Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Nice….

Thank you for this post. Great information.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Interesting. I find it odd these links seem to promote rainwater catchment yet in an earlier thread today someone was being fined for using rainwater,

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Great info, it looks like there are many states that want you to harvest rainwater. There are some that in another post have laws against harvesting rainwater.

I know that Florida doesn’t have any laws that I know of.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It seems that Colorado has restrictions on rain water collection. How can water that lands on your property and stays there due to absorption or capture could be concidered someone else’s is beyond me. I guess they don’t have erosion control in Colorado.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Actually Colorado has issues because of several water compacts, including the Republican River and Platte River compacts. There have been incidents just short of war over water out in that area.

You can also thank the Denver Water Board, they have control of much of the water issues in the state, including many of the wells.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

There has been talk of putting water meters on peoples private wells here in Texas. I don’t think they are going to like the reception they get if they try to do it. I know I would not want to be the guy going in putting them in.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Water meters on private wells and in TX no less. When it rains too much and there are floods, will govt. pick up the tab for private property damaged by the State owned water? That’s just a rhetorical question. I know the answer….

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, do they pay you when you lose money in the stock market? NO! They tax you when you make money. The same goes with rain or any laws the put up.

This is a start to bigger plans, they test the waters to see what we will take.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

The fight over water period is going to get uglier and uglier. I agree with you 74 -regulating catching rain water is nuts.I think I’d still find a way to do it anyway. Thanks for the info 74. An area I like to keep up with if I can.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Keep it on the down low, maybe a tank in the basement and secret lines from the downspouts :(

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.