Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Miami-Dade Police Urge Residents To Arm Themselves After Possible Budget Cuts”. An other city with a funding problem cutting police presence.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/miami-dade-police-urge-residents-arm-themselves-after-possible-budget-cuts

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Interesting…

The police, who have no duty to protect you, are now telling folks to arm up and defend themselves… most probably in an effort to embarrass Mayor Carlos Gimenez and his budget cuts…

Mr. Rivera, president of the Miami-Dade Police Benevolent Association, knows that the sheeple have been conditioned to rely on the police for “protection” – conditioned as thoroughly as Pavlov’s Dog. I don’t think Mr. Rivera is acting out of a new-found sense of altruism. I think he’s relying on the possible hue and cry of the sheeple “without protection” to leverage the Mayor to reverse his present decision on budget cuts…

Personally, I feel every citizen is responsible for their own protection, and our laws should encourage and reflect that sentiment… the cops are real good at showing up after the fact, taking pictures, talking to people to get information, etc. “Protection”? Not so much…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, agree with you 100%. But it is happening in other cities as well, even Detroit.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Big city fiscal problems certainly are an indicator of the path that we are on but for sure Mr. Rivera is speaking out of self interest and not because he is concerned about public safety.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Chicago seems to be leading the way for shtf. The mayor wants federal help enforcing state and local laws. Of course the action is aimed at the 2adm not current criminals or the human poverty mills.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/10/amid-gangland-shootings-chicago-leaders-call-for-federal-resources/?intcmp=latestnews

Profile photo of Vadim
    Vadim
    Survivalist
    member3

Arm the communities and realize, one does not need police anymore… No, they won’t possibly allow this.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Remember the mayor is famous for coining the expression, “Never let a good crisis go to waste.” The entire crew in the White House are from Chicago. They would love nothing more to get Chicago under the federal thumb, so they can rule their little fiefdom without interference.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Malgus wrote:</div>Interesting…

The police, who have no duty to protect you, are now telling folks to arm up and defend themselves… most probably in an effort to embarrass Mayor Carlos Gimenez and his budget cuts…

Mr. Rivera, president of the Miami-Dade Police Benevolent Association, knows that the sheeple have been conditioned to rely on the police for “protection” – conditioned as thoroughly as Pavlov’s Dog. I don’t think Mr. Rivera is acting out of a new-found sense of altruism. I think he’s relying on the possible hue and cry of the sheeple “without protection” to leverage the Mayor to reverse his present decision on budget cuts…

Personally, I feel every citizen is responsible for their own protection, and our laws should encourage and reflect that sentiment… the cops are real good at showing up after the fact, taking pictures, talking to people to get information, etc. “Protection”? Not so much…

People forget that most LEO’s do really want to help.

And everyone I know is all for personal firearms and self defense.

That there are only @700,000 active duty police out there says a lot. Figure 1 in 5 is actually working at any one time. One for each shift, one administrator and one on days off/vacation.
    No matter how much they want to be there so prevent and stop crime, you can’t be everywhere at once.
    It’s up to the people to take care of business and let the LEO’s investigate the rest and clean up the mess.

That SC decision isn’t as simple as many think it is.
    I’ll post more later, gotta go home now.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

No wonder RAHMBO wanted to defeat the CCW law in Illinois. or at least keep it out of Chicago. I am sure this was the plan all along, now that it is announced. “Too bad they had to wait so long for the big 60+ shooting and nearly a dozen dead SHOOTOUT” to ask the F’eds for help…

</sarc>

Dirty scuzzball chicago machine-whore b!tcheZ make me SICK!
    SHTF right around the corner… compliments of TPTB!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Syracuse news had a story about the 23yo son of a local police chief stealing copper pipe out of houses for scrap. People were shocked. Let the buyer beware.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

“Miami-Dade Police Urge Residents To Arm Themselves After Possible Budget Cuts”. An other city with a funding problem cutting police presence.

Definitely not a good sign, but I believe you may consider yourself lucky because they encourage you to arm yourself, here in my region they very aggressively go against arming the citizen, because “they are there to protect us”, they do not want us to be armed.

Of course smart folks do not listen too much for the not so smart advices.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Selco wrote:

Definitely not a good sign, but I believe you may consider yourself lucky because they encourage you to arm yourself, here in my region they very aggressively go against arming the citizen, because “they are there to protect us”, they do not want us to be armed.

