Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

If we need to run that rule and reset the world clock back with a century or two to see ” to whom which country belong” it would most certainly be strange?
    So many South African friends and family all over the world that miss their home country, dear “Irish” – knowing they will never return. They learned to appreciate their new life and country. I really do hope it stays that way. The world economy being what it is.. This news link for you then Campandpreppioneers. http://www.beeld.com/nuus/2014-09-08-beroof-wyl-hy-bloei But somehow I do not feel like sharing all the horrible South-African news anymore. It is simply just to horrible.

Part of me want to show survivalist how cruel people can become when SHTF. But to make things worse, S has not even hit the fan here yet ! And for that reason I do not think it will be the same in civilized countries.

Ok – I will translate the link from newspaper: “While a 20 -year-old man from Krugersdorp was bleeding along the road after a horrific crash, about 20 bystanders tackled him, dragged him by his broken arm, to rob him .

Earlier this year, his father, Quinton Wagner, was shot dead in front of him in an armed robbery.
    Wagner is still fighting for his life in the intensive care unit at the Milpark Hospital, in Johannesburg .

On Friday, 12h00, he was thrown from his motorcycle when a pickup truck hit him from behind. About 20 bystanders of a nearby taxi rank then jerked and dragged him” like a piece of cloth ” from the accident scene into the bushes .

Since Friday he has had three operations. He can not breath by himself and is on a ventilator, blood in his lungs , his liver was torn and six of his ribs, his right arm and collarbone were fractured . Wagner ‘s pancreas is damaged and he suffered injuries to his legs.
    A businessman from Krugersdorp, Mr Henemann, was on the scene when Wagner was robbed . Henemann said the young man ‘s right arm had a bad open fracture and the bone was sticking out from his shirt. But it was no deterrent for the attackers. They held him by his broken arm and dragged him through the bush, Henemann said.

” A client was on his way to me . He drove into the young man and called me immediately for help. I was not too far from the accident scene and rushed there . I could not believe my eyes seeing the boy being dragged around. We jump out of my truck to stop them, but the robbers pounced on us . The robbers ripped the boy’s helmet from his head. The boy was laying on his backpack . The robbers shook him like a piece of cloth trying to get it off first. They also fought each other for his shoes ”

Henemann said the robbers held him, preventing him from tending to the victim. His wallet and cell phone, and his client cell phone and laptop was taken from them. Wayne Boyder, together with Henemann, said the Krugersdorp community policing forum (CPF) acted quickly. “The CPF helped them to chase the robbers away. They contacted the police, but only one police vehicle arrived . Other police vehicles drove past us”.

” The CPF blocked off the road for an Emergency helicopter to land. When the helicopter landed, the robbers ran to attack them. The CPF managed to keep the robbers away, while two police officers sat aside, not even taking statements.”

The victim’s mother, Monique Wagner, on Monday night said 2014 had been a difficult year, because her husband was shot dead during a robbery in January in front of her son. ” I hope and pray my child survive this nightmare . It’s only due to the grace of God that he is alive. ”

Ao. Solomon Sibiya, from police said Monday he could not comment. He said no one told him about the incident .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

” S has not even hit the fan here yet !” To most of us it looks like it has. I’m sure it can and will get worse but your init.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

One of my black employees phoned me a few minutes ago. He asked for help. He is not home and someone at home was busy breaking down his door. His wife and child inside. I knew it would take me more than 20 minutes to get there. By then it might be to late. Phoning the police an option but not good enough in that area. I just asked him – Do you know your neighbors numbers. He said yes. I said “I will put money on your phone – get ready to phone” I logged on to online banking. Bought airtime for his prepaid phone. Then called him on the two way radio. He confirmed that he was phoning.

I wanted to leave, to take him to his wife, but it being very late at night, thought it might be wise to wait. Stay put and organize first – .. Waiting just a minute or two can feel like forever. Having more means to communicate very good. All you need to do is push a button on two way radio and you can make sure what you are saying on phone is heard on the radio as well.

The neighbors came to her rescue. The robber run away. The door need to be replaced. Other sleeping arrangements was made. Everything calm again.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, good thinking on your part, and thankfully all worked out well.

