Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

The first comment under the new article posted by Selco says a lot – and I suspect it’s from one who is NOT totally naive, or she wouldn’t be reading this material in the first place. I can’t imagine how it’s going to be for the vast majority of people in the US, probably Canada, and a handful of other nations living at the top of the world’s economic chain, without any recent history of wars. “Shock” won’t even begin to describe it.

Biggest dose of reality I’ve received. Overwhelming – I imagine a lot fewer Americans surviving than I previously thought.

Indeed….

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Excellent article as always. That first photo of the alleyway speaks volumes. We here in the US and Canada have no living memory of war which is probably why so many folks are so unrealistic. The thinking of “it can’t happen here is widespread.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Generals always prepare to fight the last war.

Which usually results in their side getting their butts kicked until they figure out how to fight the new one.

I appreciate Selco & Co., this site, you guys – Selco is a godsend and this site is a veritable fount of otherwise-impossible-to-obtain information – but I don’t think that the circumstances surrounding the next SHTF (especially here in the US) will resemble his experiences except in that a great many people will get dead very easily.

The skills needed and tools required won’t change, I think.

The most important takeaway from Selco’s article. At least for me: “You have to adapt fact that maybe you’ll be forced to survive only with your skills. You do not know, and cannot be sure.”

This. Spend all your time learning skills that apply to to rural, backwoods areas and then get trapped in an urban pocket when it all goes down. Or the opposite: learn urban skills, then get stranded in the backcountry. Spend your time putting distance between you and the Golden Horde and then have the “Us vs Them” line be your front yard…

Everyone got a plan until they get hit in the mouth. It’s what you do afterwards that counts…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.