Of course smart folks do not listen too much for the not so smart advices.

+1.000.000% Right, Selco!

At least here in the U$A, some of the local govt’s are a bit more connected to the people and will issue warnings such as this, contrary to the F’ed Govt’s wishes. In the eastern bloc, wasn’t it mostly the same government from the top down? If you don’t play according to rules, you get removed…?

I’d love to see a “Selco Perspective” on how the U$A is a better/worse prepping environment than your home scenario, and how we can capitalize on these differences. My thinking is getting stale on preps and such, I need a new outlook :D

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

As I understand it, folks in US are in advantage when it comes to what they have RIGHT, so that is very good, for example when it comes to personal freedoms, to your right to own (different) firearms etc.

For example owning reloading machine, and “producing” your own ammo is science fiction here, it is illegal, I can not have it, can not import reloading machine, or make it. If I somehow able to obtain it and they (law) got me I think I would end up as a some kind of terrorist and illegal weapon seller (very bad).

It is example only, but what I am trying to say, you have RIGHT on some things that I never gonna have here, so clearly when it comes to preparing and owning some stuff you are in huge advantage.

On the other side, I here (like other folks around me) am aware that rights do not mean to much, one day they are here, next day no rules, no rights.

So if you understand me, just try to not be too much “numbed” with what you can do today, it may not last forever. Perfect reason for being prepared.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Selco wrote:
    As I understand it, folks in US are in advantage when it comes to what they have RIGHT, so that is very good, for example when it comes to personal freedoms, to your right to own (different) firearms etc.

For example owning reloading machine, and “producing” your own ammo is science fiction here, it is illegal, I can not have it, can not import reloading machine, or make it. If I somehow able to obtain it and they (law) got me I think I would end up as a some kind of terrorist and illegal weapon seller (very bad).

It is example only, but what I am trying to say, you have RIGHT on some things that I never gonna have here, so clearly when it comes to preparing and owning some stuff you are in huge advantage.

On the other side, I here (like other folks around me) am aware that rights do not mean to much, one day they are here, next day no rules, no rights.

So if you understand me, just try to not be too much “numbed” with what you can do today, it may not last forever. Perfect reason for being prepared.

I guess you just cleared out my cobwebs in the first 2-3 sentences!
    I’ve been thinking of reloading for a while, but now is the time to actually get the equipment and components. #1 priority.

2 of my B.O.B. (band-O-brothers) reload, but we are not at the same location yet. Can not be sure they will make it, or bring equipment. So I must obtain my own, just in case. I’m the only one who has 5.56 right now anyway, so I need a setup for that.

Thanx for the wake-up, Selco. We have so many advantages here that we are lulled into a sense of security that will one day just disappear. Then the panic will set in. As you call it, SHTF

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Selco,

I won’t get windy on this or too involved, but you are essentially correct…

While it is true that our right to own firearms has been written into our Constitution, that is on the edge of the cliff, so to speak. Since the early 1930’s, efforts have been made – constantly – to limit or outright nullify that right. 1934, 1968, 1989, 1991… all these years have one thing in common – they are all years where our own government has tried to either outlaw firearms or tax them into nonexistence. Back in the 1920’s, it was a very different story. A man could own whatever his heart desired. Literally.

Now, thanks to nonstop attacks from the Left (and some from the right), what we have left is tenuous, at best. Our gun police – the BATF (also known as “F Troop” or “BAT-****”) – have constantly reinterpreted their own regulations for the sole purpose of denying the free citizens of this country their rights. Owners of firearms have been demonized in the press – are demonized – on a daily basis.

It goes way deeper than that, but think of it this way:

On one side, you have gun owners and the Constitution.

On the other, there’s an alliance of the anti-gun Press, various anti-gun groups, anti-gun Senators and Congressmen, anti-gun Billionaires like Bloomberg, Soros, even the current President… our opponents are many, they are well-funded, they are well-connected and they DO NOT go away or give up… they keep hammering at us, nonstop. They lie, they cheat, they obfuscate, they even completely make **** up just to try and sway public opinion against us. It is even widely suspected that certain high-profile killings have been false flags engineered by our own government as an excuse to take our firearms away – or at least legislate them out of existence… “Gunrunner” being only one example.

So, we sort of have the right to own firearms… for now…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.