Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I too do not want a collapse because what we may get is nothing like we think will happen. But I do think that we all need to prepare for the future. I am a numbers guy, love numbers since I was a little one. The numbers never lie.

The congress just passed budget and they will be borrowing Trillions more. We need to look at the debt clock,
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/ It is at $18.4 Trillion. When I first posted here the debt was under $16 Trillion. Some say that the $21 to $22 Trillion is the breaking point, who knows. I am hoping that once we elect a Republican that we start seeing these numbers slowly go down. But any war will put us in the breaking point.

Nothing good will come out of a collapse.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I am hoping that once we elect a Republican that we start seeing these numbers slowly go down. But any war will put us in the breaking point.

I was a Republican Party member ever since I was able to vote. It has been well over two decades since I labeled myself a Republican, or worked for the Party in any way, shape or form. Look where we’ve gotten even with a Republican majority in Congress. They collaborated with the President to give him his agenda over, and over and over again. Note very well that it is this NEW Republican House leadership that has make certain that the debt ceiling and a two year budget deal, all going beyond the 2016 election, was passed. Anyone that believes Paul Ryan wasn’t in on the deal is out of their gourd. He gets a nice clean slate to start off with, not having to worry about a government shut down, the debt ceiling, or any of those suddenly non-issues for at least a full year. The health, welfare, and future of our Republic wasn’t in the mix – just the political future of those making policy.

At very best, we can expect only a slow down in the race to the edge of the cliff. A 180º? Not a chance – not even within Congress awaiting a veto from Zero.

But to hopefully get this back more toward what Leopard started 1½ years ago (it is supposed to be about South Africa, after all), I looked at the videos of the “student” protests to get the fees dropped, and it looks pretty much like my own university campus in the late 60s and early 1970 (except not even as bad). Some of our students were shot, beaten, etc., but we didn’t make headlines because Kent State “happened” and the iconic photos spread around the nation and probably the world almost immediately, followed by a national outrage.

That isn’t to minimize what’s going on in Africa, however, I wouldn’t trade places for anything. At least I still don’t have a solid wall around my house with concertina wire on top, hoping it will all still be there when I get home at night (or that I’ll still be alive inside in the morning). The real common denominators are agitators that aren’t what they claim to be (students, for example), corrupt politicians, corrupt law enforcement (no NOT in all cases – but enough that it makes a difference – I’m neither starting nor willing to engage in THAT discussion here again), and a population that’s just fed up on all sides, whether justifiably or not. The population (regardless whether it’s SA, US, Europe, much if not most of South and Central America, and so many other places), is so fractured into factions, each of which is entirely unwilling to honestly just sit down and talk through some mutual problem solving toward win-win outcomes, that the chances for anything BUT a disaster are somewhere in the ultra-slim to none range. South Africa may well be highly instructive for the rest of us – but then so are several other situations as well. They all bear watching and assessing carefully. Regardless of race or language, and even cultural differences, basic human nature is still basic human nature, and therefore conclusions can be drawn from one area and situation to another.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

In order not to further clutter this thread with my bloviating, I put my reply here.

I have no expertise regarding South Africa, though I appreciate the news and prepping solutions.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of Meduseld
    Meduseld
    Survivalist
    member2

Honestly, perverse as it sounds, there are more than a few of us who wish that things would reach a crisis.

I have children, and I do not want to see them endangered, but many of us cannot take one minute more of the barbarism in our land.
    I have been shot at (twice), head smashed from behind with a large rock (~8kgs, I still have fine fissures behind my left temple 17 years later), robbed, attempted robbery by a gang…. my father was hijacked and made to kneel to be executed but the sidearm wouldn’t fire (twice), a friend of mine was raped by four men, and the list just goes on… and on… and on… and on. This is Africa. Believe me, don’t believe me, it changes nothing.
    Eventually you reach the point of having had enough of young babies being raped as a traditional cure for AIDS. You get sick to the throat of reading about 80 year old white women being raped by six men, and of nuns being raped in their 50s, 60, 70s, and 80s.
    What is worst of all is being told that it is your own fault because traditional black African societies were idyllic and that such crime is therefore a product of colonialism…

Now that there is a call for Afrikaans not to be used as a language of instruction at the universities which the Afrikaners built, and a governmental initiative for all farms, small-holdings, and plots to be split 50/50 with blacks, and an initiative for whites to play a wealth tax, and a recent declaration by the highest levels of the ANC that the final phase of the incomplete National Democratic Revolution must now be effected – being “the taking, without negotiation, of the economy”, many people believe that they are being destroyed by stealth and that if they don’t begin to take precautions now it will be too late.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Meduseld Meduseld.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Meduseld Meduseld.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Medusa, the shoe has basically dropped in SA.
    The problem is, it dropped in the early ’90’s.

The world came to a misguided conclusion that if you gave rioters, criminals what they wanted, they would be happy and go on with their lives singing and chanting.

Its been a circling motion around the bowl ever since.

