Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of osagemarine
    osagemarine
    Survivalist
    member3

Don’t get me wrong, there are good instructors out there who have real military credentials. Like I said, interview them and then use google, face book, and what ever else you like to see if their story makes sense.

Profile photo of TK556
    TK556
    Survivalist
    member2

osagemarine – you are absolutely right about shooting in unusual positions!! +1!! When I was a grunt, I ended up badly pinned-down on a hillside with my guys, on my back, holding my m16 up over me, blind-firing uphill at two dug-in belt-fed MG’s. After, one of the guys said I had knocked-out one of them that way. Go figure. I talked to one man that said the port-fire weapons (M231?) issued to Bradley crews were absolutely hell on wheels when they cleared trenches in Iraq (Desert Storm 1). He just worked his way down the trench ’til he got fire, backed-up, then stuck that little thing around the corner and emptied it once or twice. Problem solved.

I would also recommend learning how to shoot and reload one-handed. We were taught that at the Corrections Academy when I went through. I wish I had learned it years ago. Not only does it force you to THINK with a weapon in your hand, it greatly boosts your confidence in your ability too handle any situation

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Good points TK556.

People very often imagine gunfight like shooting at the range, in control environment, peaceful and casual. Shooting “over the wall” with your weapon sticking or blind firing is usual in gunfight, that is the one reason why I often said that you need a lot ammo for the SHTF.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

TK556 I will start learning how to reload one-handed, never done this. I have shoot one handed but never reloaded one handed. There is a lot to think about.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.