Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

No, it’s not named after a cat…

And RGR, its a Suomi M31. The Finns decommissioned their K31 submachine guns. Someone over here bought a bunch of them, refitted them with carbine-length barrels and made them Semi-Only. They still take the 30-something round stick mags and 76 round drums…

I bought mine for a couple hundred bucks. Sourced a half dozen drum mags and a dozen stick mags. Replaced the sling (unlike the M31, the issue sling is chintzy) with a nice leather sling from a German MP40… works fine. A Thompson SMG mag bag (for the stick mags) holds 8 of the M31 mags. A musette bag for the drum mags and remaining stick mags. Been thinking of taking a risk on the mag pouches made for the MP40… if my mags wont fit it, then I’m out some cash until I can unload it on someone who actually needs it. The Finns didn’t have dedicated mag pouches… they used some cobbled together bag-like thing with buckles and straps…. I bought one and was so baffled by it, I chucked it in the corner and haven’t touched it since…

They’re heavy, but because of the wood-and-steel construction, recoil is zero. Plus, with that kind of beef, you can bash the **** out of someone and the little M31 will shrug it off… plasticky carbines can’t do that… well, I suppose you could bash someone once with one… once…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wow! nice, great looking.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Free,

Thanks, but I made an error. It’s a 72 round drum, a 36 round stick mag… I reversed it. Said 32 and 76…

Current prices are between $400 and $500… mags, both drum and stick, don’t seem to be an issue… ’bout 50 bucks for a drum mag, maybe 20 bucks for a stick mag. I think Gun Parts Corp has the stick mags…

Here’s a nice one… brand new. Start bid is $479. Buy it now is $510.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=430549148

Oh, if any of you all do end up getting one of these, stay away from the “Coffin” stick mags. From what I understand, these mags are a result of the Finns trying to come up with a way to cram more bullets into a stick mag. They’re rare, but they are also finicky and sort of fragile. The only ones interested in them are collectors. The standard 36 round stick mags are way more robust and are very well made. Make sure you get the ones with the finger loops still attached. Easier to get out of a mag bag or mag pouch…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

prefer 9mm for two reasons ,
    1. holds more ammo
    2 . my girl has no problem shooting it .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, I think that’s a good reason. My wife and son can shoot them. Anything larger is not easy for them.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Carrying the largest caliber you can handle effectively is a common recommendation from instructors and vets alike.

Nobody ever wished for less bb’s in a gunfight.
    Or a smaller gun.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes agree, I carry a .357 right now but will be buying a .45 but the wife and son(14 years old) can handle the .380 and 9mm.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Suomi! Nice…

Thanks Malgus! I could not figure that one out for the life of me.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.