Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of skidmark
    skidmark
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Call me skidmark – with a small /s/. It’s a long story – all you need to know is it has nothing to do with my underwear or bad driving.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I probably started as a kid who lived out of a suitcase (travelling with my family) and just never realized that was what to call it till all the cool kids started using those names. Now that I’m olderr than dirt and more busted and broken than most 3-year-old’s toys I need a way to stick around through the easy stuff (power outages, economic downturn,etc.) to see what the fun stuff will look like.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I’m sort of isolated and pretty much limited on who I can or will count on for assistance. I’m too old and tired to bug out so I’m bugginjg in. If necessary I’ll play rear guard for some folks. Before it gets to that point I’m interested in not getting caught up in the looting, and certainly not in sitting in the dark just twiddling my thumbs.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

I’m not interested in preserving civilizatioon as we know it. Not sure what we have ought to be preserved anyway. And I’m definately not going to repopulate whatever post-TEOTHAWKI there is. I would like to be around to help guiide whatever there is beyond Thunderdome towards something a little better.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“They can kill us, but they can’t eat us.” That works for pretty much anything on two legs. As for the things with four legs – they will most likely spit me out as to bitter. The other thing that has kept me going all these years is: “Once you learn how to fake sincerity, the rest is all downhill.”

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

It depends – am I dying because of old age or is something/someone trying to kill me? If the former I’ve probably made my peace with those that I needed to and arranged for those I leave behind, so not much needs to be said. If the latter, it probably will not be repeatable in polite society.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hello Skidmark. Thanks for sharing about yourself and your perspective on the world. I suspect your stories would make a book. Hope to hear a few of them on here. Welcome

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here skidmark!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome skidmark.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Occam
    Occam
    Survivalist
    member2

Lol. I like the name.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hey skidmark, and welcome to the boards!

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome skidmark. It sounds as though your thoughts on bugging in and waiting in the dark are similar to mine.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

skidmark,
    Thank you for sharing your perspective. You would make a valuable team member in a grid down scenario.
    I pray that you will find others where you live that you can trust to form a team with, if that’s something you desire.
    Glad to have you here! I’m excited to hear more of your wisdom.
    Hannah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.