Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I found this article on Off Grid Survival. The number are looking bad.

http://offgridsurvival.com/record-number-unemployed/

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Here in my region unemployment is from 40-50%, and worsening.You can feel hopelessness and quiet rage.
    One day when erupts it is gonna be very bad.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Selco, The U. S. is getting closer to erupt into a SHTF. It will only take 1 to 3% increase in the interest rate and inflation will go though the roof, food prices will go so high. The Dollar is only being held up by the printing of dollars.

Like I always tell everyone that doesn’t see it, the numbers don’t add up!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I saw something a week ago that I found very unsettling, I was driving on a State highway between two towns and was at a spot where there is a small paved area adjacent to the roadway. Sometimes I see trucks pulled over there but this time there was a single car with a blanket spread out on the pavement with several young kids that looked like they were playing a game of some sort, while an older kid was holding up a sign that said “Items for Sale”. This was a family trying to have a tag sale of some sort on a reasonably well traveled road. I got a sense that this family was desperate and were trying to sell a few household items. All I could think at the time is this a harbinger of things to come? I suppose it was the young kids there that troubled me, putting a face on what’s happening in the economy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, In the city I am seeing a lot of this. I am also seeing more women asking for handouts which I never saw before. If there is a Financial Collapse these people will not make it. I see more and more people out in the street.

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

I was talking of this very thing with a friend today. Right now I barely have two nickles to rub together and he isn’t in much better shape as far as money goes. What we are going to do is start planning for more teamwork and support for when the SHTF. We each have things the other doesn’t and we intend on capitalizing that. I know it will not be easy for us but, I lived with next to nothing as a kid and I know I can do it again if I have to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.