When I read your prior post, I had the exact same reaction as 74. From where I sit, the S has already HTF in SA. That the downward spiral is still in motion is another matter. The people that attacked that young man have lost any humanity they might have had. That the police are so casual about it says that either they don’t care or that they know that they can’t control it. I don’t know which is worse. A prepper analogy is we set aside supplies and learn new skills now because we can do it now and might not be able to later when “it” happens. Whatever your options are for possibly exiting SA and starting over are greater now than they will be when you are older or when the conditions in SA are worse and everyone is headed for the exit door.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Mountainbiker, Your words so well put together.

Like frogs, we’ve probably been in the warm water for to long. (to realize the S is hitting the fan) The water might be boiling very soon. By then it might be to late to jump out.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/50-shacks-on-fire-in-joburg-1.1750496#.VBVJIpSSzTo The shacks being on fire happens often. I want to show that almost anybody gets attacked and stripped from belonging the second they stop in black areas.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/us-warns-citizens-to-avoid-pretoria-zoo-1.1750342#.VBVKiJSSzTo

“Americans were further urged to remain vigilant in protecting themselves from violent crimes while in South Africa Ä as assaults, armed robberies and other crimes were prevalent around hotels, tourist attractions and public transportation centres in major cities.

“Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security”

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, when I read the articles you posted, especially the one about the fire, in combination with the other articles that you have posted previously, the word that comes to me for what SA is descending into is anarchy. I can’t speak for what the media in Europe, Australian, Canada or elsewhere covers concerning SA, but there is virtually no coverage of any of this in the US. Back in the apartheid days SA was always in the news here because of the political and economic pressure being put on SA. Nelson Mandela always got lots of coverage too, and when he died it was wall to wall coverage. When it comes to covering the reality of day to day life in SA however there is almost total silence. Thank you for helping me to understand what the situation is.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

“SA descending into anarchy” – MountainBiker

We believe that the Xenophobia attacks will set the ball rolling. Many white areas in Johannesburg without water at the moment. Been two days. (Friends filling up at my house) Just a few articles from the last few days: http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/foreigners-in-fear-after-looting-of-shops-1.1749969#.VBixl5SSzTp “In three weeks of the rampage, more than 100 shops were cleared of fridges, stock, shelves, sinks and personal effects. Three people died and several more injured, and shop owners recounted insults and xenophobic slurs hurled at them during beatings… Those attacks started on the heels of service delivery protests… Some residents said the young people needed to continue on the momentum created by the protests because they had not calmed down from the excitement of demonstrating”

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/tut-students-won-t-return-to-class-src-1.1751894#.VBiS7ZSSzTo

The university had said it expected students back in classes on Wednesday following several days of violent strike action.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/r10m-is-price-tag-of-illegal-protests-1.1751538#.VBiaG5SSzTo

Gauteng has experienced 229 illegal protests in the past three months, at a cost of R10 million to the province.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/farmers-don-t-trust-police-for-protection-1.1751874#.VBia8JSSzTo

Farmers prefer using private security services because of their low level of trust in the SA Police Service
    91 attacks on farms and 42 murders on farms had been reported since January.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/settlers-blockade-roads-during-protest-1.1751751#.VBibvpSSzTo

Pandemonium greeted Copesville residents early on Monday when about 1 500 people blocked Bhambatha (New Greytown) Road in Pietermaritzburg with burning tyres, rubbish and boulders.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/mec-denounces-grabouw-guerilla-tactics-1.1751872#.VBicV5SSzTo

Western Cape community safety MEC on Tuesday described the rioting, stone throwing and violence in Grabouw as organised guerrilla-type tactics that were causing the police frustration and made their task of restoring order very difficult. After the police fought back around 1000 protesters gathered on a hill in the Siteview township not far from the N2. They were shouting insults at police, throwing stones, chanting, and toy-toying.
    Another large group had gathered on a steep hill right next to the N2 close to The Orchards Farm Stall. They were stoning the police and the Nyalas as they passed on the N2 below them. Some of them had makeshift plastic shields to defend themselves against the rubber bullets. A motorist in Somerset West who travelled from Hermanus said the traffic on the road from Kleinmond was chaotic. “It is the only road we can use because of the closure at Grabouw. “It is taking us hours longer to get to our destination. The road is crowded with trucks and most of the time we were driving at about 20 km/h,” he said.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/mpumalanga-protesters-block-roads-1.1751747#.VBidOJSSzTo

” … outside Hazyview in Mpumalanga barricaded the road leading into Nelspruit on Tuesday, Mpumalanga police said. “Protesters in the morning barricaded the R40 coming into Nelspruit,” said Brigadier Selvy Mohlala. “Police are still there trying to negotiate with them,” he said. Police were not sure why people were protesting.
    (o)

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, if nothing else make sure you and your family all have your passports so that you can exit quickly should it come to that. That and the knowledge of where you can go to without having a specific entrance visa.

