Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sabasarge
    sabasarge
    Veteran
    member1

Hello folks!
    I thought it’s about time I introduced myself, so in a very small nutshell………
    I was born in Israel, raised in the States. I went back and raised a family and horses (my ex might argue with that order) on the Syrian border, and served in the IDF first as a gunner in a Merkava, then as a Tank Commander. As “luck” would have it, I enlisted just in time to serve almost all of my active duty in what we call the First Lebanon War, then reserve duty up to and including the present, with another round in Lebanon in 2006, and various other “moments” in Gaza as well as lots of ongoing activity in Judea and Samaria (AKA the West Bank).
    I worked in wildlife conservation for 20+ years throughout southern Afrika, India, Israel, and America.
    Now I go back and forth, living in a very rural setting in the States, chosen in part because I want nothing to do with the urban scene when TSHTF, and twice a year back to Israel, for reserves and to see three of my four grown kids who still reside there, and the eleven grandkids that are attached to them ;-)
    I continually take courses throughout the year, with “Tac Med” the thing I’m most interested in currently.
    I’m mostly here to read and learn, and I’ve been impressed with the skills, experiences, and nature of conversation that is to be found here.
    Thanks for having me.

We do not fight to be free; we fight because we are free
    - Avraham "Ya'ir" Stern -

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks for introduction Sabasarge, and welcome here!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome sabasarge, I’m sure you can add a lot to our conversations here. Don’t be shy about chiming in.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum sabasarge.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Welcome. :)

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome. You have a very interesting background. I look forward to you joining in the conversations.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome sabasarge. I am looking forward to your input on the forum. Ron S

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.