Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #10594
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

    From Outdoor LIfe - I thought this was tricky and useful

     

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #10598
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

    Pretty cool. Lol I can just imagine someone jumping out of their skin when it goes off. Hmmmmmm gives me a great idea for practical joke. I won’t tell them I learned it from you…..promise :)

    #10603
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

    tweva, I like it! Only one problem! My MoJo would set it off all the time!!

    Look at him here! http://gobuydomains.com/MoJo.JPG

    #10605
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

    He’s adorable Freedom – is he a sheepdog sort? Big guy! But, you will probably have him inside when SHTF anyway!

    #10606
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

    He is a Golden Doodle. A Golden Retriever with a Standard Poodle. He is a big baby boy just turned 7 months old!

    #10609
    Profile photo of 74
    74
    Survivalist
    rnews

    Freedom,

    I’d say you have a good alarm already. Just don’t let him lick the intruder to death.

    #10613
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

    Yes I know that maybe the problem! But he will be a good alarm.

    #10615
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

    1974, I will have to store a lot of food for him which I am starting to do. He will be about 65 to 70 pounds once he is a year old. He is smart.
    <div id=”stcpDiv” style=”position: absolute; top: -1999px; left: -1988px;”>1974</div>

    #10646
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

    Actually not bad idea. Lot of the traps in hard times are there only to warn you, and scare intruder (by letting him know that you are aware of his presence), that alone was good thing.

    Most simplest traps was ordinary wire, that suppose to trip the attacker. There is option of adding cans for alarm, or sticks, glass and similar for more serious means.

    #10655
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

    I have read that breaking glass bottles all around your house yard will make the noise in the night to wake you up if someone is in your yard.

    #10659
    Profile photo of lci115lewis
    lci115lewis
    Survivalist
    member3

    My parents used to have a 2 stage alarm, the Chihuahuas barking when someone came on the property would wake up the old Rottweiler they had. Now they have a young Rottie that hears better than the Chihuahuas.

    My little sister has been trying to train her Rotties to smile on command, and people who don’t know Rotties don’t know that they “purr” when they are happy, sounds very similar to a growl from most other dogs. They are very smart dogs.

    Rob

    #10666
    Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

    Very good idea, thanks for sharing.

    Reminds me of something I read: a very loud, continuous noise is something criminals don’t like. It draws too much attention. Usually it is enough to make them leave your house,

     

    #10667
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

    A good dog will do it 90% of the time and the other 10% will be the sound of a shot gun!

    #10669
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

    dakota alert http://dakotaalert.com/

     

    the vehicle ones are good for  the road to the house.

    trip wires to flare tube works well too

    then using soft dirt or sand  so that some one prowling will leave a foot mark and not notice

    #10676
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

    Our group will use “Spyder” fishing line. In 15 or 30 lb test it will be used to trigger different alarms. The first type of alarm is a bag of cans/bottles with gravel inside. The fishing line is almost invisible. Second alarms are pits with punjii sticks. After that comes the stuff to knock people down. 12volt lights with motion sensors are around the buildings pointing out.

    and 2 75lb dogs!!

     

    Robin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.