Profile photo of campandpreppioneers
    campandpreppioneers
    Survivalist
    member2

Hi Leopard thank you for link, sorry for only replying now, was taking care of some things this side, and weather been bad so my internet signal is very weak. I am truly sorry to hear how downhill South Africa has gone, My husband always quotes from the movie black diamonds where Leonardo di caprio says God has left S.A a long time ago. I simply disagree on that as it is not God, but the people in charge that runs a country and it’s citizens into dire straights. My heart cries out for the people of S.A, I too have witnessed quite a few horrific attacks, nearly been a gang rape victim myself, thank God I had a pepper spray on me, as for the breaking ins, they are so frequent it’s hard to keep track. I too have some family in S.A, which is why my husband and I are trying to get our little business going, So we too can bring the family over, There is no more space for the working white man in that country and even if you have the slightest bit of money it will be robbed of you. As for the Ebola (man – made) virus, I fear it won’t be long until it reaches South Africa and I know personally what the hospitals are like over there, you end up more ill when you leave the hospital than when you first entered it. If you don’t mind me asking what is your occupation over there.. as I know if you can find a job in that field in Ireland you can bring your family over on a working visa for 5 years and than after apply for residence here. Best is to look for jobs going on line in your field and than get all your docs ready and apply for as many as you can. I know they are always looking for couriers over here, so any job in logistics you will find apps online for. Best of luck, keep your eyes sharp and ears even sharper!

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Some news articles after the yearly crime stats were published

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/crime-figures-a-wake-up-call-experts-1.1753859#.VB0ym5SSzTo

Alarming increases in serious violent crime, including murder, attempted murder and aggravated robbery, should serve as a wake-up call for all South Africans, according to the Institute for Security Studies (ISS).
    South Africa’s murder rate nearly five times the world average of 7 per 100 000. “The public therefore has reason to feel unsafe,”

Crime statistics – Link Excel format http://www.saps.gov.za/resource_centre/publications/statistics/crimestats/2014/crime_stats.php

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Leopard, I don’t know what to say that hasn’t already been said. But, I think of you often and pray you and your family stay safe.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Thank you so much Tweva and Campandpreppioneers. I think about everybody here at SHTF forum everyday. Would so much want to give good news one day..

Water shortage in parts of Gauteng. This is the most populated area in South Africa. People are ‘waking up’. Are beginning to realize they need water!

“The water supply issues were caused by erratic bulk water supply from Rand Water and unprecedented high water demand driven by hot weather and panic storage of water in large quantities.”

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/no-water-in-ekurhuleni-1.1753954#.VB3s25SSzTo

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard. I am unaware as to the lead up to the current water shortage but that kind of problem should never come as a surprise to the general public. It is the kind of problem that can be seen coming months if not years ahead of time. It is not a good sign.

On your prior post about the murder rate, if I understand the article correctly the murder rate in SA is 32.2 per 100,000 population. So that I could comprehend the magnitude of what that means, I looked up the rate for Vermont. Ours is 1.3 murders per 100,000 population. It is hard to fathom 32.2.

Edited to correct placement of decimal point. Sorry.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Yes, MountaineBiker. The water problem is most definitely not suppose to come as a surprise. There has been almost no maintenance done on water pipes or purification systems in the last 20 years. Sewerage water running straight into rivers almost everywhere. The experienced knowledgeable people no longer working at plants for many years.

I still do not like the fact that there was problems at four pumping stations in one week. Something is “cooking” or smells like a fish. The water running from my taps been white – that simply turns foamy and green algae starts growing within days in the bigger containers I keep for the animals.

http://www.crimestatssa.com/national.php National figures for Murder 194 571; Attempted murder 213 457; Assault with intend to inflict grievous bodily harm 2 330 941; Common assault 2 278 884; Robbery 728 285; Robbery aggravating circumstances 1 286 532 … If you add the figures the changes of you becoming a victim of something bad is fairly big.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 462 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.