Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I finally got around to investigating an area close to the house in a turn-out paddock where it is always wet. Had to! Someone got their pickup truck stuck in the area. Had thought it might be part of drainage system from the barns. Not! It’s yet another spring on the property. (Well this is a spring seep that needs developed versus thefree flowing ones we have elsewhere)

I have always wanted to try and grow rice so I think now is going to be the time and this area is going to be the place! Anyone ever grown rice without using the flooding method but the SRI method? Anyway, we’ll see. Just ordered the rice.

But in my investigations/education I found a couple of things might be helpful for SHTF. First, check out this web site which shows location of fresh water springs reported around the world. (I know of many others around that I should take the time and add to it). Might come in handy to know if one is near you and you need water. Click here. Click on the ‘locate a spring’ from the top banner to locate in your area of the world.

This (click) is the first in series I thought was very educational on how to develop a spring etc.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

The amount of time I’ve spent looking at maps figuring out which of the safer routes has got more water that might be clean enough to drink… or have fish fit for human consumption.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard,
    Buy some LifeStraws
    Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water filters
    Removes minimum 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2 microns
    Filters up to 1000 liters of contaminated water WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals
    Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=lifestraw+filter&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=31726981476&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8658095506331255163&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4xckr4vwlx_b

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I’ve got only got one Lifestraw and quite a few 5g sachets of 1.4% chlorine with flocculants in a bob. A British Berkefield Filter and a few Carbon Filters and refills in bigger bug out containers. My handheld SteriPen somehow missing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.