August 12, 2018 at 1:06 pm #70776
Problem is, Tolik, with polls showing an increasing (and significant) number of our younger adult population favoring socialism, enlistment goals being achieved in the military even without a draft, and an education system that has left two or more entire generations without a clue what the alternatives are (i.e. what constitutional government really looks like, and what capitalism really looks like, and what the inside of a church really teaches, not to mention the watered down version actually taught inside too many churches today – with those conditions (combined with the conditioning that has been demonstrably effective), just what do two generations have to fall back on when they realize they’ve been scammed? They wouldn’t really know what it is they should fight for and attempt to put in place as an alternative. And certainly a mass government education program to set things right ain’t gonna happen. This isn’t the days of Kennedy’s nationwide physical fitness campaign, or the days of the American Freedom Train touring the country (look that one up – I’ll bet very few even here have any idea what that even was, or what it was about).
The basic principle in nature that nature abhors a vacuum is true in far more than just air pressure differential. You can’t fix anything by simply eliminating it. Take it away, and the easiest replacement will rush in. There is no strong core belief system to rush in and replace our current state of affairs even if we could suddenly eliminate the status quo. So the kiddies (up through age 50 for the most part) might finally be running around offing the pig, but they really don’t know what to do once the pig is offed, and they sure as heck ain’t likely to be listening to us old guys and gals about the replacement plan….
Realism may justify pessimism. But it doesn’t have to include depression or despair. That individual and personal choice can’t be externally controlled. While I don’t look forward to it, and personally hope it doesn’t come, I can still envision going down with a smile on my face, knowing my personal integrity is still intact in the end. I worry about my grand and great grand kids. But that’s where the Serenity Prayer kicks in. Still practicing….August 12, 2018 at 4:52 pm #70778
Right now the best thing a person can due is be vocal and oppose the agenda of the left when ever someone on the left is pushing a falsehood.
Nobody should be involved in John Brown type activities that gain them legal problems. Just as in the war of the state’s, battles are joined at the federal level and the outcome in DC will signal what is required at home.
August 13, 2018 at 3:21 am #70780
- This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by 74.
This isn’t the days of Kennedy’s nationwide physical fitness campaign, or the days of the American Freedom Train touring the country (look that one up – I’ll bet very few even here have any idea what that even was, or what it was about).
While I was in the third grade, in San Bernardino, we learned about it, off and on for a week or so, then one day, went a short distance through town by bus, to see, and walk through, the Freedom Train(!) I remember seeing (under glass) copies of the Constitution, Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation, and what was purported to be the “Golden Spike,” driven ceremoniously to celebrate the joining of rail lines from East and West, at Promontory Summit, Utah, together with the silver railroad hammer allegedly used to drive it. We also learned the first stanza of a jazzy tune (written, as it turns out, by Irving Berlin, sung by Bing Crosby and played — often — on network radio stations.) :p
Other than the experience of walking slowly through those display cars, my memory of that brief tour is somewhat vague. I believe it was Spring, 1948, since we were past the midpoint of that school year. I do recall that a lot of the classroom “lesson” concerned the recently created United Nations organization, and the “happy” prospects that through US membership, “we” (the USA) would soon be bringing the wonders of “Freedom” to the rest of the benighted world. I realize now (as I mostly missed, as a seven-year old) it was just one of many school indoctrination campaigns to promote Globalism, and wars that politicians had no intention to win.
Cry, "Treason!"August 13, 2018 at 6:42 am #70781
Sorry to “pile on,” but just ran across these audio clips which offer at least some well considered thoughts on the nature of what intangible, yet wicked, thing may be coming:
Part 1 (10:15) —the rest is commercial
Part 2 (8:03)
(Hat tip for part 2: SurvivalBlog)
Seems too close a possibility to just rule out. How say you?
Cry, "Treason!"August 13, 2018 at 12:33 pm #70782
Along those lines I see amazing parallels to the last 500 years of Rome. This book lays it out.
The Fall of the Roman Empire A New History of Rome and the Barbarians PETER HEATHER
The current situation with cities and states ignoring federal laws is a perfect example of the dissolution coming and a parallel of Rome.August 13, 2018 at 3:40 pm #70783
… just ran across these audio clips which offer at least some well considered thoughts on the nature of what intangible, yet wicked, thing may be coming …
Nice find, LT. I found that discussion quite interesting as well. Here are some of my first impressions and thoughts:
1. Degrading of the concept of citizenship → loss of pride in citizenship → evaporation of identity as a nation.
2. George Wallace gave probably the simplest sound-byte explanation of the concept of the “elite” when he gave us his “dime’s worth of difference” explanation of the so-called 2-party system. They’re merely two sides of the same coin.
3. The “coming apart” of the unified core beliefs is being seen already in the U.S. As pointed out, there’s no longer any sense of “we’re all still Americans in the end,” and therefore there will/can be no resolution, at least under the Constitution as a base.
4. They use the term “regicide” toward the end of part 1, and several times in part 2. I would argue that the first instance of regicide was JFK – a real, coordinated plot to do what this “free” nation considers almost unthinkable: taking down of THE symbol of American government – the President. Unlike in the 1960s and for decades beyond, today it is being done openly – the media isn’t even attempting to cover it up, whereas they “failed” to investigate all the anomalies that quickly came out after Kennedy’s assassination (apparently coordinated and seemingly deliberate degrading of security on the day of the assassination, credible reports of different calibers of bullets, autopsy report and photograph “changes,” the “pristine bullet” claims, etc). The media (referring to it as a single monolithic entity, because it is) is merely “coming out” today, even though it has operated in the same mode for decades, and more likely well over a century.
5. The fact (looping back to item 3 above) that the civil war is already clearly in progress and it seems almost inconceivable that a single candidate from either party can be found around whom the nation could largely come together. Of course the two parties have carefully and strongly woven a safety net that disallows any “3rd party” from gaining sufficient votes to win an election.
6. Now I have to diverge from the theme of a “civil war.” It served its excellent purpose for setting up or framing their arguments – all excellent. But in reality, it isn’t really a civil war. It is no longer a well defined side-against-side “event.” What does it mean to be “Republican” or “Democrat,” for example? While many may still vote for their respective parties, I’m finding increasingly larger numbers of people that openly declare themselves “independent” but still voting “with” their former parties at election time for little more than to keep the other “side” from gaining even more power, as they see it. In reality, there is so much divergence of belief and opinion, with so very little educated thought behind those opinions, and it’s becoming so much more openly hostile, I see it much more as the somewhat earlier stages of anarchy.
So the idea that we could exist in this state for perhaps hundreds of years doesn’t seem entirely far fetched. But it may be much more limited than that, unlike the Roman Empire. The difference is that travel and weaponry could easily limit the length of the “internal” conflict with China, Iran, NoKo, Russia, and perhaps others coming onto the scene, all having designs on filling the vacuum once the $US finally tanks. The relative (and that term is critical to understand) strength of the $US is not a reflection of an inherent strength and superiority of the United States as a world power. It is merely a reflection of the fact that other currencies reflect even greater weaknesses and risks within their own respective countries (case in point right now – Turkey, and its effect on both the $US as well as gold).
Yep – fundamental evil has taken its toll, and appears to be in the latter stages of winning. My signature block, as mentioned before, has one of the most powerful (and relevant) quotes I’ve ever found when it comes to the state of affairs in the U.S.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.