Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi All,

Selco and I have been in detailed discussions these past few days. On top of our assessments of 2016 and the recent election cycle in the US, Selco has made the decision to travel to the US to deliver two, exclusive, physical seminars.

Seminars will be 1½ days long (12hrs total) There will be presentations, structured interactive sessions and lots of opportunities for questions to be asked and answered.

The first seminar will be in or near San Francisco, California on 11-12th February 2017

The second will be in San Antonio Texas on 18-19th February 2017.

We are just going through all of the final costings, and will release the seminar price as soon as possible, but, as always, we aim to make it as affordable and accessible as possible.

Now Selco has some clear ideas on what information he is going to present, but here is your chance to get involved. What would you like to see presented/discussed at this seminar?

Please comment below, many thanks everyone!

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’m not sure there’s a great deal to discuss about it time-wise, but it’s well worth at least addressing a new element of psychological trauma people will have to deal with in SHTF situations. I say “new” because it has never been a factor before in previous SHTF situations.

Very large numbers of people in the U.S. are prescribed various medications for depression, anxiety, etc., and when that supply chain is suddenly cut off, there will be some very unhinged people walking around. I’d expect even more home break-ins, with people just as desperate for meds as the starving people are for food. What will be worse is the fact that many of those people will be even more irrational to deal with than just the starving ones.

Many of those kinds of drugs are exceptionally difficult to get off of even when withdrawn very, very slowly. And that kind of withdrawal is unlike opiate withdrawal. When it’s sudden withdrawal, especially, I cannot even imagine what it will really be like with millions of such people suddenly coming unhinged. I think it’s at least worth pondering and addressing in the seminar.

I don’t suppose you’d consider an east coast seminar as well, would you? Atlanta is unlikely to have snow/ice problems even in February (possible, but rare), and a lot of people in the South are far more into “prepping” than some other areas of the nation. I suspect the additional aspects that would be discussed by Selco, beyond what most people think of as “prepping,” would be quite welcome. And Atlanta is easily accessible both by air (home base of Delta Airlines) and driving (multiple Interstate highways connect in Atlanta from all directions). A location close to the airport (southwest corner) would be excellent, potentially avoiding much of the traffic jams on the north side and inside the Interstate loop – avoid those areas!

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Personally, I’d like to see a “western” location.
    Odds are I wouldn’t be able to make it regardless, sadly.

Out here in the WY/UT area, it isn’t prepping but a way of life to many.

So many preppers today spend money on gear, which isn’t bad.
    They also are spending more and more money on training, even better.
    But so few today are blessed with something so simple as common sense, it becomes a challenge
    for many to be able to “make do without”.

From the medications previously mentioned, to basic home heating in an emergency, to scrounging of materials, it’s
    all new to many people. How to adapt, improvise and overcome is something new to the “Amazon” order generation.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Niagara Falls Canadian side.would be a good location on the east coast. I mean, easy access to US. Scenic wonder, plenty of visibility. And it’s easy for most of us to pass back and forth thru customs etc. would love a vacation to the falls this year. Might be a bit cold but it’s more scenic. Ice and fog. The rainbow bridge with the water swirling underneath. Right at home. Sure beats SF. But it sure is a rough flight. A layover in Hawaii would be nice lol.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Some of us have resisted getting passports. How sad it is! I used to live in the Buffalo area, and remember taking dates to the Falls and then driving back on the Canadian side to the Peace Bridge in Buffalo, stopping along the way sometimes at night along the River to “watch the submarine races.” [For anyone that doesn’t get that – oh well …. ;-) ] So if the training was up there, even if I spent the money to fly in to Buffalo, I still couldn’t do what I used to freely do in years past, and just drive across the bridge — not to mention driving in snow and ice anymore (it’s been almost 50 years since I left that kind of driving), plus trying to tolerate the cold after all these years where it’s HORRIBLE if it’s below 30°F down here (LOL!) in the smokey, semi-sunny, dry South (more than a foot below average annual rainfall so far this year, and a month and a half since the last drop of rain).

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Corvus
    Corvus
    Survivalist
    member4

The setting in San Antonio, Texas should allow for some good outdoor fire and some BBQ or brisket smoked only like we do in Texas. But this isn’t a damn foodie event so I’m really curious what our two days would cover, are we having an seminar about self-defense for person and home, are we going to review gear, go shooting or do bush crafting? Love to attend if my schedule allows.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi Covus,

We are just finalizing event details, we will release more info. very very soon! I’ll post links here as soon as we have them :)

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Sorry we will miss these seminars! Already have tickets to Haiti to do mission work for a couple of weeks. Wish I knew earlier… Have a great time. I would really have liked to meet Selco…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.