Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

That’s very disturbing news Leopard. It sounds like your shtf is eminently at hand.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Disturbing indeed. I checked the US State Dept. website to see if they have any current travel advisories but didn’t see anything. I would take it as a sign that things are getting worse if you were to see embassies reducing their staffing levels, being they may well have insider info that isn’t being released to the general public. If the elite are heading off for foreign vacations, that might be worth noting too for the same reasons. Of course, how is it anyone is supposed to know of these things is another matter entirely. To all of our SA members here I would suggest making sure you have fuel enough to keep your home generators running for a month. It may also be time to review again your security plans and your supply levels.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

The scary part 74, is when other people contact you and ask When do you think it is going to go down? What are you going to do? Where are you going to go? Then you realise that you are not imagining things – It is real – and it is happening … Everything will fall apart in Southern Africa. We also provide our neighbouring countries from electricity – That thought hit me hard today.

Also the horrible thought that drains might just reverse itself – and everything can flow back into my house in the city.
    I also had a discussion with a person that said He is “so tired of all these people that has been buying can food – And in how many years nothing has ever happed – What is wrong with you people?”
    I was a bit dump struck at first – and then realised There is still people that is not aware what is happening in South Africa. With the electricity going off daily and there being no cell phone reception often. Even the internet slows down to a halt
    To keep calm and warn the people you care for.. all I can do. And do what I need to for myself and child first. Direct family doing the same.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Anyone who grew up with a septic system knows the risk of it backing up, especially when ones in the shower.
    But for it to happen on an industrial level, that’s a whole new level of disgusting.

Leopard, you are in a unique position.
    The world is crumbling around you, but its Africa so that’s normal.
    You boogie too early and you risk nothing happening except your place being picked clean like aasvogels on a week old kill.
    But you risk the same just going to the grocery store.

Too late and you risk everything.

There is no good or easy answer.

Except perhaps prepare for the worst, that seems the norm there.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

People in the US can barely assimilate whats happening here. If they even knew what was happening in SA they would most likely be in a state of denial. All the people who were so happy blacks were mandeled don’t want to see the outcome.They don’t want to see the black crime wave in the US. They don’t want to see Obama’s corruption or his moslem sympathies. Jews and South African whites have a similar problem. The US has failed miserably in its UN role. There is no justice and there is no peace. The anarchy has come home. Families disintegrate, countries do the same.
    At least you’re not in denial Leopard. Getting people to do what’s necessary is probably the hardest thing in the world to do.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Tonight electricity were off for many hours in Cape. Mpumalanga , Johannesburg. Do not know where else. I did not have cell phone reception. Could at least use ham radio. We will try to inform each other from now on electricity status in our area. ( Probebly the only way we will figure out that the grid has collapsed completely.)
    I gave people working on a huge pothole in front of my house some solar lights to use. I’ve put three lights on the wall. When the full moon was high enough to shine above the trees, they could really finish the work. They asked a lot of questions – like where do you get your electricity from? Why is only your lights working. I had to explain how solar works.

When they left I had mixed feelings. The hole ,eating away the road, was almost fixed up. They wil put gravel tomorrow and the day after tar. (Two by 6 meters wide!) I want to help people, teach them, but saw the empty water bottles I gave them lying next to the raod.. I must learn to keep quiet. They will remember my house now.

I promised three friends to help them buy the right stuff to get off the grid. It took at lot of paper and calculations.. How much to add a fridge? It helps to simply take a photo of all the equipments electricity usage before you leave your house.

My water tank is full. Vehicle petrol tank is full. But need to get going on clients still oweing money… economy really beginning to hit hard

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

It feels like we are watching from afar the last gasps of a once vibrant society. Why don’t they just get in there and do the maintenance needed on the grid? That they haven’t begs the question as to what is really going on.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB I don’t think they really want to fix the grid. SA is in a SHTF type of time, not full collapse but getting there.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

But what do they have to gain by destroying the economy?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MtB, I was thinking about the same thing, why not just fix it? However old plants can have a tremendous amount of components that have failed and have work arounds and many near failure parts.The turbines could be shot, a lot of high pressure steam pipe with holes or near bursting. The complexity is really significant. I just mention a few of the thousands of problems they could have.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

People forget that SA hasn’t had any real work done on infrastructure since the early 90’s.

Between the graft and corruption, its next to impossible to actually accomplish anything. And that’s when things are working properly.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

A power plant without constant maintenance is going to deteriorate very quickly.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The way I see it, no matter what the price to fix the grid is, they cannot afford not to. The country will collapse if the grid fails. Not only does the price to fix it not matter given the alternative, it needs to be done on a war footing, meaning as fast as is humanly possible.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It probably means building a few new plants. It takes a few years to do. And money, I have the funny feeling they have no money and no credit.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>The way I see it, no matter what the price to fix the grid is, they cannot afford not to. The country will collapse if the grid fails. Not only does the price to fix it not matter given the alternative, it needs to be done on a war footing, meaning as fast as is humanly possible.

Its not repairable.
    From a couple of consulting engineers, they have to start new and abandon/strip out the old system as they go.

And that’s the good version.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 462 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.