Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

With no offense intended toward our German friends here, this article is a fascinating look at some clever deeds done in resistance during the last World War, and also the resourcefulness and ingenuity it took to live defiantly. 2 pages.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21029_6-unexpected-things-i-learned-resisting-nazis-in-wwii.html

Profile photo of Kollaps
    Kollaps
    Survivalist
    member3

Love Cracked! Thanks Anika!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

That was a great read!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

This is very cool , because it reminds me of family history . I had an uncle that I never met ( he was killed a few years after the war ) , he was an aircraft mechanic , I had no idea we did this , but his job was to drop behind enemy lines , and repair downed allied aircraft for recovery .
    What they did , was drop a small mechanic crew to the location , then when it was ready to be recovered , they would drop an aircrew to fly it out . My mom gave me some of his USAAF field reports to read , very cool stuff , almost like a movie .

One was about fixing up a B-24 , there were two that went down in the same area , and he was using one for parts , the whole time he was there , the Yugoslavian Partizans were providing him with food , shelter , and protection . The aircraft he was working on was almost ready to fly out , when the partisans told him the Germans had discovered the activity , and were on their way . They loaded the bomb bay with a drum of fuel and blew it up , so it would not fall into enemy hands intact . The reports end there . I would be curious about how he and his crew made their way back .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Last line from “Force 10 From Navarone:

But before we can start awarding ourselves Victoria Crosses and Congressional Medals of Honor and so on and so forth and such like… I think I’d better point out that one, we’re now on the wrong side of the river. That two, we have no hope whatsoever of rejoining the partisans. That three, this neck of the woods will soon be crawling with very bad-tempered Germans. And that four, I don’t think our little genius Sergeant Miller there has even got a box of matches left in his suitcase. And so I think we can take it, gentlemen, that we’re going to have a very long walk home.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.