Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, that’s more than 7 million violent crimes in a population of about 53 million. Not good. That’s probably why the police are so complacent.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard the crimes are very high. Please be careful.

About the water, do you have a way to filter it?

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Will be careful, thank you Freedom. Yip, here in SA we need to be careful watering the garden. Locking extra doors inside the house before we go to bed.

I’ve got a permanent reverse osmosis water purification system in my kitchen. I take my own water with me where I go, because even the bought bottled water in South Africa has got fluoride added to it. http://www.absolutelywater.co.za/tag/fluoride-2/

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, it occurs to me that with what you are used to in SA that if you did move to a different country that you would be way ahead of most of the local population in terms of general awareness and preparedness. Most people who have always felt secure and who haven’t ever been afraid just don’t understand that the S can HTF.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Mountainbiker I can tell you many ‘funny’ stories – told by South African’s that have left over the years. Some woman complaining that their husbands are still not happy if they take the children for a walk on the beach alone during the day. My brother that are questioned by the neighbors for installing an alarm system. People getting a big fright if someone walks into their house if the front door was unlocked, even years after staying in very safe neighborhood. Husbands getting upset if their wife’s does not answer their phones. Not being used to children walk to school or take public transport. Everybody will comment on how different your life is without all the stress. They enjoy their “freedom”

Family in New Zealand experienced big earthquakes – lost their house and most of their belongings. With a new born baby they still helped others. What is the saying? – What does not kill you make you stronger.

Profile photo of campandpreppioneers
    campandpreppioneers
    Survivalist
    member2

Hi Leopard I forward you those two links for job vacancies. keep me informed k.. I wish to alert all preppers and survivalists in the foreign countries specifically in Europe in order to minimise crime, It is our duty to inform our social services and warn them to do a thorough check on anyone claiming refugee status in other countries. The reason I am saying this is because the average joe in these foreign countries specifically S.A can not afford to just so easily emigrate to another country. I am sure Leopard can agree with me on this one.The S.A currency is extremely weak compared to the currencies in Europe and therefore one has to have a well paid job, near enough sell everything you own, house, business, vehicles etc in order to have enough money to be able to afford a flight ticket, let alone leave the country. In most cases the criminals that have robbed everyone, managed to accumulate a lot of money through all these crimes they commit, are the ones leaving the country in the hopes of avoiding getting caught, entering other borders and claiming refugee status in other countries. A LEOPARD NEVER CHANGE ITS SPOTS! About 4 years ago there was quite a few reports of rape incidents in Ireland and guess what two suspects were refugees from South Africa, and the other one was a taxi driver in Ireland and from Nigeria.Obviously every country has it’s problems and bad apples,”gangs, drug dealers,robbers” etc, but if you notice such a big increase of certain types of crime, it’s needed to take a look at the nationality of these criminals and immigration status.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

http://www.iol.co.za/news/at-ground-zero-of-joburg-s-water-crisis-1.1756820#.VCbKPWeSzTo This is how people feel after two week not having running water… Things are falling apart. People can not go to work without having someone to look after their children..

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

“I’m completely unprepared for this,” he says, wiping sweat from his brow. “See these containers don’t even have lids. We bathe our kids in these small dishes. If you’re used to a shower, forget it. At this point, that’s a luxury.

“I’ve been going to friends and relatives to ask for water, it’s not ideal. We don’t know how safe this water is – what those water tanks were used for before. But because we are desperate, we’ll take risks.” “Nobody has explained why these reservoirs have run dry, and why no one foresaw this. Someone has messed up big time. This is our government and no one is taking responsibility.”

Then, there’s the niggling worry of how long this will last. “It’s becoming like a daily chore now, going to get water.” Then, almost rhetorically. “How long will this last?”

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

How long?
    Look to your north for an answer.

35 years basically and it just keeps getting worse.

Comments were made about africans not being ready to run the countries. And not being racist, its true. You give masses of uneducated, umprepared people a vote and they’ll vote themselves out of house and home on misguided principles, lies and some vague attempt to get even.

