Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a great article, below I have copied the best part so if you do not have the time to read all of it.

“A modern take on a classic

Modern sporting rifles, or MSRs, are what gun-control proponents deceptively term “assault rifles.” Although an MSR is virtually the exact same gun as any other semiautomatic rifle on the market — including hunting rifles, which critics say they’re not going after — the fact they’re clad in scary-looking accessories like barrel shrouds and extended grips and magazines, and have folding stocks allows opponents to demonize them for belonging to an especially dangerous category of weapons.

But they’re quite similar to hunting rifles: They use the same ammunition; they have the same firepower; and you can fire only one bullet with each trigger pull, just like with hunting rifles. It’s because they’re tactically colored and look like military weapons that people not familiar with them think they pose a heightened risk.”

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/09/24/smith-wessons-most-popular-rifle-has-a-big-problem.aspx?source=yahoo-2-news&utm_campaign=article&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=yahoo-2-news&yptr=yahoo

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Read about this a while back, and I will say that more information is needed before a blanket condemnation happens.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Your having a good day if you have an AK , and your best pal is your FAL .
    You couldnt get me drunk enough at the bar to make me buy an AR

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Excellent, more AR’s for me.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

What ? after reading the article it all sounds like a rumor by some anti gun nut. Not enough info.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Remember hat this not about an AR15, but a dedicated .22 styled after the AR15.

Conversions for the AR15 are notoriously finicky, and that’s using good parts and ammo. While technically not a conversion, the similarities are there.

Many moons ago I ran a Colt conversion in an XM177 clone. Thanks to the slime bill it was a 10 round mag only, and back then spares were more than difficult to find. The Black Dog mags weren’t even a dream yet.

However to this day, I wish I had held onto that unit, temperamental and liking only premium ammo, it ran well when fed right. And was decently accurate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.