I had a long post but decided for this instead.
    Its your country, save what you can.
    A breakaway colony that declares sovereignty internationally may be the best bet, taking all the capital with it, as well as those who can fix and rebuild the country.
    Let it all go down the drain, Its not like the entire country doesn’t need rebuilt anyways at this point.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Meduseld, wow is all I can say. I cannot imagine the heartbreak of seeing the sole success story in Africa fall apart in the manner it has. I know it is the land that your ancestors paid dearly for in blood sweat and tears but Whirli is right. There is no way that the whites in SA are going to regain control nor will the ANC stop until SA has become another Zimbabwe, and then it’ll be too late. It seems that the choices are to leave SA or to do as Whirli suggested and look for a breakaway colony. A breakaway may not be possible given whites aren’t concentrated in an area that they could reasonably declare to be their new homeland. The devaluation of the currency makes leaving all the harder too, not to mention the political correctness that has prevented the rest of the world from taking up the cause of the white South African.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I had exactly the same internal verbalization that MountainBiker had – “Wow!” In a way, that’s about all I can say too, just sitting her shaking my head in disbelief. I just cannot imagine what it must be like over/down there for you all. But I do remember hearing, over here, how that old man, near death, should be released from prison for humanitarian reasons. The problem is that at least a few of us over here (though we don’t count) DID object to his release – because we remembered the “necklacing,” who he was married to before he went to prison, and his intimate ties to the Communist Party in his pre-prison days. Some of us know that his record was cleaned up while he was in prison, facilitated by divorcing Winnie, and that a dying, frail man was supposed to emerge from the prison, soon never to be heard from again once he took his last breath.

Unfortunately, there was much history to be made in the ensuing years, along with the bestowal of near sainthood on the man. But anyone much younger than probably 50 or so, particularly over on this side of the pond, would know virtually nothing about the esteemed Nelson Mandela’s history, thanks to the “news” media and the praise showered on the man by national leaders (especially our own here in the US).

So, for what little it’s worth from a practical standpoint, there are at least a few of us that keep you (Meduseld, Leopard, etc.) in our prayers, and your issues do matter to us. Thanks for being here and keeping our eyes opened to what’s happening outside our media-secluded part of the world.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The silence from the rest of the world at this point is expected, however disturbing none the less. The people of SA are truly on your own with no chance of rescue by foreign intervention, more likely condemnation for any efforts of survival.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

The people of SA are truly on your own with no chance of rescue by foreign intervention, more likely condemnation for any efforts of survival.

Oh yes. I can see the headlines: “Radical Right Wing Attempting to Return to Oppression of Apartheid!” Any hint of mere survival would be lost by the time the “message” got to this side of the globe.

Profile photo of Precious_Roy
    Precious_Roy
    Survivalist
    member2

I have read some of SvR’s phrophecies and a limited biography available in English. How does this reconcile(or does it) with his prophecy about South Africa being a safe haven for Christians and the vierkleur flying again? I think before that can happen, the black communists will have to be gone one way or another. I see a buildup to the same sort of thing here in the US. Fanning flames of hate and making threats, black communist groups posing as social activists etc.

Howzit Leopard,

And everyone is talking about the fulfilment of Seer van Rensburg’s prophecy of 100 years ago that there will be a deluge of black and brown-skinned people in Europe immediately prior to us being slaughtered. Our Lord alone knows what is going to happen, but there is no disputing that almost everything SvR predicted for this very moment in time is spot-on… the move to prevent Afrikaans being the language of instruction in the old Afrikaans universities!!! Unbelievable!!! How could he have known about that 100 years before the time???… the wicked ruler??? I mean, how on earth?… the electricity crisis – HUH?????? The man literally did not have electricity on his farm and in the village nearby when he predicted that an electricity collapse would be our death-knell.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Some areas had no water today – Jhb and Pretoria
    Level 2 water restrictions imposed in Joburg
    Rand Water notified us of a further deterioration in the bulk supply system this morning [Monday], recommending a higher level of water supply restrictions,

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/level-2-water-restrictions-imposed-in-joburg-20151109

Level two restrictions meant:

– No watering and irrigating gardens between 06:00 and 18:00.

– No filling of swimming pools.

– No using of hose pipes to wash cars, paved areas, etc.

Mfikoe said, although water was still available, the system supply pressure would be reduced.

“In the event that the situation deteriorates further, a level three restriction would have to be imposed.

Level three would entail supply of water at stipulated times a day, namely, only in the mornings and in the evenings at times to be announced,” she said.

This would mean that water would not be supplied outside the stipulated times.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

An almost week-long heatwave is expected over parts of the country, with some maximum temperatures expected to hit 40 degrees Celsius on Monday.

The heatwave comes as large parts of the country are experiencing devastating drought conditions.

The SA Weather Service said in its daily forecast that a heatwave with “persistently high temperatures” is expected over Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo and the eastern part of the North West until Thursday.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/near-week-long-heatwave-to-hit-parts-of-sa-20151109

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard and other Saffers,
    Something making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
    Keep a weather eye out.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Not good news leopard, not good at all. With summer approaching, this is not a good trend line so early in the season.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Leopard, not being particularly familiar with South African weather patterns, I did a little digging the other day (even before this latest post of yours, when you’d previously mentioned the drought), and learned that supposedly the highest rainfall in Gauteng is December through February. I hope the highest rainfall comes early this year (like after Thursday when the heat wave diminishes?). And at least another week of 40°C temps?!? OUCH! That sounds like it’s getting pretty critical. And I saw in the news24 report that it is affecting food availability and prices as well. It’s sad that empathy, concern, and all that, still won’t put water in the ‘fridge or food on the table. We can certainly pray for rain for you though….

Are rain water collection and storage systems deemed illegal in your area? If not, there are many such systems available on YouTube. I posted one here on the forum a while back, in case it’s feasible in your situation. We’ve always got 275 gallons of water available, and an exceptionally high quality water filter system that would allow us to immediately drink the water (after gravity feed through the filter, of course) with absolute confidence in not only the wonderful taste of the water, but also the safety both from chemicals but also “critters” (virus, bacteria, and other small organisms). You can find the water collection/storage and the water filter posts here:

http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/rainwater-collection-and-storage-system/#post-42909

http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/how-to-make-a-water-filteration-system-for-13-of-the-cost-of-a-berkey/#post-42441

http://providentlivingandme.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-progress-home-made-berkey-water.html

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 462 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.