Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 423 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

I don’t know guys… back in The Old Days of the Italian Mob, the Mob often did a better job of taking care of small-time scumbags than the police did. The police were just as bad as the Mob, but at least the Mob were “Men of Honor” and had some sort of code they went by…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, I can’t piece together what you are saying. I don’t think the old days are coming back. Crime in SA is not like the old mob days. Plus the mobs didn’t really keep the gangbangers in line. We had loads of Mob activity in PA NJ NY they only were concerned with their own money problems.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

We’ve got one that I can think of here in SA – “Mop style security” Most criminals are careful taking them on. The “protection” are provided by black people. http://mapogoafrica.co.za/ Do not know much about them myself. http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/killer-fingers-security-boss-1.1492795

Interesting for me to see is that it is not only Jhb that is experiencing a crime wave – parts of the Cape is also battling http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/residents-fear-for-lives-as-huge-crime-wave-hits-1.1683161 “The southern suburbs of Rondebosch East, Crawford and Lansdowne are in the grip of an unprecedented crime wave, with a spree of burglaries, hijackings and violent attacks..’

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/paramedics-cops-left-dying-man-1.1695871  A Good Samaritan who attempted to save the life of a stabbing victim watched in horror as emergency crews in both a provincial ambulance and a police van allegedly turned a blind eye to the dying man, who was being guarded by his injured dog.
    Nair, 39, had been walking to his Westville home with his pit bull terrier, on Sunday evening when he was attacked by a knife-wielding robber. He and the dog were stabbed several times by a robber who took his cellphone.
    ….  wife died three months ago and the couple had a 10-year-old daughter.
    –This makes me so sad. People should not go out after dark

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard,
    A very sad commentary on the conditions in your country. A lesson for anyone thinking that having a big dog with them will prevent an attack.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

South African is in a SHTF with all the killings and robberies. I think that when the police has a problem of not stopping to help someone it’s because they think they will be killed too!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

There is only one solution to a crime problem like that, kill the criminals.

Take back the streets, take back the night.

It becomes lethal to be a criminal,  guess what stops.

Leopard,  you live in a combat zone, there is no denying it. Treat it as such, enemy combatants get shot, non combatants don’t.  It really is that easy.

Farm being invaded? Roaches check in but they don’t check out. Its obvious the police haven’t been able to do anything since 1992, so take them out of the equation.  Let them deal with the pile of bodies dumped elsewhere.

10, 000 career criminals are suddenly found unceremoniously killed and dumped on street corners, crime patterns will change. And no coordination is needed, only a couple of people start the ball rolling, others will follow suit.

The people declare war on the criminals, things will change. But it will make those in power down there very scared, especially since they’re criminals also.

A rough solution?  Granted, but likely the only one that will work there.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

The economy is being pushed downhill very fast now. Striking mine workers being used for sure. A Metro police vehicle now accompanying every single public transport bus in my area to prevent attacks. Yesterday morning 4 armed robberies in the morning  before 13h00 in three kilometer radius around my office. Two incidents military weapons were used –  R4 / R5

Had to go out last night to assist in putting back a gate that was derailed by armed robbers.

My family does not like it when I go out and we make contact often.  I am now armed 24/ 7

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard,

Do you have a bug out location to escape to if full scale riots occur and civility fails?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,

“There is only one solution to a crime problem like that, kill the criminals.

Take back the streets, take back the night.”

If that were to occur then the government would step in with troops and arrest the vigilantes leaving the criminals to run rampant again. Plus it would start a civil war (probably a war someone wants now)

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

“There is only one solution to a crime problem like that, kill the criminals.

Take back the streets, take back the night.”

1974, many times I thought that solution is good here too, but it is hard to do it when whole system is corrupt and wrong. Too many people to kill :)

Only solution is something big and violent to happen, to change corrupted system, but there s no enough will and power for that.
    Anyway it will collapsed alone, without intervention.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I also see a collapse happening. There is only one way to stop this and that is to kill the criminals. But there is the problem of the more the SHTF the more there will be hunger which sometimes turns people into criminals to feed there families.  So it will need to have a way were food can be given to the hungry so they do not turn to crime.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

We do send lookouts with vehicle registration numbers with details, warnings friends and clients, schools, security companies and with time the police arrest some criminals or you get crime displacement. The crime move to the next area that’s a little less vigilant… have replaced their stolen goods with new ones..haha Left the empty box on the street.. ready for “collection”.

Yes, Freedom. I do not mind to suffer, but I will do my very best to provide the best for my child and my family. I will put up a fight if being attacked – because my child needs me alive.

The part we need to really work on, is keeping their worlds safe. Not only physically safe from harm. We need to keep them healthy by providing healthy organic food. Protect them from harmful vaccinations causing autism and other strange illness. Vaccinations banned in other places of the world are still being send and used in Africa.

The part most people tend to forget – protect them from your worries. They need not hear the news – see the news- absorb all the cruel world throw at us. Mind what you share with them. They can camp and learn about survival without the stress. Let them be kids without a worry in the world for as long as possible

1974 I do have two locations. The one is one tank of gas (petrol), the other two tanks of gas. Still working on the safety in numbers part.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Selco wrote:</div>
    “There is only one solution to a crime problem like that, kill the criminals. Take back the streets, take back the night.” 1974, many times I thought that solution is good here too, but it is hard to do it when whole system is corrupt and wrong. Too many people to kill :) Only solution is something big and violent to happen, to change corrupted system, but there s no enough will and power for that.
    Anyway it will collapsed alone, without intervention.

I’m afraid that there is plenty of power and will to make something happen in southern Africa,  the problem is that the criminals are in power.

South Africa has a one man one vote popular vote system, so whichever tribe can pull the most votes, wins. Shona, Zulu, doesn’t really matter as they are communist backed.

SA is a melting pot of crime, and still the most violent democracy in the world.

I still say there’s only one way to combat it, as the professional police retired or left some 20 years ago, and that’s to eliminate the criminals.

Guards, barbed wire and fences don’t make it any safer, it just slows the entry, the only way to make it safer is to remove the threat permanently.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Well, for years the criminals has been told the world owes them. Now they feel everything belongs to them – they can simply ‘take back’ Even if that means taking a life.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 423 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.