Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here we go again with the libs trying to take our 2nd Amendment rights. These libs will never stop. They do not believe in the Constitution.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/06/states-look-to-gun-seizure-law-after-mass-killings/

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

If they do give this a try, I figure I may as well give my condolences now to the families of the people who they send out to collect firearms, because we all know how it’ll turn out.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s impossible to keep guns out of the hands of the people. Not because of how many there are, or how “easy” it is to get them now, but of how simple many of the designs are. Go into any hardware of auto parts store and you can make loads. If making one is out of the question you can “acquire” another through other means. Just look at resistance movements through history. I’ve heard many stories about WW2 French resistance fighters who used just a kitchen knife to take down a lone German soldier, then take their rifle and other gear.

The fact that people can even entertain the idea of gun seizures, let alone actually try to implement them, is absurd and destined to fail.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

They will see what mass killings are , a lot of dead Communists that try to disarm the American people .

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

nvm.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

The old “mental health” scam…

I laid out, elsewhere, my arguments against the whole “mental health” argument.

Those in power framed the argument first – they got the jump on us. If you oppose what they’re doing, they automatically howl “You want crazy people to have guns!”… which isn’t true, but they’re following Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals to the letter… don’t attack the message, attack the messenger.

Problem is, if you let the Government strip one person of their Constitutional rights based on “mental health”, they won’t stop.

Who gets to say what constitutes a mental health problem? If it’s the Government, then they can declare literally anything to be indicative of ‘mental health’ problems.

Don’t like centralized Government power? “Oh, you’re mentally ill. No guns for you.”
    Don’t like certain groups and/or refuse to associate with them? “Oh, you’re a racist, and racism is indicative of mental illness. No guns for you, either.”
    Don’t like having your daily bread taken from you at gunpoint under color of law by thugs working for the State (your “taxes”)? “Oh, you’re mentally ill, too. Sorry, no guns.”

And all this begs another whole passel of questions… Do you get your guns back if you take the right medications and are deemed “competent”? Do you get your guns back if you go through enough therapy? Do you get your guns back if you attend some Government re-education classes? Do you have to undergo a psychiatric evaluation prior to owning a firearm? Do I get a little card that says I’m sane? Do I have to renew my little card or is it good forever?

(Edit: You watch. The one group those in power fear most – patriot veterans – are the one group most trained in the use of firearms and the art of war. Vets pose the greatest threat to their monopoly on power. So, they have to strip us of our IIA rights. But how? PTSD. Get PTSD declared a “mental illness” and strip an entire class of people of their IIA rights… you watch. They WILL try it.)

The whole mental health issue is being framed by those who wish to strip us of our IIA rights. Period. If we let them define the narrative – let them tell us who and what qualifies – then nobody will.

Same argument can be applied to the “training” argument. You hear the Anti’s say: “Oh, I got no problem with people carrying/owning guns. I just want them to be competent with them. Like drivers licenses.”

Sounds reasonable, but since when is driving a car a right codified into the Bill of Rights?

Who gets to say what level of training is “competent”? The Government’s man? Why does his opinion carry any more weight than mine? And who gets to pay for this required “training”? The state? That’s just using taxes – leveraged from other people. Me? What if I don’t want to pay for my “classes”, then what? Gun ownership hinges on a paperwork violation? A constitutionally guaranteed right dependent on if you ask permission from the Government? Then that’s not a right. If you have to ask permission – a “permit” or an official stamp or a certificate or whatever, call it whatever euphamism you want to make yourself feel better – it’s begging permission. Which means you recognize the power and authority of the State to say “yes” as well as “no”. And if they say “no”, you have no recourse in court at all. Just by applying, you are recognizing their authority.

See, this is why instant background checks are still around. You’d think that by begging “permission” from the BATF would be in violation of the Constitution. As long as private sales are still around, the Government maintains the fiction that we’re not begging permission…. not really... and the courts go along with it…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Excellent post Malgus. No surprise to others here but sometimes govt. actions yield unintended consequences. I have never had nor needed any kind of mental health counseling but if for some reason I felt like I did someday I wouldn’t do it. They will be mining those records looking for the pretense to disarm people and when the general public realizes that, some who need mental health services won’t seek those services as a result.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Something to consider, there are only 700, 000 active duty cops out there. (Not counting the feds)

Very few of them are stupid enough to actually consider going door to door. Most will walk off the job if that request ever came down.

Fact is, most leos are pro private ownership of firearms.

It makes the job easier if the bad guy is ventilated and finished before their arrival.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

@Malgus:
    Fine opinion there!
    We don’t want to go down the mental health road. They have also experimented with mind control for a long time, and will stop at nothing to get a person declared “incompetent”. Stay OUT of the “System”.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.