Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

Unfortunately we need a Saudi King to warn us of potential terrorist attacks, because big ‘O’ and his intelligence community can’t seam to figure anything out.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/significant-increase-in-terror-chatter-as-911-nears-islamic-states-rise-complicates-analysis_082014

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well since the 1970’s I have read in the news about the end of the petro dollar but it has not happened. There are many reasons, gold goes up but it also goes down just as fast, so does silver, in the 1970’s I sold an oz of silver for $50 and then one year later it went to $5 an oz. So for now the dollar is king. The Chinese are still not interested in there money being petro, the same goes for the Russians. The Russians want gold but you have to be very careful with gold since it’s value is not by what you can make with it so it can go down. The same goes for silver, when there is a big economy many things are made with silver but if there is a collapse we will see no use for silver till the economies of the world pick up again and product are made with silver.

So as of now the dollar is king. Remember how many years you have been reading this end to the petro dollar, 10, 20, 30, 40, maybe more. Has not happen.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Free, you need to look at the number of Issued U$D (which keeps going UP!) versus the prices of Gold and Silver. This is why I buy Silver. April 2011, Silver was threatening to break $50 (and actually DID in the Asian Markets, overnight) so the CME changed the rules 5 times in 8 days! by raising margin requirements. Then the big players started HFT’ing the prices into oblivion… (High Frequency Trading)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Believe me I do, I have been in the buying and selling of silver since 1970 when I was in high school and in the 80’s it went to $50 then went down again to the $5 an oz. Right now it has been going down from where it was, price today is $19.45 it was over $25, so the same is happening with gold right now at $1,287. Sure when a SHTF gold will hit big but you will see at a point where no one will be buying. Food will be king.

But for now the dollar is up till the collapse. Remember gold and silver will be for the end of the SHTF so you will have the means to build up again but during the SHTF there maybe no use for silver or gold. I will not give up any of my supplies for it. It is a way to hold to some wealth for when the SHTF is over. Hey copper, brass are also metals that will hold wealth too because they will be needed.

Profile photo of feral hobbit
    feral hobbit
    Survivalist
    member2

I guess since I have no monetary assets or wealth to worry about, I am more concerned with the socio-economic powder-keg that the US has become. I dare say the majority of US citizens are either ignorant, unprepared, or both. Unpreparedness means more Go’vt intervention and chaos. In a SHTF situation, the ignorant and unprepared easily justify being predators/raiders. Don’t get me wrong. undeRGRond and freedom make excellent points. My point of view more acute than theirs.

...it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts...

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

feral hobbit, The country is divided 50/50 so there will be many unprepared about 150 million. At a SHTF time the government will not be able to help them. They will turn on the government, you see it when they find any reason to riot. They will become predators/criminals. They are the first to fight the government and will not want control of them. If the government doesn’t give them food they will turn into gangs fighting day and night against the government and steal from the one’s that are prepared.

If you do not have any monetary assets or wealth it will not matter, what matters is can you save and store food for the SHTF times? If not you my friend will find that the government will not be there to feed you when the SHTF. They will let you die. The elites really only want the votes of these people that depend totally on the government handouts.

So when they do not need there votes anymore they will not feed them anymore.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

It doesn’t matter what the Saudi’s say or who in the royal family is alive or not. The Saudi’s play both sides of the fence and can’t be trusted.

That said, one doesn’t have to be a genius to conclude that an attack is coming, and most likely there are multiple entities plotting as we speak and not necessarily coordinating with each other. For the me the real question is whether the seemingly imminent attack will be a one-off event by a terrorist group, or a triggering event for WWIII by a larger player.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, Agree. I personally hope that if there is an attack that it will be a small one. I do not want one to happen but if one happens I hope it is small because to me it is a sign that they have not been able to develop a way to attack us in a bigger way. Boston was a small attack. Attacks like the Boston happen in Israel all the time. They bomb buses, cafes and other public areas all the time there.

Now if they do something bigger then 911 then we will have a problem. I pray we don’t see any attack.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

@Freedom, thanks for pointing this out:

freedom wrote:
    …for now the dollar is up (un)till the collapse. Remember gold and silver will be for the end of the SHTF so you will have the means to build up again but during the SHTF there may be no use for silver or gold…
    …Hey copper, brass (and Lead!) are also metals that will hold wealth too because they will be needed.

So, I need to STACK, Silver if I have extra Fiat, and keep stacking Food, Water. Ammo, and so forth. I think it is time for more of the essentials, like the Food, Water, and physical preps. Medicinals and hardware, etc. Barter Goods…

I know all of this, but I’ve been stuck in a rut with the stuff that I have been concentrating on. I just joined Selco’s course, last night, and he has a great EDC 1st Aid kit that I need to replicate. Fits in one hand, easily!
    I did all of my Boy Scouts First Aid TWICE, they lost my records, LOL!
    At least I am pretty well versed in it, but a refresher is always a great idea. I have done Red Cross and CPR so many times, I lost count. At one time I could have done an 8 hour course and became a “First Responder” but all of my certs are expired. Time to do it again! :D

Food, Fuel, Water, etc.
    Lather, Rinse, REPEAT!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of feral hobbit
    feral hobbit
    Survivalist
    member2

“u do not have any monetary assets or wealth it will not matter, what matters is can you save and store food for the SHTF times? If not you my friend will find that the government will not be there to feed you when the SHTF. They will let you die. The elites really only want the votes of these people that depend totally on the government handouts.

So when they do not need there votes anymore they will not feed them anymore.”

freedom, it seems you assume I expect the Government to take care of me. That is most certainly not the case. I am continually working toward preparedness and self reliance. I agree with what you said, but I am not in that crowd.

...it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts...

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

undeRGRond, ” keep stacking Food, Water. Ammo, and so forth. I think it is time for more of the essentials, like the Food, Water, and physical preps. Medicinals and hardware, etc. Barter Goods…”

Yes brother keep on track, all will be good to barter and for feeding the friends and family that didn’t save.

feral hobbit, No I didn’t assume you were in the government take. Also I do believe in food stamps for the ones who really need them. If you are low on funds you stock up on rice and beans, rice last for ever if you keep the air out of it.

I personally know of a small family that is on food stamps because they really need it, they only have found part time jobs and have three kids. They where doing well before 2008, never had taken food stamps before that. I have told them of what is coming and they are getting rice and beans, small bags at a time. There storage is starting to grow so I am hopeful if the SHTF they will have food to live.

So nothing wrong in food stamps if you really are in need.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.