Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard, politicians choose their words carefully. Referring the people whose ancestors have been there for 350 years as “settlers” is about as powerful a message they can send to anyone who is listening.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think that with everything happening in the rest of the world the news media here in the U. S. is not reporting anything at all of what is happening in SA. I think O doesn’t care.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

O dear – the fun they had in parliament yesterday…. while being broadcasted live on national television. This is our very competent ministers ruling the southern tip off Africa.
    http://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/video-eff-mps-removed-from-parly-1.1817363#.VN3Pd-aUfTo !!! The EFF always dressed in red, shouting while the president is trying to address the nation. The DA dressed in black (trying to put focus on electricity crisis) simply left

http://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/fist-fights-and-shouting-matches-at-sona-1.1817491#.VN3QMuaUfTo

Profile photo of Glocker
    Glocker
    Survivalist
    member1

I bought some food and more ammo today. Going to be a bumpy ride

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Hi Glocker, will you be driving on dirt roads this side of the world ? : )

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>I think that with everything happening in the rest of the world the news media here in the U. S. is not reporting anything at all of what is happening in SA. I think O doesn’t care.

The libs find SA to embarrassing to talk about. It might reflect on the black caucus in the US. We used to get C- span on tv here but they took it off the basic channel package. Some of the speeches were interesting. Its not like anybody ever reads the congressional record as they revise and extend their remarks.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

SA airports off navigation systems

About 70 airports have been removed from Boeing’s leading satellite navigation systems, compromising air traffic safety in South Africa.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/02/15/sa-airports-wiped-off-navigation-systems1

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/sa-airports-off-navigation-systems-1.1818383#.VOCG-OaUfTo

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I am not familiar with what it takes to administer these systems to keep them functional but that this happened at all is another dot in the ongoing failure of SA’s infrastructure. It sounds like they will fix it quickly enough but such things should never happen at all in what was a 1st world economy. Not good.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This sounds like they never corrected for the magnitic pole shift.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Yes, MountainBiker. With competent people being replaced by people getting the salary but not having the faintest clue how to do the work things have been falling apart for some time.
    74, I did not put those two together, thank you.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Massive land claim shocks parts of Pta

http://rekordeast.co.za/42579/massive-land-claim-shocks-parts-of-pta/#at_pco=cfd-1.0&at_ab=per-2&at_pos=3&at_tot=6&at_si=54e32d702fc4ef03
    Two massive land claims affecting private homes, schools, churches and businesses covering almost the entire north-east of the Tshwane metro ( Pratoria – Gauteng) have residents deeply worried.

It includes property owned by the Canadian government

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t know when modern land ownership deeds and such went into effect in SA but suspect it was in the far distant past given land ownership is the bedrock of a modern economy. On that basis it sounds like these folks say the land is theirs simply because they say so rather than being based on actual ownership such as ownership is understood in any developed nation. If they win, it will spell the end of SA given many others will step forward looking to reclaim their ancestral lands. There have been many land claims by Indian tribes in the US but their claims have largely been based on treaties that they claim were violated and at least had a legal basis upon which to pursue the claim.

Having read a number of articles you’ve posted I have grown accustomed to place names and people names that I couldn’t begin to pronounce but in this article there was reference to a place called La Montagne. That’s French for “the mountain” but it is also a somewhat common French Canadian family name in Quebec, the Canadian Maritimes, and New England. How did a French name get inserted in SA? I’ve got a lot of LaMontagne/Lamontagne relatives,

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I think one could say most areas in South Africa were given names that sound Afrikaans or Dutch. The ANC have been changing names at an typical African pace One name at a time… just to make sure a map printed a month ago is already out dated… costing a fortune in changing names on monthly basis and fairly easy to get lost while using any map or gps because street names chances to all that has been in parliament in the last 20 years.
    MountainBiker, most white South Africans great great grandparents came from The Netherlands, France, Germany, England, and Greece. I’ve got mostly Dutch and French blood in my veins. You can see it in typical South African surnames like Du Plessis: de Villiers; Du Buisson; Le Grange; Pollock; Roux; Rossouw; Strauss; Spencer; Van Wijk
    People at the coast like giving their homes names. And you can also see European in the names chosen for security complexes. LaMontagne beautiful area in Pretoria..

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I hate to admit it, but that’s a pretty ingenious means of keeping their friends map making businesses going.

Wonder who gave them the idea.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

A little humor:

To: Executive Mayor Cllr Kgosientso Ramokgopa, 
    I am aware of the fact that you have been embroiled in lengthy legal battles with various organisations that want to prevent you from changing the name of Pretoria to Tshwane. I find this extremely disturbing and I do not agree with these organisations at all.
    As a proud descendant of the Boer Nation that founded this once beautiful, first world city, I have to insist that you change the name to Tshwane as soon as possible.
    I personally think it is an insult to the legacy of my proud forefathers that this hell hole of a third world slum should use the name of the Pretorius family. I am of the opinion that it would be much more fitting for the remnants of what was once Pretoria, to be named after the ancestors of the people responsible for its collapse. The Boer people have no interest in being associated with the filthy, crime ridden streets and the parks and squares that now reek of urine and decay. I sincerely hope that you will look kindly on my request to no longer insult the name and legacy of the proud people who built this city but do the right thing and name it after the ancestors of those who destroyed it. 
    Kind Regards Sunette Bridges

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 462 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.