Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    flatlander
    flatlander
    Survivalist
    member2

I was looking for a high quality knife to carry while at work. I’ve always carried cheap knives that I wouldn’t care if I lost, and I felt that it was time to step it up to something of better quality. After spending hours reading reviews on knives and what is best for every day carry I decided on the Spyderco Manix 2. I had very high expectations of this knife after doing my research and after receiving it I have to say that I am very impressed.

This knife definitely lives up to its hype as it is very high quality. The G10 grip has an excellent feel, it’s scalpel sharp right out of the box, and the ball bearing lock is smooth and has a solid lock up. My only gripe about this knife is that you can only carry it tip-up.

I have been carrying this knife over a year now and it is as good as the first day I got it. It requires very little maintenance and I touch up the blade every month or so. The only changes I made to the knife was to add a couple of strips of Talon Grip tape to the sides to make it easier to pull it out of my pocket when my hands are slippery.

Overall the Manix 2 is a substantial upgrade over my other knives in terms of build quality, materials, and overall ergonomics. It was well worth the extra money I spent. I’ll be buying more Spyderco’s in the future.

Spyderco Manix 2

Spyderco Manix 2

Spyderco Manix 2

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

C’mon, Flatty… no review is complete w/o MSRP and what you paid!

Good review, I will investigate further!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks for the information. I’ll check it out. I’ve had good use with my Endura 4 and Dragonfly ZPD-189.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Spyderco are great knifes that last a long time. I do like my Cold Steel knifes too.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Worked as both cook and night time chef for years and years. EDC for us was always half dozen knifes, on the hip and in knife cases. Gotta make sure you can prove your on your way to work when you carry them tho.

A chef friend of mine had a small knife pulled on him while waiting for a train downtown after a closing shift in the kitchen. He calmly told the punk ok, heres my wallet. reached into his knife case and produced 12 inches of RUN MOTHER ******. Problem solved.

And yes, we chefs almost always have our 500 dollar set of knifes on us while taking public transit.

not everyone can EDC that tho lol.

I did bring a 12 inch chef knife into the bush with me this summer. Very handy, doesn’t replace a heavy duty hunting knife, but there cheap. You get an old one from a thrift store and they will throw sparks for fire starting.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

KOS wrote:
    And yes, we chefs almost always have our 500 dollar set of knifes on us while taking public transit.

not everyone can EDC that tho lol.

Now, all the thugs will be wondering just who is a chef and who is not… ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

flatlander
    flatlander
    Survivalist
    member2

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>undeRGRönd wrote:</div>C’mon, Flatty… no review is complete w/o MSRP and what you paid!

Good review, I will investigate further!

I picked it up for under $80 a year ago. Current price is about $110.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Eventually you will break the point off. I’ve done it twice. I switched to a tanto blade. They have some good knives that last but this type isn’t one of them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.