Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Found out about this when I was over in the US last month… Anyone here tried it…? Claims to be completely nutritionally balanced providing everything you need…

http://soylent.me/

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Is it GREEN? :D

Unfortunate choice for a name!

It is mostly CARBS. Not a good balance, IMO, but would be better (easier assimilation) in a survival situation.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Soylent Green……it’s made from people…………….

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Im also not sure about soylent. It does show some promise and is probably another alternative to MREs and so on. I recently read an article written by a guy who uses it now when he is working and does not know what to eat. I guess in this matter it might make sense.

Problem in my case is that I like food way too much. For me, I like to enjoy it and celebrate cooking and eating, so I rarely run into a situation where I just eat for the sake of eating (different thing when Im on multi day hikes of course).

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Forgetting for a moment the obvious movie reference, look at the name SOY lent.
    If it is heavy in soybean proteins and such, this is not a plus for MEN. Soy is beneficial
    to women for estrogen and related female hormone production, but negative effects
    for men. Soy is used to synthesize artificial testosterone, but that is a building up
    process of compounds, whereas these get broken down to smaller chains of molecules
    in the human body.

Not sure if the source is SOY, but if it is, I would not make this a staple of the male diet!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.