Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Leopard any plans to move yet?
    And Malgus is right. Mow them down!

Profile photo of campandpreppioneers
    campandpreppioneers
    Survivalist
    member2

Hi Leopard,

How is things on that side of the world with you and the family? I hope you are staying save. Sorry I haven’t been on line for a while, Been extremely busy setting up the Army Surplus business and had more work to do than I bargained for lol.. Anyway’s I am back now and wish to check in on you all, seeing that your all safe and prepared for any disaster that may strike. I have purchased a great manual online on Growing your own vegetables easily from home,
    Where you are in South Africa with great sunshine I figured you will have more luck than we do here in Ireland so I will upload the manual for free on the prepper’s site for all whom wished to become self reliant and have a steady supply of vegetables from the back of your own garden. The manual will be in pdf format and is a step by step instruction manual. Best of luck guys.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

:) Oh yes, Malgus. Best defense is attack. I’ve been taught to drive. Forward – backwards. If you damage the vehicle the hi-jackers normally do not want it anymore anyway.
    If he is next to you: If you window is open ( for some strange reason – for it should not be) And he points the gun in your face, you lift your hands and tell him you do not not want to fight. Our steering being on the right hand side – you grab the weapon with your left hand preventing the slide to move. And /or you pull his whole hand towards the floor of the passenger seat while you force you body forward, breaking his elbow And you start driving .. not even holding the steeling wheel.
    Hope you guys get the picture. You also need to practice to to disarm someone that is sitting behind you. Take the weapon and shoot him through the seat. There will be more than one attacker. Best to learn all these things before things go bad.

To make things easier you can off cause have your own weapon. Malgus, it seams like the old, very effective comando system is “in place” again. We just call it Community Forum. Mostly in Afrikaans speaking areas, people volunteer to patrol and everybody assist people in need, being it a vehicle accident or attack. The armed response and private security still assist and provide training.

Tweva, I am surviving the economy for now. Clients still paying – but late ! Selling things. Making more good friends in case we do get stuck. Preparing for both somehow. Leaving and staying.
    Campandpreppioneers, I am glad your business is up and growing. That is wonderful. The sun is not shining the way it is supposed to this time of year. But there is enough water and no excuse for fresh veggies.

Profile photo of P1LGR1M
    P1LGR1M
    Survivalist
    member2

Leopard, hope you don’t mind me chiming in here, but this one struck a chord for me.

http://kemptonexpress.co.za/56914/glen-marais-resident-killed-house-robbery/

This happened last night in Kemptonpark, in the suburb next to ours and roughly 2km from me. Our Community Policing Forum (CPF) had a call to action for an unrelated matter very close to this, when the news came through.The suspects were armed with “long guns” and by the description probably R4 or R5 assault rifles, for those that don’t now, these are based on the Galil and used exclusively by our military and police and they “loose” or “misplace” thousands every year.

From what we have been able to gather, the thugs jumped the wall, gained entry into the house and surprised the daughter. She then started screaming and upon hearing this the father came charging at them. The thugs turned and ran out the house and once the father came out they ambushed/shot him, before fleeing.

Now, if only this father had a firearm with him, he could easily have taken them inside the house as he had the element of surprise and then have stayed inside the house and waited for help to arrive as they fled…

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Everybody welcome to post here, P1lgr1m. I am sorry to read this. It tends to hit hard when horrible things like this happens so close to home. Where you are supposed to feel safe from the outside world. Houses and business have been robbed within 2 km radius from my house with those assault rifles as well. It really makes you think..

http://randfonteinherald.co.za/171019/brutal-robbery-leaves-one-dead/#at_pco=cfd-1.0&at_ab=per-15&at_pos=3&at_tot=6&at_si=548dcfe3e1625ae5

“A 39-year-old man was allegedly shot and killed and his wife brutally attacked during a house robbery in Pelzvale, Randfontein on Friday. …the attack was so severe that she only regained consciousness for a short while the next day, in which time she managed to alert neighbours of what happened.She was rushed to a local Hospital where she was treated for severe head and facial injuries”

People should switch the lights off inside the house if their dogs/ robo guards alert them. They should not go outside. I have bought night vision goggles – not the best kind, but it helps. I also put a bulletproof vest on when I hear something. Your weapon, flashlight, house keys and shoes should be within reach when you go to bed. ..My dear friends, I am not a nut job. I am a single mom living in South Africa. Hoping my son will not have to witness his mother being raped and my face smashed to a pulp.
    http://rekordcenturion.co.za/34192/six-mini-substations-vandalised-one-week/ Centurion still under ‘attack’
    People should know that they are really not safe this time of year. Stay alert – even during the day.

http://www.bodyarmour.co.za/civilian.htm

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

What am I missing here? Why so many home invasions instead of just robbing empty houses?

If it were me, I think I’d choose starting over in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, Canada, or the US, even if it meant being poor, over living with the deteriorating situation in SA. Your ancestors had deep roots back in the Netherlands or UK but elected to start over in SA once upon a time because they thought it offered them a better future than not leaving. I know it is not easy to be an immigrant, but the children of all of the European immigrants that I have known, whether the kids were born here or came over as kids, quickly became mainstream Americans. The adult immigrants sometimes had to take a step backwards in their careers before moving forward due to lack of transferable education or limited English skills but they all did OK once they got through an adjustment period.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

MB,
    Part is sport.
    Part is getting even with the whites.

