Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Go to Goodwill and buy a pair of size 14-16 men’s work boots.
    Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo Magazine.
    Put four giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.
    Leave a note on your door that reads ……

Bubba,

Me and Marcel, Donnie Ray and Jimmy Earl went for more ammo. Be back in an hour.

Don’t mess with the pit bulls. They got the mailman this morning and messed him up bad.

I don’t think Killer took part, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway,

I locked all four of ‘em in the house. Better wait outside.

Be right back.

Cooter.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Where we left, the mexs would break in to steal the dogs to fight them and rummage around for the guns.

Wish i was kidding.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with Whirlibird. Even where I am, something like that would actually draw in what I call criminals (illegal aliens – thus the word “illegal”) that know nothing will happen to them. Not just the hispanics around here are bad, but there is a large Russian group in addition to several families from Pakistan or India that also don’t care about US laws. They leave me well enough alone, but I have witnessed them going through the neighbor’s garage to steal things during the day. The cops didn’t show up for about 90 minutes in an active break in where the elderly residents were home….. I had to take care of it and then got lectured because the cops didn’t show up in a timely manner.

Don’t get me started…….

/sigh

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Elderly people will often be afraid to show any resistence. They let the punks take whatever they want and won’t call the cops. It’s the there’s nothing worth stealing here defense.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

We had a dog poisoned – a pedigreed German Shepard named “Rebel” – and then they robbed the house. This happened to my parents when I was still small, not here at the Doomstead.

Still, it left a lasting impression. Thank God we have Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine. It’d be nice if the Sheriff or his deputies could get here in less than a few minutes, but we like the seclusion, which means at least 15 minutes to… well, “whenever”, depending on what they’re into…

I despise thieves. They’re not as bad as some criminal types, but they’re bad enough.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Where I used to live there was a rash of burglaries on a street with a lot of older people. Turned out to be a teenager who lived on the street taking advantage of the old folks adhering to a repetitive schedule in their comings and goings. He knew when the houses would be empty. In a small city where a friend’s parents lived, one of those once vibrant industrial places which now that the factories are all closed mostly has older retirees and Puerto Ricans who moved in for cheap housing (and Massachusetts entitlements which are substantial), her father religiously adhered to his schedule meeting his buddies at the corner restaurant for breakfast and lunch each day. One day while he was at lunch young PR’s broke into the house and robbed it while the 80+ year old wheelchair bound stroke victim wife could do nothing but sit there terrorized. Fortunately they didn’t harm her, and granted he shouldn’t have been leaving her home alone like that but they knew when to break into the house because they knew the schedule he maintained.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled, I take it either your wife, the cops or both were unhappy with you potentially risking your life for some junk in the neighbor’s garage. If people were allowed to protect stuff by shooting looters and thieves it would make it safer to stop them. Cops generally don’t want to be involved with face to face confrontation and consequently are frequently late to the party. 22 years ago in the house nextdoor to mine, (the house was a double, sometimes called a semi) there was an active shooting. This was a Saturday about noon and I was home. As soon as the shooting started we called the cops. 20 minutes later they show up creeping around the bushes. Needless to say the shooter was long gone. I had my wife, a new born, a 7 year old and a teenage girl that escaped from next door in the house so I couldn’t leave to help even if I wanted to. Point is I could walk across the PD jurisdiction in 20 minutes, they were hiding out waiting for it to blow over.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Namelus, while I appreciate the humor of your plan, I doubt the reliability of any system that depends on the thief’s ability to read.

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Where we left, the mexs would break in to steal the dogs to fight them and rummage around for the guns.

Wish i was kidding.

Q: Why do flies have wings ?
    A: To beat the mexs to the land fill .

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Two Montana rednecks are out hunting, and as they are walking along they come upon a huge hole in the ground.

They approach it and are amazed at the size of it.

The first hunter says, “Wow, that’s some hole; I can’t even see the bottom. I wonder how deep it is!”

The second hunter says,” I don’t know. Let’s throw somethin’ down there, listen and see how long it takes to hit bottom.”

The first hunter says, “Hey, there’s an old automobile transmission over there. Give me a hand, we’ll throw it in and see.”

So they pick it up and carry it over and count one, two, three and heave it in the hole. They are standing there listening, looking over the edge, when they hear a rustling behind them. As they turn around, they see a goat come crashing through the underbrush, run up to the hole and, without hesitation, jump in head first.

While they are standing there staring at each other in amazement, peering into the hole, trying to figure out what that was all about, an old farmer saunters up.

“Say there,” says the farmer, “you fellers didn’t happen to see my goat around here anywhere, did you?”

The first hunter says, “Funny you should ask, but we were just standing here a minute ago and a goat came running out of the bushes doin’ bout a hunnert miles an hour and jumped headfirst into this here hole!”

The old farmer said, “Naw, that’s impossible! I had him chained to a transmission.”

i have a sign at the home says bad dog lives here you will get in its the leaving that will bite you in the ass

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats Funny !

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“… bad dog lives here you will get in its the leaving that will bite you in the ass” — namelus

“Thats Funny !” — Tolik

Might be more than just humor. The guy who later became my outlaw-brother-in-law, told me of what happened to him, when he was doing door-to-door sales. (Yeah, it was more than a half-century ago.) The big sleeping dog paid him almost no attention as he opened the gate, walked up to the porch, and made his sales pitch to the lady.

She didn’t want whatever he was selling, bid him goodbye, and he walked past the dog — no problem. but when he tried to open it, all of a sudden he was pinned, shoulders to the gate, by the forepaws of the no longer sleepy Rhodesian Ridgeback, staring eye to eye-level, into his open jaws and formidable set of teeth, while being told, in fluent Dog, “Don’t even twitch, if you value your throat.”

After the lady came back out on the porch, and called the dog off, he was allowed to leave … alive.

… pity!

Cry, "Treason!"

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Elderly people will often be afraid to show any resistence. They let the punks take whatever they want and won’t call the cops. It’s the there’s nothing worth stealing here defense.

Brulen, we are an “elderly” couple who definitely are prepared for resistance. The sign on the fence near the porch says “Beware of Wife”…;)

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Teco … No wonder he became an out-law.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.