Looking north to Rhodesia, the infrastructure was second to none in Africa, prior to 1980.

Fast forward only twenty years and you watch the place literally falling apart, no repairs happening, as there’s no people trained to fix things and no spare parts thanks to rampant corruption.

Fast forward another decade and Zim is closer to the stone age than the modern world.
    Power? A couple hours a day in places, and you don’t know which days. Water? Sorry for the laughter.

That is what South Africa has to look forward to.

And this is not just my opinion, I converse regularly with Saffers and some Rhodies who are either still in country or who are in constant contact with those still there.

Leopard, god help you and yours.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Oh Leopard, I hardly know what to say. It doesn’t sound like the folks in charge know how to solve the problem, or perhaps they know and dare not inform the public as to when it will be resolved.

Members here who live in the parched (in the best of times) and now drought stricken West should pay attention. Some communities are close to running out of water. When there are only a few such places I don’t doubt but that govt. will find a way to bring in adequate supplies but if it gets worse and the number in need of emergency supplies brought from afar grows, the situation may become very fragile. Stock up on water while it is readily available and cheap. I bought a couple cases of bottled water (6 one gallon jugs) yesterday for $5.39 a case. Most people can set aside a lot of water at that price. As an aside, I save the empty jugs for potential re-use in a SHTF scenario that finds me using the hand pump on my well.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

It is good to have small (6 Gallon Jugs) because you can move it – load it into a vehicle. You can not move a large tank easily.I live in a city with no rivers or natural water nearby. I cleaned my 750 liter (198 Gallon) tank yesterday and filled it with ‘clean’ drinking water (not filtered). This large amount would be able to help us for quite a few days, depend on how much we use.
    Worse case 12 liters per day = 3 Gallon (drinking humans & animals, cooking) That means maybe 2 months supply only?
    Otherwise 2 – 3 weeks. (drinking, cooking, bathing, washing clothes, watering more plants & animals) And maybe use old bath water to flush toilets if you know when you will get more (rainy season)

I think it is important to have at least one other tank to collect rain water permanently. You can not afford to put not that clean water in a big tank – it takes a lot of water to clean a tank. If you rely on only the big tank of water for drinking and it becomes unhealthy to drink it, is a big loss. Especially if you not have the means to treat it.

I try to stock up on regular Jik (not perfumed bleach), Milton and already mixed powder treatment sachets that is lighter to carry. Got a 2500 Liter tank (660 Gallon) with borehole on another property where it might be safer for a while.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

The Hawks have a break-through in the case of the Blue Light Cop Gang where a crack team of officers confronted five men in Midrand disguised as members of the K9 unit as they prepared to hijack another vehicle.

http://carteblanche.dstv.com/player/635744/

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, not to make you feel worse about the situation in SA but yesterday I saw a reference to the attached and so looked it up. The New Black Panther Party in the US is a black Muslim hate group that has called for the death of all white people in SA. They have more worked to incite violence in the US than actually done it thus far. The Bush administration was pursuing a criminal case against them for voter intimidation but when Obama came into office his minions saw to it that the case was dropped. It is part of the ongoing corruption of Obama and his soon to be departed head of the US Justice Dept., Attorney General Holder.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-black-panther-audio-if-they-are-white-kill-em-all

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-Features/South-Africa-BDS-leaders-defends-call-to-kill-the-Jew-325075

SA leader defends saying kill the jew.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzRSE_p1Ys

President Zuma singing kill the Boer.

This is the reality in SA.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I listen and read this and all I see is people that is trying to destabilize the country. They want people to focus on hate and not on simply working hard and building things up. Most people in the business sector in Gauteng get along just fine. Farmers and their black employees also have been getting along for generations. We look at people like Malema and we laugh together. Unfortunately there are evil people that does not like their own skin color and simply can not think about anything else. It is possible for anybody that work hard and are clever enough to made a good honest living in South Africa.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 462 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.