These thugs, they’re animals, there’s no other term for them.
    They run in packs, they do things no person with a conscience would do.

TIA.

The terrorism is part and parcel of many of the tribal cultures, its taught and ingrained into them.

Like everywhere, there are great people black and white.
    These are not examples of them.

Many years ago, a brighter man than I spoke of equality and how and when things should be changed, including a base time frame.
    People didn’t listen, changes were immediate and lethal.
    35 years after the change, zimbabwe is a festering sore, nothing better.
    South Africa is headed down the same cesspool.
    But then so is Chicago and Detroit.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

There is a steady stream of white people leaving the country. A very strong stream of people from the African borders entering South Africa, taking black South Africans jobs and staying. Many Zimbabweans are well spoken, hard workers that do not strike like the locals. Un-employment rate of locals are very high and most people entering try to find accommodation as close as possible to their own people. Neighbourhoods are being taken over by Nigerians, Zimbabweans, Somaline’s, and Chinese… Everybody sticking together to feel safer (the very natural apartheid way)
    I’ve been thinking about white South Africans not leaving the country. Reasons why they might still be here. Even asked myself, family, friends and hear people talking.
    Most people would like to leave but do not know where to and/or how.
    Gauteng, the strongest and smallest province in the country has the highest population and crime rate. Many white people moving towards the Cape Province (like Mosselbaai) and settle there for less money.
    I know of people that battle to sell their properties. If you just leave or rent your property, it gets vandalized. Many people leave without selling. Properties electric cables, geysers, roofs, window frames get stolen and within weeks there are just a few bricks left on top of each other. The owner still being forced to pay high property tax… Renting it out, the better option, you may land up with people not paying rent and claim squatter rights (law in SA)
    Some has got the qualifications or enough money to leave but do not want to leave their family behind.
    And then there is the typical white South African streak -That part of our nature.
    We simply do not give up.

Somewhere in the mixture of our history or family ties to Dutch, German, French…even Spanish sailors we learned to endure hardship. And after many centuries we learned to be patient working with our black South African friends in real African time (very slow)
    We also keep on adapting to our circumstances. It is not fair towards the children and older people to live and die the way they do. Because it might not be their choice to stay. That makes me sad.
    I pray for guidance on how to leave my country.
    Trying not to leave my son at home for too long (with old black lady) I see the red papers marking my property (expect armed resistance). The men on the corner this morning gave me a chill down my spine. The way they looked in the corner of their eye. I phoned and asked the lady to keep all doors locked. I could not shake the feeling and tried to get back home as quickly as possible. When your body reads body language that send adrenalin through your system, you tend to get worried. :)

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Yes Whirlibird, it is part of their nature to be violent.

MountainBiker, white people are attacked and murdered – Not only on farms but at un alarming rate in urban areas. They also kill children and old people that can give very little resistance during their robberies. They are scared of strong white people, because our trained forces used to be very good. Some of them run the minute they find resistance. But most criminals are very experienced, with many years of killing and robbing, not getting caught, it becomes easy.

If you play with the thought more reasons may pop into your head. Three more reasons why some people are not leaving SA. Could be that they believe we might be safer here during Wold War III. I know that people are worried about the countries they are immigrating to. A few people are patriotic. They believe the people leaving are weak. And then there are people that are not aware of what is happening around them until they are a victim themselves.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

There have been no ATM bombings in Gauteng in three weeks ! Haha .. but a trail of bombings all the way to the borders through Mpumalanga and Limpopo.

Other news – A girl in Douglasdale, Jhb, picked up a hand grenade while walking their dogs inside a security complex neighbourhood. Showed her dad when she got home. Asking him if he also thinks it is too heavy for a toy grenade. He got a fairly big fright, handed it in at Douglasdale police station.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ Leopard,

He handed it in?!?

Oh man… I dunno… turning that in would be like finding an egg from the Golden Goose… and then turning it in.

Seems to me, something like that could be downright handy, given the rapidly-deteriorating situation in your country… but then, a flamethrower and air support would be downright handy too..

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

She was righf, it would make an excellent self defense toy. No not a bit too heavy. lol

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hmm, unknown origin, unknown manufacture.
    Heavily illegal…. Yeah, that’s something I want to keep around when I have kids.

Heck what fuze was in it?
    Dirty trick for years has been to swap the fuze on a standard model for one out of a smoke grenade (no delay). You leave it behind for the bad guys to use, when they pull the pin and let the safety arm go, fully expecting 5 seconds before boom, it goes off in their hand.

The gent obviously didn’t have enough experience with them to make an informed decision, he did what was right based on the facts as he knew them.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Heartbroken South Africans can’t get home for Christmas

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/heartbroken-south-africans-cant-get-home-for-christmas/

Hundreds of South Africans, including multiple South African families living in the UK, fell prey to a scam operated by a non-registered travel agent in Polokwane (SA)

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Does South Africa face an electricity grid collapse?

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/does-south-africa-face-an-electricity-grid-collapse/

What causes a grid collapse?
    Can’t SA just turn the power back on?
    How long would the country be in darkness?

Avoiding a grid collapse

“For South Africans currently dealing with load shedding, the prospect of a blackout lasting weeks is frightening. But it seems that a total grid collapse is unlikely at this stage.

“A grid collapse in South Africa now is very unlikely,” said Kenny. “Load shedding prevents it…[U]nfortunately we are going to have load shedding for three years at least.””

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 462 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.