Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I will post in this thread whenever we update the website or server. Please get in touch with us here or at mail@shtfschool.com whenever you experience any problems with the website.

Updates:

• 23/04/2014: Moved some website assets to a content distribution network (that means the site should load a bit faster at some places, especially outside of the US after the changes come into effect in the next 24 hours).
    • 24/04/2014: Visual redesign, added visual text editing for replies and new topics. Added new views panel for all posts since last visit.
    • 28/04/2014: Private messages added, please reupload your user profile picture, group feature added but still currently in testing
    • 29/04/2014: Added the Forum Dashboard and Help Menu in the sidebar
    • 01/06/2014: Disabled the visual editor due to HTML encoding problems.

Todo List:

• Misc. improvements

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Jay, thank you for adding the ability to see topics that have new posts since the last time visited.

I want to ask if it’s possible to improve on this by having a button to push that will take the member to the first post made in a thread since their last visit? As it stands I must go to the last post and scroll backwards (possibly over a couple of pages if it’s a busy thread) until I find it.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

This isnt possible right now and I doubt I get to find a solution to do this in the near future because it would mean a lot of changes to the system.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks for the improvements to the site Jay. Appreciated- makes it easier.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Working on the Forum Dashboard and added the Help Menu in the sidebar (it will disappear after a user has a certain amount of posts or for example change their profile picture).

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I disabled the visual editor due to HTML encoding problems.

Click here to learn how to create lists, headlines and more formatting options with the regular editor.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Jay how to upload a video- I took film of the stealth walking class and will try to edit it sometime in the next…ummm…whenevr I can but then how to upload. Is probably easy I haven’t tried yet.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

You can just put it on youtube and then copy and paste the youtube link. Nothing else needed. Have a look at this:

The video shows up like this:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.