Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

RGR,

Reloading gear need not be pricey or bulky. You can carry all the reloading stuff you need in a small to medium sized gym bag. Yeah, it’s all hand-operated single stage stuff, but it makes ammo. Good ammo.

Go with a Lee Handloader. Spend the money to get carbide dies – don’t really need lube that way, so if you run out, no bigs… for rifle, make sure you get a 3 die set that has the crimp die included.

http://leeprecision.com/breech-lock-hand-press-kit.html

Back in “the before time”, reloading rigs were even smaller, to fit in saddle bags and such… The Lyman 310 tool. They’re all over FeeBay and yes, someone is still making dies for it. Make your reloading kit even smaller.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I won’t get windy on this or too involved, but you are essentially correct…

While it is true that our right to own firearms has been written into our Constitution, that is on the edge of the cliff, so to speak. Since the early 1930′s, efforts have been made – constantly – to limit or outright nullify that right. 1934, 1968, 1989, 1991… all these years have one thing in common – they are all years where our own government has tried to either outlaw firearms or tax them into nonexistence. Back in the 1920′s, it was a very different story. A man could own whatever his heart desired. Literally.

Now, thanks to nonstop attacks from the Left (and some from the right), what we have left is tenuous, at best. Our gun police – the BATF (also known as “F Troop” or “BAT-****”) – have constantly reinterpreted their own regulations for the sole purpose of denying the free citizens of this country their rights. Owners of firearms have been demonized in the press – are demonized – on a daily basis.

It goes way deeper than that, but think of it this way:

On one side, you have gun owners and the Constitution.

On the other, there’s an alliance of the anti-gun Press, various anti-gun groups, anti-gun Senators and Congressmen, anti-gun Billionaires like Bloomberg, Soros, even the current President… our opponents are many, they are well-funded, they are well-connected and they DO NOT go away or give up… they keep hammering at us, nonstop. They lie, they cheat, they obfuscate, they even completely make **** up just to try and sway public opinion against us. It is even widely suspected that certain high-profile killings have been false flags engineered by our own government as an excuse to take our firearms away – or at least legislate them out of existence… “Gunrunner” being only one example.

So, we sort of have the right to own firearms… for now…

Yep, I understand that there is “movement” that trying simply to “demonize” possession of firearms, to somehow prove to the folks that “no guns mean no problems”.

But I think it not gonna work simply because yo have LONG tradition of what I call RIGHT to that (protection, owning weapon etc.)
    It is became your right long time ago, and I think there is no some way to take that from you without huge mess.

You see one of the reasons why I have gone trough hell is fact that for years they told us that we (common folks, civilians) do not need to be armed, because there are law to protect us, government, our military and all that. And when SHTF people simply were unarmed, great majority.

You are in advantage there.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Yes we are. I think that the way the citizenry reacted at the first signs of confiscation in Conn. forced them to put the breaks on for a while. The state police and governor there received a message from the people there: Come and take them. I honestly think they weren’t expecting this and they’re trying to figure out what to do next. Meanwhile, the rhetoric continues. I think they know it can’t be done by force…. so they’re going to do it through ‘re-education.’ Kids in school now are taught that guns are bad, that the government is always good, and that nobody needs a gun ‘except for hunting.’

I fear that 40 years from now the number of people who support the 2nd amendment will be very limited.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

WhiteKnight wrote:

I fear that 40 years from now the number of people who support the 2nd amendment will be very limited.

We don’t have 40 years. I seriously doubt we even have 4 years!
    When the SHTF, everyone will be 2A supporters, and that will carry through for another one hundred years. IMO…

But barring a major event, (but which is inevitable)
    Your theory makes a lot of sense. They could “re-educate” everyone.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Yes we are. I think that the way the citizenry reacted at the first signs of confiscation in Conn. forced them to put the breaks on for a while. The state police and governor there received a message from the people there: Come and take them. I honestly think they weren’t expecting this and they’re trying to figure out what to do next.

Again, I am talking from my point of view here, I think it can not be done by force, no way, simply they would lose that fight. It can be done by years and years of indoctrination (yea, I understand they doing that too) that citizens simply do not need to have weapons. It is slow process, years and years.
    As I mention I lived in society like that, but it took time.

And there is no any more time for that circus. So I think they lost the fight.

Profile photo of Glockerman
    Glockerman
    Survivalist
    member2

Re-education is very much real. Just look at the complaints about inaccuracies and blatant misinformation in the common core curriculum. They teach that for defense purposes by militia, the people can have guns. They paint the executive branch in a positive/helpful light. Education has gone downhill. In another generation, the original intent of the Bill of Rights will have been re-educated away.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

+1 for SELCO!

No time for re-education, before SHTF.
    But they must go on, as if they have time, or people would KNOW something is up! I think the .gov knows SHTF is very very close…

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I know it always seems like it the SHTF is close, yet the Titans of Wall St and DC have been remarkably adept at keeping their ponzi schemes going. They can’t do it forever but it is hard to say how much longer they can. The larger question maybe whether it is an ongoing slow grind downward such as we have seen or there is a sudden jolt. Of course that is just coming at this from the perspective of the economy. There is as well the possibility of WWIII or similar calamity.

Profile photo of patjoe
    patjoe
    Survivalist
    member2

Marjory Wildcraft wrote an article called “The 5 Red Flags of Imminent Collapse: http://disasterandemergencysurvival.com/archives/5-red-flags-of-imminent-collapse-be-aware-of-the-warning-signs
    1) Interest rates on US Treasuries go up steeply, and/or suddenly
    2) Price of oil goes above $120/barrel
    3) Food Prices Predict Rioting And Civil Breakdown
    4) Category 5 hurricane hits Texas City/Houston area (where the oil refineries are)
    5) EMP Disaster

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.