Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

And for all you West of the Mississippi folks, for the past 400 years none of my ancestors came from anywhere south of or west of New Jersey. Northern NJ is the southwestern corner of my long term ancestry and even that is too far south and too far west for me. Wrong side of the Hudson River for starters. I do like to visit elsewhere though, but I am always glad to come home.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>Whirli, it is because the VT Constitution is so clearly written on this issue that we don’t have any licensing. As great as that is, it creates the situation where there isn’t anything for another State to recognize. Just showing my driver’s license wouldn’t tell anyone in another State that I wasn’t a prohibited person under Federal law so as 74 said at the beginning of this discussion, I’m SOL when I leave VT.

Propose an amendment?
    Clearly written doesn’t always cover what hindsight shows to be a mistake.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    The Amendment they need is at the federal level. The right to carry in every state no matter where you live.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Whirly,<br>
    The Amendment they need is at the federal level. The right to carry in every state no matter where you live.

I don’t disagree, but the Tenth amendment makes that difficult.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Umm well yes and then there are many states working on nullification of federal gun laws. Plus we have a president nullifying all laws.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The problem comes from the states like ZooYork and Commiefornia that won’t agree to anything passed that would upset their laws.

You can’t get 50 state attorney generals to agree what shape the table should be, let alone what laws to agree on.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats why we need a revolution , force the change to absolute and literal adherence of the constitution . ” shall not be infringed “…………in ANY way , if your rich enough , you should be allowed to buy a tank if you want to .

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I like to call it NaziYork. Haha and yeah, trust me, the commie pieces of s*** here would never, ever give up their ‘SAFE’ act population control willingly. You’d have to bring down the hammer – hard.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Tolik wrote:</div>Thats why we need a revolution , force the change to absolute and literal adherence of the constitution . ” shall not be infringed “…………in ANY way , if your rich enough , you should be allowed to buy a tank if you want to .

If you’re rich enough, you can buy a tank. They are out there.

Good grief, we don’t need a revolution.
    Take a quick look at places that rebelled in the last 40 years.
    What happened to them?

Name one where things improved.

What makes you think “your” side would win?
    What makes you think “your” side is right?

Every time I hear the rebellion bit I go back and reread Heinlein’s “Beyond This Horizon”. And I am reminded of the “Survivors Club” therein.

There are limits to even constitutional rights, the First for example.
    Yes you have the right to free speech, but that doesn’t give you the right to yell fire in a crowded theater, or the right to threaten someone’s life, or to say things viciously and maliciously that ruin someone’s life or business.

The Second, there has to be some limits.
    Grenade launchers are fun, but one hardly needs one.
    There is no practical use for one, unlike a suppressor.
    You can’t hunt with one, home defense with one?
    So much for the wall. And people think its stupid to use a full power rifle in an urban area, the grenade launcher is asinine.
    Fun and available if you have enough cash, and regulated as certain things should be.

Regulated? Of course. Certain items such as explosives, grenade launchers, machine guns should be regulated and tracked.
    Should they be available? Yes but again regulated and tracked.

Why? Says the freedom loving patriot?

Simple, cause there are rectal sphincters out there who would misuse them given the chance.

Look at the Jewish schools and buildings shot up in the last decade. What might the body count be if the scumbag had access to an RPG rather than a shotgun or AK?
    Or the theater shooting? A proper machine gun rather than an AR with crappy mags?

And don’t say concealed carry would stop it all, it hasn’t in Israel. You can be shredded in the blast or shot with the first burst like anyone else. What it changes is the targets, they choose gun free zones instead of places they would get shot.

I want a full auto, I can get one.
    And bluntly, like anything it should be properly stored.
    That’s part of the regulations. As well it should be.
    Years ago, the neighbor kids broke in and stole a few guns, robbed a few places and got themselves caught.
    Now what would have happened if I just happened to have an Uzi laying around?

What if the murderer of the two NYPD officers had stolen a full auto gun rather than a handgun? The general public was already at risk of him missing and shooting them, but a gun he couldn’t control? How many innocents might have been hit? It was a housing development they were in. How many kids were there?

Sorry but there has to be limits.
    Some laws should go away certainly, but some only need tweaking.

Registration of conventional arms? Of course not.
    Of unconventional arms? Of course, if just to track them in case of theft and preventing the same.
    Certain items should be heavily watched.

You wouldn’t want some home grown islamist to walk into the school with easily obtained semtex or an RPG.

Beware of what you ask for, you might get what you deserve.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think we need a new thread if we go down this tube.

Profile photo of pokeranger
    pokeranger
    Survivalist
    member2

Here in india you cant carry a knife more than 8 inch

and the govt hardly gives gun licence to any one

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>WhiteKnight wrote:</div>I like to call it NaziYork. Haha and yeah, trust me, the commie pieces of s*** here would never, ever give up their ‘SAFE’ act population control willingly. You’d have to bring down the hammer – hard.

Right on the Rotten Apple. Squish.

Profile photo of pokeranger
    pokeranger
    Survivalist
    member2

oy the communist and the nazis are whole different people

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    Here is my feeling about what you said. If I can trust people in government to be in possession of tanks, bombs, nukes, rpg or whatever then they can trust me to have the the same things. There is nothing special about people in government that gives them superior decision making skills and they never should have extra rights that the population does not have. Leaving aside the monetary issues of owning an A10 I think I should have one anyway.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

If you can afford one, by all means get one.
    But I still say the cannon needs to be signed out to you.
    The plane will be registered and titled to you as it is.

No not a thing special about them.

But there is an acountability within the .mil and .gov for those same items.
    Signing out the guns, ammo, other toys. Or they are assigned to a certain person (s).

If you watch Border Wars, you get to see them signing their long guns in and out at the end of their shifts. Ammo for them too.
    The military? Signs for everything.

As an LEO, I was issued and signed for everything they gave me.
    Some went back at the end of shift, some when I left.
    But everything was accounted for.

I don’t disagree that everything available to the .gov should be available to the general public, with a few exceptions.
    Nuclear weapons, rocket propelled grenades and the like for example.
    Too much chance for misuse or accidents.

You will note that the Ft Hood shooter used handguns, the big stuff thankfully wasn’t available. What might have happened if he had gotten his hands on explosives or worse?

What happens when gang bangers start doing drive bys with RPGs?
    Its bad enough now without adding to the casualty list.

Again, yes I think most things should be available, but accountable.
    You have a nationally recognized drivers license, ccw should be also.
    But there are standards that everyone who has a drivers license must pass no matter where they live.
    Without similar standarss, nationwide CCW is unlikely to ever happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.