Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes Gypsy, but cold weather clothing! Here in Florida we do no need clothing! it is to hot.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

For shoe laces get something called Iron lace http://www.ironlace.ca/Products i have had one set through  three sets of  hiking boots,  a friend has gone through 2 sets of work boots as a surveyor same laces.

Any type of water purification tabs

Batteries everything runs on them, even the ability to  recharge them.

Blacksmithing  for tools and repairs

alcohol is simple to make http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-still/ get a few candy thermometers to know when it changes  from methanol to ethanol. methanol is useful so long as you dont drink it. Ethyl alcohol produces Iodoform(CHI3),a yellow crystalline solid with Iodine and NaOH.Methyl alcohol does not respond this test.

Canning jars with tattler lids, this is a trade with friends so you can get back lids and jars so you can reuse. Tattler are teflon reusable lids.

Lighters and refill ability, made a butane recharger for lighters  that fits on to a big butane tank.

freeze dried antibiotics and baclostatic water and hypodermics.

Ability to  work leather and tan hides with  brain tanning  skill. if o skill you can still sell strips/pieces

Doctor skills, along with salves and tinctures

Plastic rolls and  bags of 6 mill or higher

Toilet paper, wet wipes, diapers reusable rash creme , i would never sell the condoms too many uses for those things.

Diatomaceous earth

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>
    Jeff, I am not sure if the government will ever be fast, if 25% of the country goes down they do not have or build the transformers. One of the big transformers are built in Germany and they take a year to build and ship. so if 10 go down and if they put an order for ten even if they built them all at the same time it would take a year. We have never have 25% of the Country down so I am not sure if they can handle that. They have a hard time dealing with one State not 10 to 15 States. It can be 75 million people!

in my area we have a back order of 15, 000 units and only have now 1200 or so available for right now. we are not in good shape  due to budget cuts one small solar flare  from  black out with no way to cope.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

SharpDog, you need to be careful with the ammo and weapons because they may use them on you if they know what you have.

Everybody needs to be very careful when trading any item, not only weapon. Being something like “famous trader” or “man who have everything for trade” may be good in some organized SHTF community, in small town for example.
    But in real urban SHTF scenario, you need to be trader without letting folks know that you have stuff for trade. It sounds weird, but you need to more or less hide that info, using the for example middle man for trade (or more of them), not using your home for trade, hiding it actually, trading things only in small amounts etc.

It all goes in “low profile” policy.

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.