Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

My son & I are going to pay the 200 stamp tax for silencers. We believe they will be invaluable for defence & hunting.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

They provide a tremendous tactical advantage in a grid down world. Sure wish we could legally own them here in Canada.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

They can be very helpful, fun and maybe even worth the ATF looking into you.

A site to read that may also prove educational if you decide not to go the ‘can’ route or for those behind the ‘curtain’.

http://www.guns.connect.fi/gow/arcane1.html

Be sure to read all three parts.
    Very educational.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Just do your research , some really are not all that quiet …….its not like the movies . Another thing you might consider to cut down on the intrusive process , is to register it in a trust , your family members could be the trust .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think the trust has problems now due to a PEO (Presidential Executive Order)
    Been looking them over for a while. Not many have real data for db reductions. Most likely will go with 308 cans becuase they are bigger = quieter. Then they can be used for 308 thru 5.56.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats a good idea , then you only need one or two , then just get every 30 cal weapon you have drilled to use it .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974t150v, I just see one problem, this is the Government will know who has one because they are registered and will come to your door when the SHTF and then may ask which type of guns to you own.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    In Pennsylvania they will not be coming to ask about guns, I’m not worried about LEO’s. 250,000 people 5 miles from my house. They are a concern, they will keep every LOE still alive busy.

When SHTF most LOE’s will be busy trying to protect their own families and will not be driving around looking for trouble.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Crap , registered or not , they cant get what they cant find , I had a really bad hunting/ fishing trip last week ….all my guns fell overboard when we were crossing the lake ……………..I dont have them anymore …..wink wink .

Stars & Bars !

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

get a threaded nut that fits into an oil filter its not perfect but impossible to detect before you attach

depends on how many rounds you will be shooting suppressed

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Oil filter adapter, not a good idea for a number of reasons.

If you’re gonna do it, do it right.

Profile photo of Burnside3006
    Burnside3006
    member1

I have a 9mm suppressor and it’s awesome. It’s true that it isn’t totally silent but for use without hearing protection and for use indoors or around other shooters its advantageous. Even not being totally suppressed, by hiding the distinctive report of a gunshot can allow you to be more discreet and draw less attention to yourself. (Was that a gunshot? Or a Firework? Or a car backfire?)

One of my cohorts has several suppressors and the .22 cal suppressor is the most quiet I have heard. Plus its compatible straight across between rifles and pistol with that threading.

I’d say if you have the means it’s worth it. Consider multiple platform and caliber applications which may require some new muzzle breaks and getting barrels thread but it gives you those options.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.