Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The company G2 Research has come out with a devastating home defense round for most of the popular pistols . Its made of solid , machined copper . unlike hollow points or soft points , these rounds are intended to fragment into 9 different wound channels upon hitting the body . Just the look of them is wicked evil lol . They are expensive because they are individually machined , but then again , how much is your life worth ? The perp wont be walking away from this one .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, they are about $2 a round. Does look like a wicked ammo. I am thinking of buying a box for the .380 since this ammo will give it some wicked stopping power. For the 9mm looks good to.

If you buy the .45 then all hell will happen. The .45 does look evil.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

youtube the ballistic gel tests , they were reliable , they will be making rifle rounds soon . I have a box of the 9mm , needless to say , I wont be testing them on the range .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Insert mercury …. finish the job. lol

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The 12GA is real evil. Body armor has a hard time with this!!

Profile photo of stingray
    stingray
    Survivalist
    member2
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

There are solid copper hp 115 gr. bullets for reloading at Midway. Not so expensive and penetrate better.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

A lot of us dont reload , and dont plan to , its a benefit if you do . From what I understand , they do indeed work , the positive reviews and tests outweigh the negative ones by a wide margin , so its up to the individual to decide .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>The 12GA is real evil. Body armor has a hard time with this!!

Which means it won’t be legal.

Realistically, armor is rifle territory.
    If you only have a scattergun, aim for the soft parts, joints and unarmored bits such as hands and feet. Stick to shot loads for this, that’s buck not bird.

Rifles eat armor like pacman eats dots.
    Get sparks off a chickenplate, change your point of aim to a softer area, such as those previously mentioned.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird good idea to hit the soft parts to take them down. I think that the 12ga slugs would give the body armor problems too, what do you think? But you are right to slow them down hit the soft parts of the body(legs).

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Slugs against armor do less than one expects.
    Penetrating less than a .22 magnum by far.

More similar in effect to hitting someone with a ballbat than a penetrating wound.

Some 20+ years ago a LEO took a shoulder hit off hit concealable armor, the thinnest point. The slug actually slid off the armor injuring the officer above the armor. The armor itself stopped the slug from penetrating.

We had a pile of armor supplied by a local police supply shop, we were helping them dispose of them. Slugs were the easiest to stop, maybe not the most comfortable but the easiest.
    One conventional class 2 vest took 50 .357Mag hits from point blank range on each panel without failure. A matching vest took 7 rounds in the exact same point before penetration occured. Both vests are still on display last I knew.

The hardest to stop were the high velocity rounds.
    No not 9mm but 9×25 Dillon.
    One particular 10mm handload showed promise. Need to look at that new Glock model 40 10mm soon as I can.

Rifles made swiss cheese of most concealable armor, if the chicken plate wasn’t hit. This is rifles not pistol caliber carbines mind you.
    Until we start talking external armor you don’t even need specialty ammo, factory ball and most good HP or SP loads still make a mess of them. Especially in larger calibers. .308 and .30-06 tend to chew armor up.

Very simple, you put one or two rifle rounds into your target with no effect or you see sparks off the chicken plate, aim where the armor ain’t.
    Look at bad guy #2 in the bank of america shootout, how did they take him out? One SWAT guy stuck his rattlegun under the car and chewed his feet out from under him. He bled out there.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Bad luck may have it that the liberal lawyer for the perp could create an issue for using satanic ‘over-kill’ ammo. Evil Ammo.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.