his writings, but I did spend some time on his site reading some articles. From what I have seen so far, it is clear that he knows exactly what he is talking about and members of this site would be well served to spend A LOT OF TIME READING HIS STUFF. It is so much more realistic and accurate than most of what people teach and write on personal defense and violent encounters. REALLY – IT IS.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
    Most people have not been in violent encounters. I am not talking about what you saw on some “worldstar” video that your friend sent you on Facebook. I am not talking about some muted road rage incident where someone rode your bumper for a few miles and you shot them the finger. Because of this fact, most people don’t have a real frame of reference for violence – they fill in the blanks with stuff they read on the internet, hear from friends, and see on TV. This results in some misconceptions that can be deadly. So, PLEASE LISTEN – all street advice is NOT EQUAL or valid. This MacYoung guy and the author “burnedoutleo” that was linked to in the original post ARE TELLING YOU – FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT how it really is. You would be well served to give much heavier consideration to their advice than some of the other stuff you have read and heard.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

…tells you how to survive when you’re outflanked and outgunned. Rather than clashing head-on with every problem that comes along, you need to learn to apply hit-and-run tactics, utilize the environment and use your enemies’ weaknesses against them.

I like this, I was trying to explain this in few of my posts. Lot of preppers think about survival like some kind of western duel. In reality it is game of who is smarter, sometimes you must lose battle to win war, or sometimes you must run, or play dirty.

Danie Theron
    Survivalist
    member3

Selco, very true. That is exactly right and why I grieve over the fact that so many of our “western thinkers” are getting their frame of reference from the movies and TV. That is where that “honorable duel” idea comes from.

Even the tiniest bit of exposure to bad people and violence and people quickly adapt their thinking – either that or they don’t survive. That is why when I see people talking about these “Hollywood” type of scenarios with “noble warrior” reactions they are going to have – it is a clue that they have been surfing the internet and watching TV too much.

Danie Theron
    Survivalist
    member3

I guest instead of “western thinking” – I would term it as “sheltered thinking”. I am sure there are other places in the world where people have a frame of reference that has developed without much exposure to the ugliness of the world. It is probably the most widespread here in the west though.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The #1 nation in the entire world for incarceration ?
    the United States ………………sometimes being first is not an honor .

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I avoid people to a great extent – and large groups of people especially. In the early ’70’s going to a rock concert and seeing what happens/mob/group dynamics was frightening. Thanks for the links will read.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.