Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Had me reflecting on several things.

Eventually the NYPD Officers killed at Ground Zero.
    And a couple images came back to me, so I found them again.

They mean little unless you understand what they represent.

Smith
    911 revolver

Human nature, some will rise to the occasion.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Aye , But not all .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

That the best you got?

Obviously some don’t rise to the occasion.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

They sing to. Its really weird to listen to it. Mostly yuk yuk yuk kind of laughter. Da brothers. They suck.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    I don’t and wouldn’t disparage the bravery of the men that responded to the Twin Towers. However I’m not certain they knew what was the true danger that lay ahead. Would they go in anyway? Most likely they would. Here is a picture of a bunch of guys facing death in the face. Regular guys off the street, everyday Joe’s doing their job.

[attachment file=”Marines_burrow_in_the_volcanic_sand_on_the_beach_of_Iwo_Jima.jpg”]

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The dead of the WTC finally produced a result we can get behind. America First. But in the meantime how many more have lost legs and lives following blind orders to fight limited wars with barbarian Islamics who are slowly infiltrating sharia law into our country. As Trump says we’ve lost to virtually everyone on the planet in the present era. It has to stop or what difference did it make if all those stupid cops ran into a burning building. They weren’t heroes, they were fools. 15 years later….. Heroes or Fools? the country is finally going to decide.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen,
    They may have been heroes and fools at the same time, or maybe not. But we shouldn’t mix their actions and judgment with the decisions of politicians. They truly thought they would save the lives of others by risking their own. I my view that alone takes some balls. I don’t think the first responders should be judged in a manner like you have. Judging politicians and some others involved is a different matter entirely.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

History will judge 74.

And in the meantime check out the Quantico tv show. The domestic terrorists are shouting “Make America Great Again”. Clips from this are going to be all over the net so it won’t be hard to find.

Not everybody wanted to go to war when Bush took revenge on the taliban. I didn’t. Why the taliban?And to find out now there were secret pages kept out of the 911 report. We were misled and lied to. You can’t deny that 74. Individually or collectively the sheep marched into a war because of the “heroes” of 911. Did they know what they were doing. It’s not really that important. They were used to start a war.

It’s the continuity of time. Events have sorted out in a different way than you imagine. Time has changed perceptions. The political machine lies and always has and always will.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen,
    I’m not defending any politician or person involved with post 9/11. I’m simply saying the guys on the street did what they thought was right at the moment of crisis. A lot of people did and would in the same situation. It was obvious something was wrong the next day when the Saudis escaped via the USA government.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Honor, duty, sacrifice.

No bovine fecal matter arguments.
    No politics.
    No Monday morning quarterbacking.

Just men and women standing up, doing their jobs, knowing they will probably die.

But I guess that these sort of things gets lost nowadays.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Those only are happy who have their minds fixed on some object other than their own happiness: on the happiness of others, on the improvement of mankind, even on some art or pursuit, followed not as a means, but as itself an ideal end. Aiming thus at something else, they find happiness by the way.

(John Stewart Mill)

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Oh I don’t know about that W. The two navy seals did their duty in Benghazi. They’re not forgotten except by our government.

Maybe we need a crusader museum cultural center in Jerusalem to remember 1099. How many died on the walk who knows but 40,000 made it. Definitely a part of western history.

You would think we would have learned how to take real estate and keep it in the last 1000 years.

Yes I’m mocking NYC for letting Muslims build a museum and mosque 2 blocks away from ground zero. Odd btw how a very old Serb church in Manhattan just burned to the ground. Recently restored too.

Oh and 1066, the year of William the conqueror. It took them a bit longer 33 years but they finally got their act together.

Only 15 years for us. America first Right down their smokestacks (an expression Buchanan used in a newspaper article today). Sounds good. JSM would have approved. When the U.S. does a reset. Look out world.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

And between the finger pointing between media -> military, lying by the media to support their candidates, and the cover ups by “journalists” that only push their own agenda we have been led down a path of destruction. This goes back quite a ways. The newest one that I have been pissed off about since I was active duty is the WMD in Iraq. Now the NYT even admits that there were all sorts of chemical weapons found, but they still don’t admit that the 55 gallon drums of nerve agent qualify as a WMD….. Go figure.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html

My fun meter with the media and government cover ups is really pegged at this point. No conspiracy theorist ideals being spewed here, but I no longer believe anything that CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, etc initially report or run as one of their “round table” discussions. It is 100% propaganda. Programming on these stations is just that – programming. They are programming our weak minded society to believe anything that they want.

Now enter the LEO vs the world debate: In my mind it comes down to this =>
    * 99% of all law enforcement agencies are actually revenue generating and designed to generate as much revenue as possible.
    * Those LEO that are stuck in a revenue generating billet are almost always jackasses because their entire life revolves around stealing money from the pockets of others. When they get a chance to NOT be stealing (writing tickets, etc) then they don’t have the training or mind set to actually be a Peace Officer rather than a Law Enforcement Officer. This isn’t their fault, but the fault of those that have stuck them in this situation.
    * “My baby didn’t do nut-tun” is a total BS exaggeration of the truth. If you dress like a gangster, are a known law breaker, get violent with a cop or make a nuisance of yourself just to “stick it to the man” then expect to get your arse handed to you.
    * When these people ran INTO the towers to help and lost their lives, they did something remarkable. They bought into the whole drama of being a selfless civil servant that risks their life for others. Instead of following the first rule I was taught in both paramedic and fire fighting rookie school (Don’t become a victim – you can’t help anyone else if you are get hurt), they became a number on a memorial. Personally, if it was family or one of my Marines that was in there then I would have risked my life. For some ******** that will probably sue me for “save rape,” hell no…… Why did these EMS and LEO personnel do it if it actually went against their training? I always question that…..
    * Many LEO are actually Peace Officers that are stuck in a society in turmoil. Are they hard to find? Yes. Are there exceptions? Yes, such as these questions: Do the LAPD from the 1980’s deserve to get their rear ends whooped with barb wire quirks? Probably 99% of them do. How about NYPD? Probably the same. Do the OR state patrol, sheriff dept folks and government agents that murdered Lavoy Finicum need to be publicly executed? Possibly to send a message to the government. Do the thousands of other LEO that punch a clock and don’t realize that they are doing more harm than good need to be beat on the head to wake up? Possibly that as well. Is it a tough job that very few want because of the way it changes you? Yes. Should we at least not make their job harder so we don’t get tasered and maced? Hell yeah. It all comes down to NOT being an arsehole and get a good lawyer – You can have all the justice you can afford……

Whirli:
    Regarding your images-
    The loss of so many idealist people that thought that they were making a difference is truly what bothers me most. These people left their families without and alone. I am not sure what is the bigger tragedy, honestly. Is the bigger tragedy the loss of life, the fact that these people gave their own life to save a stranger, the fact that these people gave up their lives to become martyrs for a government that doesn’t care, or is it that these people left their family with an emotional scar that will never heal and only festers more over time? It is a tragedy all around that is made worse by the fact that our government gained huge strides in turning us back into subjects rather than citizens by dancing on the graves of these poor souls.

(pushed the soap box back under my desk)

http://ageofdecadence.com

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Profile photo of sledjockey sledjockey.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.